Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

Pookie

Novice
I don't think Matt wants Cleve on because he himself is a bit of an SJW and I think Cleve will violate all of his sensibilities in a very short span.
If you watch Matt's Arx Fatalis video it becomes pretty apparent that he wouldn't exactly be comfortable with anyone who isn't self censoring themselves or don't share his sensibilities.

Maybe I'm reading into to much of what he says, but that's the impression I had gotten.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I don't think Matt wants Cleve on because he himself is a bit of an SJW and I think Cleve will violate all of his sensibilities in a very short span.
If you watch Matt's Arx Fatalis video it becomes pretty apparent that he wouldn't exactly be comfortable with anyone who isn't self censoring themselves or don't share his sensibilities.

Maybe I'm reading into to much of what he says, but that's the impression I had gotten.

I didn't really buy it when Matt was playing along with Brenda Romero as she related the story of her persecution by the secret cabal of the penis society for decades. He was just being a good interviewer and trying to seem sympathetic to her complete incurable insanity. Yes, Brenda, tell me more about how the penis shadow men visited you at night to force you to choke on their evil doctrines. Mmm ... tell me more ... he was just practicing ELIZA-style conversational interaction.

I think there is a great deal of circumstantial evidence that nobody was forcing Brenda to choke on anything, she enjoyed causing her own eyes to bulge out from osmotic pressure for many years.

Funny thing about how all these men-hating snowflakes are always dragging a couple litters of illegitimate children behind them from some hypergamous hit'n'run shoot'n'bolt encounters over the years. Obviously, they thought that banging random men in alleyways outside of nightclubs was how you got into the fairy princess palace and lived happily ever after. Ask Romero's previous wives - the poster girls for stronger child support legislation. Keep picking winners Brenda.

Last edited:

Pookie

Novice
I didn't really buy it when Matt was playing along with Brenda Romero as she related the story of her persecution by the secret cabal of the penis society for decades. He was just being a good interviewer and trying to seem sympathetic to her complete incurable insanity. Yes, Brenda, tell me more about how the penis shadow men visited you at night to force you to choke on their evil doctrines. Mmm ... tell me more ... he was just practicing ELIZA-style conversational interaction.

Oh god I just watched that video, it pissed me off that she used "E3 Booth Babes" as an example of something that ABSOLUTELY HAS TO STOP because "I wanna bring my daughter to E3" when those women are actually working at E3 because they wanted to be there, and were happy to have a job doing it. They stopped using Booth Babes and now ironically all those women have one less gig to look forward to each year.

boothbabes_lament.png

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Good vid Matt. Seems like you genuinely had fun with it. Looking forward to Cleve's interview.

Those comments:
first! matt barton rules! fuck black lives matter!
Fuck you, racist shitbag. Nazi lives don't matter and history proves it with their massive ass beating. Get ready for more disappointment, you genetic malfunction.
Ironic that the "Nazi hater" brings up genetics to disparage people.
:lol:

Pookie

Novice
I actually downloaded the MegaWars client and immediately deleted it when I noticed it had some kind of cash shop. It might be different now but I hadn't even downloaded the actual game yet and that put me right off.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Re-uploaded:

This is the first in a new series with the incomparable Chuck Sommerville, Apple II master, LED wizard, the original Chip's Challenger, and much, much more.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Matt Chat - The First Era http://mattchat.us/?p=1047

The Complete List of Matt Chat Interviews (WIP)

The following links are to playlists containing all of the relevant videos for each person. Enjoy, and please share this with anyone you know who’s interested in game history and development.
  1. Avellone, Chris (3 videos). RPG Designer and writer best known for Planescape: Torment.
  2. Bartle, Richard (5 videos). Creator of MUD.
  3. Baldwin, Mark Lewis (3 videos). Creator of The Perfect General and Empire.
  4. Bowen, Laura (3 videos). SSI veteran.
  5. Cain, Tim (3 videos). Creator of Fallout and Arcanum.
  6. Caneghem, Jon Van (JVC). (2 videos). Founder of New World Computing and creator of Might & Magic.
  7. Caulfield, Anthony and Nicole (4 videos). Producers of From Bedrooms to Billions documentary.
  8. Clardy, Robert. (4 videos). CRPG pioneer and designer of War on Middle Earth.
  9. Cutter, John (4 videos). Cinemaware and Dynamix designer and producer.
  10. Devine, Graeme (3 videos). Founder of Trilobyte and creator of The 7th Guest.
  11. Doan, Daniel (1 video). Creator of Sanctuary and indie publisher.
  12. Dr. Cat (6 videos). Veteran of Origin Systems and designer of Furcadia.
  13. Fargo, Brian (4 videos). Founder of Interplay.
  14. Fries, Ed (4 videos). VP of Game Publishing for Xbox.
  15. Garriott, Richard (aka Lord British). (3 videos). Ultima creator and founder of Origin.
  16. Gilbert, Dave (3 videos). Adventure game designer and founder of Wadjet Eye.
  17. Gollop, Julian (4 videos). Creator of X-Com.
  18. Hall, Tom (4 videos). Influential level designer and creator of Commander Keen and Anachronox.
  19. Hallford, Neal (5 videos). Writer and designer of Betrayal at Krondor.
  20. Heineman, Rebecca (aka Burger). (5 videos). Creator of Bard’s Tale III and Dragon Wars.
  21. Hendrick, Arnold (3 videos). Creator of Darklands.
  22. Henkel, Guido (4 videos). Designer known for Realms of Arkania and PS:T.
  23. Irving, Rob (5 videos). Origin veteran who worked on Wing Commander series.
  24. Jacob, Bob (1 video). Founder of Cinemaware.
  25. Kick, Stephen (3 videos). Founder of Night Dive.
  26. Lang, Tim (5 videos). Level designer and New World Computing veteran.
  27. Manley, Susan (5 videos). Founder of Olde Skuul and artist at SSI.
  28. Montgomery. R.A. (1 video). Creator of Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books.
  29. Neurath, Paul (2 videos). Founder of Blue Sky Productions and creative director of Zynga.
  30. Oliphant, Peter (3 videos). Designer of Stonekeep.
  31. Pajitnov, Alexey. (3 videos). Creator of Tetris.
  32. Romero, John. (5 videos). Creator of Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and Quake.
  33. Sachs, Jim (3 videos). Influential Amiga artist.
  34. Salila, Juho (2 videos). Creator of Legend of Grimrock.
  35. Sanger, George (aka The Fat Man). (5 videos). Colorful pioneer of game audio.
  36. Schick, Lawrence (3 videos). Writer for Elder Scrolls Online and veteran of TSR, Coleco, and Microprose.
  37. Shelley, David (3 videos). SSI veteran.
  38. Taylor, Chris (4 videos). Founder of Gas Powered Games and RTS expert.
  39. Tunnell, Jeff (4 videos). Founder of Dynamix.
  40. Urquhart, Feargus (4 videos). CEO of Obsidian.
  41. Weisman, Jordan (2 videos). Creator of Battletech games.
  42. Wertich, Volker (3 videos). Creator of The Settlers.
  43. Wesely, David. (5 videos). D&D and Coleco pioneer.
  44. Wilkins, Don. (3 videos). Creator of Stellar Tactics and veteran of Sir-Tech.
  45. Williams, Joe and Hannah (3 videos). Founders of Whalenought Studios.
  46. Witwer, Mike. Author of Gary Gygax bio.
  47. Wood, Johnny. MMO designer and creator of Classic Ultima Online.
  48. Woodhead, Robert. Creator of Wizardry.
  49. Volk, Bill (4 videos). Avalon Hill and Activision veteran.
  50. Yerzmyey (3 videos). Chiptune composer.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Baldwin should be 2.

Volk should be 41.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom