Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V coming to Steam

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's my assumption (strong enough to call it certainty), just can't imagine other reasonable explanation for so sad-looking chick to be dressed like a prostitute if it's supposed to have any deeper meaning (-> suggestion in Kojima's twitt).
That would be too simple for Kojima's twisted mind.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Fox engine looks very impressive, I'm not the biggest MGS fan, but i will definitely play it to see the engine in action.

dunno lah

Arcane
After watching some MGS2 vids on youtube, I just realized that the new sneaking suit also has elements of Solidus Snake's power suit, notably the bulkiness and the phallus on his back.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I thought Valve's Steam sold video games, not movies yet...?

Fuck you, (3/5 of) Snake Eater was good.

I was talking more about MGS4 and 5.
MGS4 had exactly 10 hours cutscenes, but it also had 10 hours gameplay. So it had decent ammount of gameplay.
Yeah, I don't think that's correct. The ratio is arguably exaggerated, but there are definitely more cutscenes than there is gameplay.

If you've got a citation to back up that claim, then I'm more than happy to admit that I'm mistaken.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought Valve's Steam sold video games, not movies yet...?

Fuck you, (3/5 of) Snake Eater was good.

I was talking more about MGS4 and 5.
MGS4 had exactly 10 hours cutscenes, but it also had 10 hours gameplay. So it had decent ammount of gameplay.
Yeah, I don't think that's correct. The ratio is arguably exaggerated, but there are definitely more cutscenes than there is gameplay.

If you've got a citation to back up that claim, then I'm more than happy to admit that I'm mistaken.
I quote myself, because I remember it like it was yesterday. There was a big wuss about "lol MGS4 is a movie", so after I finished it, I looked at the gameplay statistics, and saw that it took 20 hours to finish it. And since it was written that it had 10 hour cinematics, I just did the math. I'm not rushing through games, so if someone says to me that they finished it in 8 hours, than I won't dispute it. But it can take up to 10 hours in an average pace.

Also:
http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=5916

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
MGS4 had the worst installation setup ever. Can't even replay earlier saves without that 20 minute install.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom