Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Gerrard

Arcane

>17:23
>that terrible landing animation
I will take that as a representation of the quality of the whole game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks like EA forgot the payments.

EA never wanted this to be successful so that they can bury it for good and have DICE make more Battlefields instead.

The first game was also garbage,it was just a ''press space when you see a ledge'' simulator,there was nothing good about it.
Every platformer can be simplified to press the button formula if you look at that way. Mirror's Edge was good because it was a fast flowing parkour game, with unique visuals and nice music.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Game looks godawful. That combat. :lol:
How can you make something this bad and think it's good?

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am seriously surprised that the running and jumping still seems to be actually somewhat challenging. But the open world shit and the way they changed faith and the whole story presentation in general... meeeh.

I love Mirror's Edge tho so I will get it if it's cheap in a year or so I guess

Unwanted

GameGear

Unwanted

Ularg 10 minutes ago
Just think about how ridiculous of a claim that is to say that "Well, there's a female or minority character in this story, IT MUST BE PANDERING"

Just wrap around your head how far we've come where every single creator of art has to worry about what characters they use because someone will claim they are just pandering, even if it's 100% not true.

Nah, forget about the fact that statistically, there's going to be women and minorities in all of these worlds where stories are based in, it has to be pandering. And anyone calling out how ridiculous that is a white knight.

It's like one of those people who think everything is run by the illumnati. Nothing is safe, everyone is corrupted. Look out they own everything, please ignore the substantial lack of evidence and reason, that just means they got to you too.

At the very least, I like you gilgamesh. We may disagree but you aren't that guy screaming dated slurs. You're actually one of the few calm people. So I'll continue to enjoy the blood vessels that other guy must be popping while he writes his daily rant on /r/MGTOW.

I AM THE REASONABLE ONE NOT YOU MGTOW BABBIES

tormund

Arcane
For all of GGGman faults, the more some people whine about him being "nasty to SJWs/Jim Sterling/diversity", worse he becomes in his next video.:lol:

Interesting thing is, as someone else noticed few months ago, these comments about him being "filthy MRA" started appearing en masse only after some SA user posted his review of MoH Underground in their retro FPS thread (in that review he said something like "SJWs would have known that some older shooters had female protagonists if they actually PLAYED games" which of course caused goons to whine).
So, it's easy to guess exactly where those guys in his comment section are coming from.

Game looks godawful. That combat. :lol:
How can you make something this bad and think it's good?
It looks like something straight out of Unity early access game. :lol:
And not only did they think that their melee combat is good enough, they apparently decided to keep locking player into combat arenas where he can't proceed until all enemies are down.

Riskbreaker

Holy shit, that combat looks utterly abysmal. Do love how it feels like she's hitting cheap plastic with cheap plastic.

Lemming42

Arcane
^^^ GGGman's quip about the alleged "forced diversity" was completely stupid, in all fairness.

The game looks pretty boring, it's shocking how most of the graphics and visuals remain almost unchanged from the original game and the combat does indeed look strangely much worse.

The one shining beacon of hope is that they seem to have scrapped the bizarre animated cutscenes from the first game. As much as the attempt at giving the game a cool style (presumably attempting to be in the vein of Max Payne's superb graphic novel cutscenes) is appreciated, they were total shit.

Unwanted

GameGear

Unwanted
^^^ GGGman's quip about the alleged "forced diversity" was completely stupid, in all fairness.

An ugly mannish nigger woman as the leader of a rebellion ISN'T obvious forced diversity?

Shut up, cuck.

pippin

The problems with diversity were pretty strong in the first game too, to the point that the story itself didn't even made sense.
It was the perfect game for the middle/high class college leftist.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

An ugly mannish nigger woman as the leader of a rebellion ISN'T obvious forced diversity?

Shut up, cuck.

To make dystopia work flawlessly, you need to have it run by chicks.

And the chicks need to be run by a patriarchal WASP like Kruger.

:troll:

mastroego

Arcane
Damn, so it's not good?

Would have bought it anyway to support the genre, but I'm not going through Origin.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Saw it on twitch yesterday and figured I'd see it in action for a few minutes. Jesus h Christ on a stick was it ever bland.

The parkour mostly consisted of running in a straight line with occasional jumps. No need for fancy acrobatics. The guidance system from the original is also mangled. On top of the red checkpoints, there is an ugly red splotch every 5 seconds painting the only route you're meant to take to make absolutely sure modern console kids don't get lost.

The missions are uninspired fetch quests, but I'm sure we all saw that coming when they went with an assassin's creed style map. The combat looked dull, but not as dull as the running.

2/10, not even on a steam sale

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So in a sudden shopping mood I bought it despite telling myself to wait until it's cheap in a year or two lol :dance:

But to truly know if it's good or bad I need to buy it on at least another device, like I did with Thi4f :cool:

PS: :cool:

Severian Silk

If u buy two xboxes you can buy two copies of the game and play twice as much.

mastroego

Arcane
So in a sudden shopping mood I bought it despite telling myself to wait until it's cheap in a year or two lol :dance:

But to truly know if it's good or bad I need to buy it on at least another device, like I did with Thi4f :cool:

PS: :cool:
That's how is done, you save regularly and meticulously until all of sudden you give in to the temptation of unsavory expenses :cool:

opium fiend

Augur
The one shining beacon of hope is that they seem to have scrapped the bizarre animated cutscenes from the first game. As much as the attempt at giving the game a cool style (presumably attempting to be in the vein of Max Payne's superb graphic novel cutscenes) is appreciated, they were total shit.

No, the animations were awesome and I'm sorry they caved in to the pressure of the vocal group that hated them. I get that this is a matter of opinion, but they made sense in the original game, which made bland aestethics cool.

Super sorry to hear that the sequel is just bland and not cool.

mastroego

Arcane
:(
well I always have the first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom