Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Missing MCA stick figure drawing in one of our old interviews

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As some of you may know, I've been spending some time revisiting old Codex reviews/interviews and restoring them for the new generation. Fixing broken images, converting from HTML to BBCode, replacing the occasional Unicode garbage symbol, and so forth.

I discovered some Chris Avellone interviews in which the images were hosted not on the Codex, but on ImageShack. Apparently, they were placed there by MCA himself. Over the years, those image links have gone dead. Luckily, I was able to restore nearly all of them via the Internet Archive and upload them to the Codex's own gallery.

All of them, except one: http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=4270

The third image in that interview, with the file name "defender7bc.jpg". Can't find it on the Internet Archive. Avellone doesn't have it either. Neither does Vault Dweller, who originally posted that interview during his reign as editor-in-chief.

So, I'm asking if any of you creeps have it archived. :smug: Because otherwise, it's gone for good.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Chris Avellone said:
if you intend to play any of these games (good luck finding Torment), don't read this unless you love spoilers.
I've got a Torment spoiler right here:

pst_gog_zps1926e90c.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Chris Avellone said:
if you intend to play any of these games (good luck finding Torment), don't read this unless you love spoilers.
I've got a Torment spoiler right here:

pst_gog_zps1926e90c.jpg

GOG was launched in 2008 and only got PS:T in 2010. That interview is from 2006.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
GOG was launched in 2008 and only got PS:T in 2010. That interview is from 2006.
I know, hence the retrospective irony. Being aware of Poe's Law, I considered adding a sentence like "nobody saw GOG coming back in 2006" in the spoiler tag, but couldn't find something I liked.
I know that people misunderstanding you on the Internet can be frustrating, so the temptation to be really detailed and use lots of examples is understandable. He just errs in the direction of tl;dr.
I erred in the other direction, since I think explaining the joke diminishes its effect. Brevity is the soul of wit and all that.

Anyway, I understand how the post can be misconstrued and I'm sorry for this minor derail.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
iirc it was an image with an Avellone and a Gaider stick dude with Avellone "defending" the Codex from Gaiders criticism or something, I don't remember 100% but I think it was just 2 stick dudes arguing

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Using your one yearly post to save an MCA interview. Truly a gentleman and patriot :salute:

Athelas

Arcane
The preservation of these drawings will surely benefit the many future generations to come.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Awesome! Codex lurkers are best lurkers. I had already emailed ImageShack to see if they still had it stored somewhere but I guess that won't be necessary now.

Malcolm

Educated

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom