Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Memorable little things in your games

Neki

Scholar
MGS3:If the player saves their game in the middle of the battle and waits over a week before playing again, The End(100hrs old)will have died of old age.

Eternal Darkness: Delete save message,the message will informe that all of your saved data had been deleted...
Best troll ever.

Depression Quest:Everything

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
MGS3:If the player saves their game in the middle of the battle and waits over a week before playing again, The End(100hrs old)will have died of old age.
The same happens if you set the Playstation clock forward a few hours.

For me, one of the most memorable moment is the start of Icewind Dale 2. The narrator girl's voice is beautiful, and when the game opens, you hear that fantastic music in Targos.

Also, when you get caught by guards in Thief 3 and this opens up a secret mission in the prison.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I guess the most recent ones would be the easter eggs in The Void; like that one secret area that gives you a glimpse into the real world, but you can't leave the Void because it's gated shut. Also the moon there is the same moon that you can see in Uta's grotto, blending reality and the void.
Uhm... I think you got it wrong. The 'real world' (also 'the world above') would be the one in your delusions/dreams, when you walk around chasing a girl. I think what you mention here though, is not what you think it is. If you're saying you can jump down the abyss in one of the locations nearby the nameless sister, then you're talking about Pathologic easter egg - notice there are some toys abandoned by kids, which is an indication they have died from a disease. The Void has lots of easter eggs but you can easily miss all of them if you're not observant and just rush through the game. Such as Dante's Divine Comedy book, references to Lovecraft, Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssee, The Witcher, Portal, and even more to Pathologic.

As for Uta's grotto... I hope you've noticed a very silent voice when you were looking at that moon in Uta's grotto, or just wandering there around, and turned the volume up. You could, then, listen to a William Blake's poem. Stuff like this is wonderful.

I wanted to show you this on youtube, but there's none. I could only find one from Polish version :M

But The Void is emotionally engaging all round with many little things, but I already wrote a review about it and I don't want to repeat myself how great it is ;)

pippin

Also, when you get caught by guards in Thief 3 and this opens up a secret mission in the prison.

Something similar happened in Lionheart - you could get caught by the Inquisition and instead of a game over you got to free yourself and find your way out of the prison. When you escape, you're in the middle of nowhere, and have to travel through the wilderness to find Barcelona again.
Sadly this makes the game sound better than what it actually is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom