Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mike Laidlaw leaves BioWare

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I think designers on big games don't have much influence on the game. The finance people say dumb shit sells, so the boss tells the designers to make more dumb shit. The designers make some dumb shit that smells RPG ish.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I think designers on big games don't have much influence on the game. The finance people say dumb shit sells, so the boss tells the designers to make more dumb shit. The designers make some dumb shit that smells RPG ish.

I don't really think anyone has much control on AAA games; they just march to a predetermined conga line.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Mike was always itching to return to his longtime favorite, Jade Empire. I suppose one can read this as "EA decided to kill Jade 2 for good and establish Dragon Age as a permanent IP", and he simply couldn't take this shit anymore.

Either way, see ya at Beamdog.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I know I'm a bit behind the times in twitter culture, but why is this written on his twitter account: "He/Him. Poly." ?

latest

TMI!

Educated
I don't know anything about this guy. Was he one of the few good people at Bioware or was he retarded like most of the company?

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I know I'm a bit behind the times in twitter culture, but why is this written on his twitter account: "He/Him. Poly." ?

It is a thing in Twitter cuckture to explicitly tell people what pronouns you want to go with. So for example: "He/Him", "She/Her" (rare), "They/Them" (kinda rare), "Fag/Faggot" etc. Apparently "He/Him" is the most common one, so it really is a cuckture going on.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I got to know who Mike Laidlaw was when DA:I was released and the torrent of frustration was hitting the Bioware forums. Laidlaw came in a few times in the beginning to try to calm the waves, but the waves told him to go fuck himself and deliver a Dragon Age "for PC gamers by PC gamers" as promised, so naturally he just stopped interacting with the community.

Laidlaw and Gaider made DA2 what it was and their complete lack of vision/talent made DA:I what it became.

I can't say why Laidlaw is leaving Bioware, he's the kind of man that the company seemed to be tailored for. Sexually confused cuck with questionable talents but all the right opinions.

On the whole this is still *incline* but it makes little difference in the short run. Bioware company culture is still "poly".

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Doesn't even matter who he is as long as him leaving Bioware means that ship is finally sinking and he's jumping off before the poop-water the ship is sinking into flows into his orifices.

After its recent massive failure (Assdromeda), Bioware might very well receive the typical EA treatment.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think Assdromeda was done by a separate studio which was "Bioware" in name only, some EA policy of naming their ARPG-producing studios "Bioware $CITYNAME"

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did Andromeda fail economically too or was it only a shit game? Because they don't understand without the moneys

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom