Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mechwarrior Online - Cinematic trailer

Destroid

Arcane
I find 30-60$ pre-order packages ridiculously pricing for a F2P game. No idea what their subscription price will be. The founder mechs are intended to act like gold tanks from WoT, they just earn more c-bills, you keep them forever.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:necro:

So how's the game turned out? I hear they added Clan mechs and a ton of different maps. I'm seriously tempted to giving it a go when I get home today.

I've been poking around a bit, and it seem slike they added a ton of new maps and mechs (including clan mechs which upsets a bunch of people that arne't me).

And it also looks like the mech lab has gotten an overhaul

MWOClient-2015-01-16-18-01-26-91.png

So unless it's uber-grindy or majorly pay2win, it looks like it's getting very similar to mechwarrior 3 multiplayer.

Last edited:

Luka-boy

Arcane
:killit:
The developers showed their incompetence early on and it piled up over time. I'm pretty sure there's a thread in the Codex's MMO subforum that talks about it in detail, or maybe it was only about the third person camera drama.

The game could be fun playing in a Lance (or Star) with some bros, though.

And I suspect you in particular might enjoy this recent sound mod that adds MW2 sound effects and its Betty:

edit: Mod got an update. It now features in-game MW2 music too.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom