Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

mindx2's collection is up for sale!!

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
mindx2 Yeah, my father wouldn't be able to afford college for me or my brother because we're in the lower middle, upper working class. The only thing he had comparable to the boxed sets was/is a single Yaesu FT817. That would only sell for $500 at most. And yeah, we were raised the same way, lots of discipline.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Alright, I've included Grotesque, Unkillable Cat and TalesfromtheCrypt to the cRPG fire sale "mailing list." Let me know if you didn't get the PM. If anybody else wants to see what's up for sale, or will be in the next few weeks, just post a request here and I'll add you to the conversation. I'll keep that list updated as games, clue books, etc. sell.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
In spite of being really hard on me growing up, my parents worked their bone off to get me to college in a country where student loan isn't a thing. I might not be able to buy your collection, but kudos for being a great father.
:love:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
mindx2 best of luck to you and yours.

Not bloody likely to afford a single thing on the list, but someday. Someday.

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
mindx2 I'd be interested in getting that list as well.
You've been added. Just scroll down to the updated list to see what's available. I don't have pictures of everything yet (I will eventually) but if it's in the Codex's Top 74 Boxed Edition you can see those photos here at the Codex or if you want to know the condition of any other game on the list just let me know. I think many are in really good condition considering the age of some of these. I also have a bunch of still sealed SSI games.

mondblut

Arcane
Don't do it man! Let your daughters take student loans and slave away half their life to pay them off instead. Keep the loot!

Indeed. By the time she needs to repay the loans, these items would triple in value. OP's grandsons would have made a genuine fortune auctioning them off.

mindx2

Patron
If I understood right, all the games for sale will be posted on ebay at some point? Or the games will be posted on the codex for sale first?
Codexers get first shot as both of us would save money by doing it as a private sell instead of ebay taking their 10% extortion fee.

Don't do it man! Let your daughters take student loans and slave away half their life to pay them off instead. Keep the loot!

Indeed. By the time she needs to repay the loans, these items would triple in value. OP's grandsons would have made a genuine fortune auctioning them off.
But then I don't get that priceless moment when my 18 year old daughter realizes the sacrifice I'm making for her and hugs and kisses me on the cheek and says "I love you, Dad" :love:

Well it's off to do some secure packaging. Don't want these beauties damaged when being handled by the US Post Office.... now where did I put that bubble wrap...

Last edited:

polo

Magister
Oh shit. mindx2 , I salute you. I don't know if I would ever love my hypothetical kids as much as to sell my hypothetical collection. But still, it shows both your love for your daughters, and for RPGs, so I wish your daughters swift enrollments and a very successful education.
What's funny (or sad if you think about it in a certain way) about seven years ago I had a complete Star Wars book, RPG, magazine and comic collection... and I mean complete! Everything that was published from 1976 onward I had a 1st edition/1st printed copy of. All the novels and WEG stuff, just rows of it. I ended up selling that back then to pay $6,000 for my daughter's braces. Paid the whole thing in cash and got an awesome wood stove added to the house. So yeah, I guess I do care about my daughter and the best thing is I can always go back to collecting and find these treasures again. :salute:
Stop harvesting Fists brah.

Nael

Arcane
Can I take a ride in your gold plated Learjet after this is over with?

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
please add me to the convo mindx2 , not sure I have the monies but I feel like I want to be tempted.
Done. :salute:

This is torture - I feel like everyone's getting a free ice cream and nobody thought of me. I will resist, but good luck to you and your daughter, Mindx2. I hope she's studying something with good employment prospects. ;)

mindx2

Patron
please add me to the convo mindx2 , not sure I have the monies but I feel like I want to be tempted.
Done. :salute:

This is torture - I feel like everyone's getting a free ice cream and nobody thought of me. I will resist, but good luck to you and your daughter, Mindx2. I hope she's studying something with good employment prospects. ;)

but I'm easily tempted. :oops:
Added you to the list... :troll:

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
Wow, basically 3 people have bought up almost the entire Ultima collection so far. I still have 1 more buyer with offers on 4 other auctions that I'm not sure if I'm going to accept or counter offer yet. I really didn't expect it to go this fast... and at those prices*.

...not that I'm complaining at all! :lol:

Shame to see such a collection gone, but the cause is just. Best of luck to you and your kids.

Just the one daughter. I'm a firm believer that God only gives you what you can handle.... and I can only HANDle one. Get it...? (bad joke and pun :oops:)

That wasn't bad at all. Actually made me laugh.:lol:

mondblut

Arcane
But then I don't get that priceless moment when my 18 year old daughter realizes the sacrifice I'm making for her and hugs and kisses me on the cheek and says "I love you, Dad" :love:

Then, after one month in the college, she starts calling you "a privileged white cishet shitlord" :lol:

mindx2

Patron

Then, after one month in the college, she starts calling you "a privileged white cishet shitlord" :lol:
We have already had that conversation and I warned her that if she comes home liberal no more college fund!! :rpgcodex:

Mustawd

Tell her to study accounting, so she has ample time to shitpost on the codex.

EDIT: Also, just add my voice to the kudos for doing this on your daughter's behalf. School loans suck. Good luck! :salute:

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
If you would ship to Germany, add we as well. I can't see any of your items on ebay, no matter if signed in or not.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
is the USA's average college tuition is really 50,000-100k?

i am graduating this november, and by rough calculation, my college expenses range from 7,000-8,000 if converted to USD. why do you people let this happen to your country?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was raised the same way thankfully or I would have been some slobbering idiot in a wheelchair cursing a cruel, cruel world. That was not how my parents wanted me to be and pushed me constantly to be better and more than any so-called "disability." My father was a firm believer in discipline as well as my backside showed when I was younger, he had zero sympathy for whining and excuses!! :D I have done my best to raise my daughter the same way. Unfortunately, as far as college costs goes, even though she was in the top 10% of her class she was just not high enough. Her mother and I are also very middle-class in our income so we make too much for the number-crunchers but not enough that college expenses really hurt our bottom line! We fall in that middle limbo area where we make too much but not enough and she's "not dumb enough" but not "smart enough" if that all makes sense.

:negative:
Whenever I read stuff like that I seriously wonder why the USA are not seeing a mass exodus. For those with $$$ it seems to be the paradise, but for everyone else?
The fact that you have to pay for College education alone raises one eyebrow (though that eyebrow is always up, as you have to do that almost everywhere), but that it seems to be so much raises the other two.

i am graduating this november, and by rough calculation, my college expenses range from 7,000-8,000 if converted to USD. why do you people let this happen to your country?
Indeed.

Maybe it is not too late to send your daughter off to some greener pastures. It's just an ocean away, you know ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom