Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

METAL GEAR RISING 2 CONFIRMED

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
AXhyORj.gif

Soundtrack in this game IS a lot like that though.
Regarding Phage - he told me to kill myself as soon as I tried to express my difficulties liking MGR in CDS chat, which was followed by even more butthurt. Needless to say I came to know him as a reasonable person.
I might actually give this game another chance, I do own it on steam after all, though I initially regreted even the small 4 euro price I payed for it. It was beginning to become sort of enjoyable until the fucking "hide in a box" stealth sections, not sure if those are forced but I couldn't beat these parts otherwise. Could be I'm just not into "spectacle figher" genre that much, because I didn't have any trouble enjoying new DMC game which seems to be deemed utter shit by pretty much everyone who praises this one, but that game at least wasn't this QTE-ish and the presentation, while silly and over the top, at least wasn't jap animu shit.

Don't you get how amazingly self-aware this shit is? It's so over the top and has edgy shit music on purpose! Don't you dare take any of this at face value!

Bonus:

This is the retard they got to do vocals.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Soundtrack in this game IS a lot like that though.
Regarding Phage - he told me to kill myself as soon as I tried to express my difficulties liking MGR in CDS chat, which was followed by even more butthurt. Needless to say I came to know him as a reasonable person.
I might actually give this game another chance, I do own it on steam after all, though I initially regreted even the small 4 euro price I payed for it. It was beginning to become sort of enjoyable until the fucking "hide in a box" stealth sections, not sure if those are forced but I couldn't beat these parts otherwise. Could be I'm just not into "spectacle figher" genre that much, because I didn't have any trouble enjoying new DMC game which seems to be deemed utter shit by pretty much everyone who praises this one, but that game at least wasn't this QTE-ish and the presentation, while silly and over the top, at least wasn't jap animu shit.

Actually, in that very chat we deduced that you think the red indicators for incoming attacks are "essentially QTEs"

herp.

Luka-boy

Arcane
It was beginning to become sort of enjoyable until the fucking "hide in a box" stealth sections, not sure if those are forced but I couldn't beat these parts otherwise.
Just for the sake of clearing that up, stealth is always completely optional. Even in Wolf's DLC which encourages it more.

Actually, in that very chat we deduced that you think the red indicators for incoming attacks are "essentially QTEs"
herp.
No, I called the parrying system "QTE-ish" but it's not like I'm up for continuing this shit with you, go be butthurt at LS now.
Needless to say I came to know him as a reasonable person.
Who thinks MGS2 is THE BEST GAEM EVAR.
The word "reasonable" sure got devalued lately. Even Metal Gear series fans would call him retarded.
I don't think you quite.. ah fuck it.
It was beginning to become sort of enjoyable until the fucking "hide in a box" stealth sections, not sure if those are forced but I couldn't beat these parts otherwise.
Just for the sake of clearing that up, stealth is always completely optional. Even in Wolf's DLC which encourages it more.
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind when I'm up for another try at this game.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Needless to say I came to know him as a reasonable person.
Who thinks MGS2 is THE BEST GAEM EVAR.

The word "reasonable" sure got devalued lately. Even Metal Gear series fans would call him retarded.

:lol: You really take everything you read on the internet at face value, huh?

You are kind of adorable Gerrard. Like a pet, or a small child. Unfortunately the stalking feature doesn't actually let me know when you post, but, I guess that's for the best - it allows me to randomly stumble upon your posts and feel great about myself. More rewarding in the long run.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
No, I called the parrying system "QTE-ish" but it's not like I'm up for continuing this shit with you, go be butthurt at LS now.

Trust me men, I feel no butthurt towards your or LS. I feel... varying degrees of pity. It's not really my problem if either of you have difficulty enjoying a great game, especially if you genuinely think that DmC is a better title. Meanwhile, you were apparently seriously traumatized by me explaining why you calling the attack indicator "QTE-ish" or whatever phrase you want was no different than calling nearly any audiovisual indication for anything in a game as "QTE-ish". Traumatized enough to log onto the dex over a week later and post your victim report. :salute:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
It still puzzle me how it wasn't that popular back then. Oversaturated market where anything below 9+/10 is not worthy attention?
Only to be noticed (and appreciated?) during severe drough in recent times...

═█═

Literate
I kind of don't want a sequel to it since the game was so perfect all by itself. Maybe if they had made it shortly after the first one. There's no way they could recapture the magic now several console generations later.

ADL

Prophet
I'll take a remaster and even pay a little for it. PC port is dogshit.

Dodo1610

Arcane
It still puzzle me how it wasn't that popular back then. Oversaturated market where anything below 9+/10 is not worthy attention?
Actually this was the only Platinum game that sold really well.

I should probably buy this before Konami delists it and releases a remaster with "updated" visuals and writing.

Probably because it deviated too much from Metal Gear's atmosphere and gameplay. But it has earned its cult status and has been resurfacing among certain audiences thanks to

vtubers

orcinator

Liturgist
Probably because it deviated too much from Metal Gear's atmosphere and gameplay. But it has earned its cult status and has been resurfacing among certain audiences thanks to

vtubers
Hopefully Kojimbo's next celeb obsession will be a rapper so we can hear vtubers say nigger again.

vtubers
Hopefully Kojimbo's next celeb obsession will be a rapper so we can hear vtubers say nigger again.
This is a Platinum game, but I could totally see Kamiya as a rap fan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom