Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Max Payne 3 - Discuss!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Morgoth said:
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/18761/max-payne-3-coming-march-2012.html

March 2012.

Looks pretty fukken cool.
God! The comments, the comments.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I wonder when people will get tired of Gears of War clones?

Max Absolution: Payne Conviction looks like it's going to be a horrible piece of shit.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
With this, ME3, and XCOM, March is looking like the month for third person cover based shooters. I can only hope this means XCOM bombs hard. They're all aiming for the same target demographic so they can't all be successes, right?

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Wow, they described the game as dark and gritty in the very first sentence. Also, Intelligent Cover System? Does not compute.

omg cool! max payne. cant play those old ones they look crap and they are old but i like the movie. i hope mark wahlberg will be in this one too! i hope this has dx11 too or i wont get it. and support for my 4-core soundblaster.

Holy fucking pole dancing Prosper. This is Max Payne now? Can they get the concept of Max Payne more wrong even if was a EA game? The box art itself screams out "noire".

Phelot

Arcane
Oh yeah LOL I forgot that they made Max some bald motherfucker.

Anyway, I enjoyed the gameplay of MP2 but the story and all was already fucked by then so I guess it doesn't matter. If they somehow manage to stick to the fun gun play of the last two, it might be decent, but I don't have much faith.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Reject_666_6 said:
Wow, they described the game as dark and gritty in the very first sentence. Also, Intelligent Cover System? Does not compute.

In that same sentence, they also said,

and is sure to satisfy both newcomers and veterans to the historic franchise alike

It was a buzzword paradise for a while there. They forgot "immersive," but I am sure that they will make up for it.

I have no idea how this game will turn out. Personally, I have rarely found combat to be impressive in a Rockstar game. Red Dead Redemption even managed to screw up dueling--in a western, that is really disappointing.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
....so instead of slowmo bullet time shootouts, we'll have cover shooting?

What will they ever do next?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Putting cover in a Max Payne game is bullshit. It was all about shooting motherfuckers in slowmo while dodging bullets. Or using the Kung Fu mod.

Fr1Qa.jpg

SoupNazi

I don't want to give up on it before I see it, but this is supposed to be a Noir story ... and 3/4 of it takes place in Brazil or wherever. So yeah, I'm feeling pretty butthurt. Not to mention that whenever the protagonist of a successful series shaved head, it ended up shit (Splinter Cell: Double Agent).

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
SoupNazi said:
I don't want to give up on it before I see it, but this is supposed to be a Noir story ... and 3/4 of it takes place in Brazil or wherever. So yeah, I'm feeling pretty butthurt. Not to mention that whenever the protagonist of a successful series shaved head, it ended up shit (Splinter Cell: Double Agent).
Noir story? The whole game doesn't need to look like the motherfucking Third Man to be "Noire".

Personally, I like the change. We get both NYC and Sao Paulo settings, plus being developed by Rockstar at least we can be sure the production values will be right.

MetalCraze

Arcane
"Some changes"

From a night to a day
From an action packed gun-fu gameplay to a static shooting range
From an everyman to the steroid-raging GTA bull-gangster
From corrupt cops, politicians and mafia to thirdworld niggers

It's like they were developing a totally unrelated game and then thought it won't sell much unless they give it an unrelated but known name.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Who says there won't be night missions?

Who says all missions won't be night missions you mean?

And you can tell that from some screenshots how?
Why do I need just screenshots for that? I fully trust devs to deliver Intelligent Cover System™

Doesn't look like a rage fueled bull to me.

Sam_Wake.jpg

maxpayne-494x590.jpg

You are right - similarities are impressive. It's like Rockstar was always doing Max Payne sequel

SoupNazi

He looks like a wannabe tough guy in the first picture.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry, but this argument is like watching Dumb & Dumber. Talking about who's dumber.

Rhalle

Magister
Max Payne 2 is one of my favorite games.

Not a bit surprised to see Rockstar making it ugly.

Stinger

Arcane
>=O

Looks atrocious.

As if over the top bullet time shooting is too 'niche' for a mainstream audience that we need to throw cover based shooting even into Max Fucking Payne!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom