Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V coming to Steam

Luka-boy

Arcane
Does Snake/Boss/whoever still spit the last couple words someone says to him back out as a question? Sometimes followed by a considering grunt? If so, I'm on board.
Mandatory video.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Jeesas fkng Christ, the protagonist of The Phantom Pain is Frank Jaeger, not Big Boss. I didn't believe it back when the theory was first anounced, but with all recent trailers, interviews and other shit, I'm totally convinced now. And I wanted to play Big Boss so much, fuck.

bert

Arcane
Jeesas fkng Christ, the protagonist of The Phantom Pain is Frank Jaeger, not Big Boss. I didn't believe it back when the theory was first anounced, but with all recent trailers, interviews and other shit, I'm totally convinced now. And I wanted to play Big Boss so much, fuck.

:notsureifserious:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

:notsureifserious:
Well, it sounded funny a year ago, when I last checked the fan mumbling on this game. Not so much now.

That vid is probably the best one to sum up most of the points:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_4jcSH-KIE#t=2970
It's an hour long tho and has a couple of over-reaching ones.

And there are much more arguments to it, it's just FUCK, why can't I unsee all this? I was so hyped on this game before. And as much as I like Gray Fox, I fucking LOVE Big Boss and watching his appearences over the series. Possibility of having him as a protagonist was my years-long dream.

bert

Arcane
YpuGpkAl.png

SQvfY1ml.png

Wjs59Cll.png

oAnwQqCl.png

J0NUV9pl.png

Ok, this guy is seriously grasping.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Ok, this guy is seriously grasping.
That's EXACTLY the stupid and over-reaching part I've mentioned earlier. Pretty much everything else in his video makes sence. There are also some major arguments he didn't adress:
This gameplay video footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdIxSadnlGk
Pause this shit at exactly 1.33
See? The shadow DOESN"T MATCH! The guy sees himself as Big Boss, but in fact he is Frank. It's the "Perfect Soldier Project" being launched, the timeline fits perfectly. He's been implanted with BB's genes during coma, forced to experience his memories and shit.

Edit: to be more precise, the protagonists shadow actually looks like Ishmael's (the bandaged guy) shadow. Ishmael is most probably his subcouncious hallucination - that's real "he". That's why the drug didn't work, that's why the hallucination doesn't help him to get up and that kinda explains all that trippy shit around him. Oh, and both of them are voiced by Keifer.

Ocelot and Kaz are also well aware of "The Perfect Soldier" project - they discussed it with Zero in previous MGS parts.

And let's not forget the strange look of "Big Boss" in this scene. Bandages in blood, uncut and dirty hair and face? After 9 years of coma? Considering every single patient of this hospital being shaved and clean? REALLY?

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And there are much more arguments to it, it's just FUCK, why can't I unsee all this?
You ask us this you fuck? You did the same things for us. We can't unsee your comment now and will think about this.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And waiting for good old sceptics to tell me Kojima doesn't do anything that complicated.
What? Knowing Kojima's resume, I can totally believe he does a thing like that. And I admit, if this is true, it is one of the greatest story twist in videogaming history.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
What? Knowing Kojima's resume, I can totally believe he does a thing like that.
I know that. I'm trying to be ironic here.

Don't know about you, but I'm gonna hope that Gray Fox theory is wrong. Although it sounds great and totally fits, I wanted to see the real Big Boss in game. Not Naked Snake - he is too green. And not old Big Boss from MGS4, but the real one. The Saladin guy. Sigh.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
What? Knowing Kojima's resume, I can totally believe he does a thing like that.
I know that. I'm trying to be ironic here.

Don't know about you, but I'm gonna hope that Gray Fox theory is wrong. Although it sounds great and totally fits, I wanted to see the real Big Boss in game. Not Naked Snake - he is too green. And not old Big Boss from MGS4, but the real one. The Saladin guy. Sigh.
Same here.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Glad to see Konami supports and encourages the niche art of hot glue photo shoots and video recordings.

omega21

Arcane
I can't wait for the (leftist?) tears over the figure, without them realizing anything about the Jap bishoujo figure industry.

All the more laughable because of that elf ear.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://jin115.com/archives/52080348.html
"We will pursue mobile games aggressively," says Konami's new CEO Hayakawa in an interview with Nikkei Trendy Net.

"Our main platform will be mobiles. Following the pay-as-you-play model of games like Power pro and Winning Eleven with additional content, our games must move from selling things like "items" to selling things like "features."

"We saw with these games that even people who buy physical games are motivated to buy extra content. The success of Power pro especially has motivated us to actively push more of our popular series onto mobile than ever before."

"Gaming has spread to a number of platforms, but at the end of the day, the platform that is always closest to us, is mobile. Mobile is where the future of gaming lies."

"We hope that our overseas games such as MGSV and Winning Eleven continue to do well, but we are always thinking about how to push our franchises onto mobile there too."

"With multiplatform games, there's really no point in dividing the market into categories anymore. Mobiles will take on the new role of linking the general public to the gaming world."

Another sucker out of the mad AAA race. At least MGSV can be called a true swan song.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any hopes of a new Suikoden shattered. Well, the hopes were already shattered, but the shattered pieces of hope were shattered even more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom