Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Me want SPazmo and Saint back

Who is better?

• Saint

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vault Dweller

• Connie Chung

• Total voters

Texas Red

Whiner
Elwro said:
No, we need good games once in a while, too. Saying "games were better in the times of yore" is becoming less and less fun the longer "yore" stays at 1997.
I always thought The Witcher would have at least a similar lever of RPGishnessity as Gothic 2. And I still believe it's going to be a kick ass game. If it's not, I guess I'll do a flip-flop, or become "The Switcher" :D.

I havent been following The Witcher development. Didnt somebody on the team say that it is basically a hack-n-slash game? After that I believe I lost any interest. Those European action/RPGs are(does Europe/Russia develop anything other than games in that genre?)... lame.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'm sure it'll have plenty of combat, heck, it'd be really strange if a game about witchers didn't have it.

suibhne

Erudite
Elwro said:
No, we need good games once in a while, too. Saying "games were better in the times of yore" is becoming less and less fun the longer "yore" stays at 1997.

^^

Being forced into the role of the norteamericano intarweb's sole principled opposition on Oblivion did not do kind things to us here.

crpgnut

Augur
Wow! I miss Saint's posts but I certainly wouldn't want to lose VD's posts to get Saint back. There is plenty of room on the forums for both. Fez was a hoot! I almost never agreed with him, but enjoyed reading his point of view.

Rosh

Erudite
Gnidrologist said:
And Roshambo, of course, he's pretentious selfwrightous repulsive prick, but the flamefests he usually started were entertaining somewhat. And NMA is quite dead as of late.

I'll agree to everything you said except for "pretentious", unless it's in context with having the balls to look at a developer and shake my head and state that they aren't even trying, and no I don't care how much their ass gets routinely licked upon their own forums. Compared to the work done in the past, most developers today aren't trying. You can't be pretentious to shit quality and shit merchants. :D

As for NMA being dead, they're waiting along with others for Bethesda to hand them a clue because nobody cares to dig on their own, and as far as Bethesda is concerned they can keep waiting until close to release. While the Fallout community fights amongst itself to see who can suck off Emil and other developers so they can come post useless shit on the forums. Correction, VDweller and I dug on our own, handed a few tidbits around and even posted some info on NMA's own news forum, but since it's not officially stated by Bethesda, they can't print it. Or some bullshit like that, yet DAC printed it easily enough. I stopped caring after repeatedly posting these bits of info so they could be ignored, and then I get rewarded by being told that I have to hold the lead admin (Silencer) by the hand and inform him of events on his own news forum. Then told that for years I was supposedly discussing DC Comics instead of EC Comics.

It should be amusing to see what happens to the site when Fallout 3 comes out, of either refusing to cover it besides some news posts and forum bitching, or being inable to update the site due to the same technical reasons that makes the forum publicly browsable through a selectively-butchered AdminSQL installation.

Briosafreak said:
The news at NMA are going fine, but the forum is suffering from serious problems with the server, quite annoying.

Which, given that NMA is pretty much just a forum now...

LCJr.

Erudite
bozia2012 said:
Damn there is no third option!

By the way what happened to Master Thief?

Probably getting raped in prison. Isn't he the one who started the Dear Abbey bullshit with his 15 yr. old groupie threads?

LCJr.

Erudite
Personally I think all the whining and bitching about Oblivion turned off a lot people. For awhile there practically the whole first page of the forum was nothing but pathetic and redundant Oblivion bitch threads.

If you think Fallout 3 is going to "save" the forums you're just kidding yourself. It's going to be more boring and stupid bitching about every little released tidbit of a game we all know is going to be shit. And you know it's going to bring in even more ESF fucktards.

Kraszu

Prophet
The Walkin' Dude said:
I havent been following The Witcher development. Didnt somebody on the team say that it is basically a hack-n-slash game? After that I believe I lost any interest.

Never saw that, they promise non-linear game and show some quest whit couple different outcomes.

Ladonna

Arcane
The problem, as far as I can see, has already been brought up.

There is virtually nothing new.

And now that there is one major RPG dev, with a tit sucker doing their number two's (Bioware and Obsidian).....The Euro's may be the only ones to take up the slack when it comes to full on developers.

Indy games may come to the rescue, but it will have to be something better than Spiderweb games.

Is Saint really dead? or is this just bullshit?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
LCJr. said:
Personally I think all the whining and bitching about Oblivion turned off a lot people. For awhile there practically the whole first page of the forum was nothing but pathetic and redundant Oblivion bitch threads.

If you think Fallout 3 is going to "save" the forums you're just kidding yourself. It's going to be more boring and stupid bitching about every little released tidbit of a game we all know is going to be shit. And you know it's going to bring in even more ESF fucktards.
The Codex has always been about whining and bitching. It's our niche, baby!

Voss

Erudite
covr said:
Agree with dumbfunk. The more shitty RPGs will be released, the Codex will be stronger. Worsest games=better Codex.

No. With every shitty game, some of the dumbass fans of the shitty games come here and settle, because they think its cool and emo, and they're fucking braindead masochists who mistake virulent abuse for welcome.

The level of discussion has gotten worse and worse. Even the politcal and social debate is little more than meaningless empty trolling (as opposed to thought provoking trolling) thanks to a couple of mindless little fuckers.

And, of course, they're incapable of using simple tools like a search button, so the rotting horse carcass that is the 'What is an rpg?' topic gets reanimated to shuffle around in its own pestilent filth every other week. Which could be worthwhile, but no one manages to say anything vaguely intelligent, let alone interesting and new.

Well, Voss, then I guess you could stop bitching and make an intelligent thread yourself? Or you could just do what you always fucking do, sit on the sidelines and wait till someone fucks up then flame them royally, which does work, but I just don't understand what your bitching about. What are you trying to accomplish here?

Excrément

Arbiter
covr said:
Agree with dumbfunk. The more shitty RPGs will be released, the Codex will be stronger. Worsest games=better Codex.

sad but true. Codex is reactionnary website only.and that's why there is a "no ban" policy.

Voss

Erudite
The_Nameless_Prick said:
Well, Voss, then I guess you could stop bitching and make an intelligent thread yourself? Or you could just do what you always fucking do, sit on the sidelines and wait till someone fucks up then flame them royally, which does work, but I just don't understand what your bitching about. What are you trying to accomplish here?

What am I trying to accomplish here? I use this forum for my own amusement and to hawk bile at pathetic little worm babies like yourself. And because its the internet, I don't have to watch wretched, stupid filth monkeys over their ears and cry because they can't defend their pathetic beliefs and shield their naive idealism from harsh facts. A lot of people I know can't argue worth a damn, and can't even defend their deepest beliefs in a coherent manner, which really offends me.

Plus there are some things I won't argue about with people I actually like, and in other cases, discussion of some topics wouldn't be appropriate (a workplace, for example, isn't an appropriate place for a lot of these discussions). Through in the fact that I'm living in central PA at the moment and most people are poorly educated and woefully ignorant... its like beating up crippled children.

But most of all, it amuses me.

So dance, puppets, dance.

Excrément said:
sad but true. Codex is reactionnary website only.and that's why there is a "no ban" policy.

Only? Nah, just largely. But no, that isn't why the 'no ban' policy exists. If it can really said to be a policy...[/img]

Excrément

Arbiter
this thread lacks of bravery : names.
can someone lists all the ESF Fucktards?

P.S : be careful with the "date joined" because it looks like every one here has some 3 or 4 alts or were "old time lurker" (easy to say, difficult to prove)

Voss said:
The_Nameless_Prick said:

What am I trying to accomplish here? I use this forum for my own amusement and to hawk bile at pathetic little worm babies like yourself. And because its the internet, I don't have to watch wretched, stupid filth monkeys over their ears and cry because they can't defend their pathetic beliefs and shield their naive idealism from harsh facts. A lot of people I know can't argue worth a damn, and can't even defend their deepest beliefs in a coherent manner, which really offends me.

Plus there are some things I won't argue about with people I actually like, and in other cases, discussion of some topics wouldn't be appropriate (a workplace, for example, isn't an appropriate place for a lot of these discussions). Through in the fact that I'm living in central PA at the moment and most people are poorly educated and woefully ignorant... its like beating up crippled children.

But most of all, it amuses me.

So dance, puppets, dance.

Well Voss, I really don't know what to say. I'm just a hardworking low-wage d00d who has women issues and is a Fallout fan on the side. I must admit that I'm actually starting to like getting flamed here, I always seem to come out...stronger. My sig is for selfish reasons.

LCJr.

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:
LCJr. said:

The Codex has always been about whining and bitching. It's our niche, baby!

Point taken.

Spazmo

Erudite
I LIVE

But not here. Mostly because the RPG genre is far too dead to make reading RPG Codex anything but depressing. Basically, when Gothic 3 came out, it became obvious that the board was just going to be in ToEE mode for a few months ("It rules!" "No it sucks!" over twenty pages, in twenty identical threads). It got harder and harder to get through the entire forum because most topics were just clones of topics I didn't want to read in the first place. That and ESF retardfugees. And kingcomrade.

Alright, carry on.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
WE shall wait for the Return of the RPG and we will ride together once again, sir spazmo. :salute:

Please don't forget us.

spacemoose

Erudite
it kind of sucks, the no-ban tradition which made this place so great has ulitimately doomed it , with various kingcomrades setting in like a cancer

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom