Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

agris

Arcane
Patron
Then I was remembering right. Note that I always was trying to maximize xp means having at least 1 +xp npc at all times.
I think those NPCs are fairly inconsequential, although I did accidentally have one with me for ~2/3rds of the game due to not being able to dismiss them and not reaching their quest destination (observatory on Menthil coast).

Think about it: the +XP NPC adds 10% XP to kills. Kills are a small fraction of your overall XP. Very conservatively, you could say 50% of your XP comes from quests. So, at end game, about 52,000 of my XP was kills. If that NPC were with us the entire time, they would have contributed about 5,200 additional XP. That's about one level at the end of the game.

I don't see the math making sense, especially when we consider that in reality the XP gained from quests is more like 60-70% of the total.

jackofshadows

Magister
But there's two of them, 10% each. Anyway, it's a small bonus still, like 2 total levels, yeah.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom