Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

merge expeditions subforum into general cRPG or make the subforum where obsidian etc. subfora are

hivemind

seriously

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's a hosted subforum that the devs asked for. You need to talk to them about it, not Codex staff.

hivemind

the problem is like nobody scrolls down there and this on top of 2 news article threads just means that the discussion about the game is like all over the place

why not have hosted subfora of RPG companies in the general RPG discussion?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Because otherwise there'd be too many of them, plus we'd be mixing hosted forums, that the game developers moderate and in some cases have even paid for, with our subforums which are purely organizational. It's two different things.

An additional factor to consider is that game devs might want their games' titles to appear on the forum's main page, which they won't if they're subforums.

hivemind

Because otherwise there'd be too many of them
you could have like

Main forum > cRPGs > Obsidian
________________ >scamXile
________________>bethesda
________________>etc.
________________>Hosted forums(Expeditions, Iron tower, etc.) > Iron tower
____________________________________________________ >Expeditions
____________________________________________________>etc.

it wouldn't really that clunky presentation wise imo

being on the front page is ok point I guess but I still think that they would get more exposure in a cluster of forums centered around RPGs, usually people only scroll to the bottom part of the website to shitpost about politics

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I agree that the Hosted RPG Forums need to be reorganized. A while back I asked DarkUnderlord if their contents could be mirrored into GRPG the same way GRPG's subforums are, but he says it's not possible.

However, you should also consider the possibility that Expeditions is just genuinely less popular. The Iron Tower hosted forum has had a lot less trouble getting traffic.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I agree that the Hosted RPG Forums need to be reorganized. A while back I asked DarkUnderlord if their contents could be mirrored into GRPG the same way GRPG's subforums are, but he says it's not possible.

However, you should also consider the possibility that Expeditions is just genuinely less popular. The Iron Tower hosted forum has had a lot less trouble getting traffic.
Yeah I'd have to do it the way Hivemind said. Do we want that?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
If you insist on keeping our subforums, then a possible compromise would be to put the hosted RPG forums as subforums in an otherwise empty "Hosted RPG Forums" forum in the RPG Discussion section, so you at least wouldn't have to scroll down as much to reach them.

Aenra

Do we want that?

I know you have site traffic to consider, as well as income, etc. and i also know that the past has proven you right; in light i mean of where we stand due to decisions you've taken. So you've got that going for you.
On the other hand, there's a measure in all things. Too many buttans, too many subforums, too much segmenting, twittard reposts in the main page(!?) ... we're getting awfully 'modern' here Boss; this is bound to bite us in the ass, sooner or later.

Paid for is paid for, site needs the money, so let them have their fucking special subforums. Keep everything else as simple as humanly possible/as close to what it was like before Infinitron's megathreading our 'modernizing'.
No exceptions. You make one, you gotta make another. And another.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
so you wouldn't have to scroll down as much to reach them

so instead of having to take three seconds to scroll down you have to take three seconds to mouseclick into an additional section. in addition to that, subforums that have been plain visible on the main forum list would then be hidden away.

seriously guys why is this necessary

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Yep, that's true.

The real solution would be to display the Codex as two columns of forums, RPG and non-RPG, but that's not something you see a lot.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Do we want that?

I know you have site traffic to consider, as well as income, etc. and i also know that the past has proven you right; in light i mean of where we stand due to decisions you've taken. So you've got that going for you.
People just get used to things. I could say I'm going to shit in a bucket and put it on the shelf and everyone could say it's a terrible idea, but if I actually did it, then before long even the suggestion of removing the bucket would be considered sacrilegious.

Aenra

Can't argue with that sadly.. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom