Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter 4U - Game is out NOW

Hobo Elf

Arcane
With one week more to go before the game is released, Capcom made the previously invite-only demo public. I played a few quick games and there's nothing quite like hunting a Great Jaggi with a team who are lost in some other areas half the time. Anyway, we could get some Codex hunts going if anyone is interested. The two hunts available aren't the most exciting ones, but it's a good chance to brush up those rusty skills for the full release.

Edit: There are three hunts instead of two. The 3rd one only comes up if you choose to play the demo in the Experienced mode. Time to step up, senpai. Why would you even a noob mode?

Update Edit: FREEZE! Put your fat FC's where I can see them! Now that the game is out might as well add some esteemed Codex friends if anyone wants to play online.

My FC: 0962-9949-6556

Let me know if you add me and I'll do the same.

Last edited:

grudgebringer

I'd love to try, but how we will connect in one session, though?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Easily. Someone makes a lobby and then others connect to him via lobby ID code which is shown once the lobby has been made.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'll try/join soon.
I've already beaten all the monsters though.

I still have 2 demo codes if anyone wants one

grudgebringer

I'm currently at work, so can't dive in. I'll try to join later once I'm home near my Wi-Fi spot.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
I've made a lobby, don't know if my internets can quite handle it.

Mode: Experienced (don't be a chump, they're all easy hunts)
Lobby Code: 44-7922-1443-2265
Passcode: 6969

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'll be there in a minute

Edit: I'm in the lobby. Next time specify which monster you created the lobby for. The demo seems to be pretty anal and you have to specify the right difficulty and the right hunt for it to allow you to connect to the lobby, even if you get the ID right.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Nah, just go. The hunts are really fast anyway. If someone wants to join in again they can come on the next one.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
And the Tetsucabra lies defeated.
I almost ran out of time during my solo run, but I was using a weapon I wasn't familiar with.

More? I haven't done the Gore Magala yet.
Sure, just give me the lobby code.

EDIT: and was it me or you who kept knocking the monster over?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
ID 24-0990-6200-1751
pass 1234

I'm really rusty with the Lance but I'm feeling it. Might main it in 4U. Last time I Lanced was in Tri.

Edit: This guy does a ton of damage. Burns through your health with a single hit. New lobby is up. Same monster.

Edit: One more try and I'm taking a break. New lobby is up. Same pass.

Last edited:

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Hahaha, well shit.
I've never used that weapon before, so I guess this result was expected.

EDIT: Whoa, he's way more dangerous than he was in single player.
Maybe it's because the kitties kept him busy

Last edited:

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
They definitely were in 3, so I'd expect that to be the case.

But if anything I'd argue that frog was easier in multiplayer than it was in singleplayer.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Yeah. This guy is a beast though. Gotta be careful with his AoE when he enrages. Lobby is up.

Fuuuu. Well that was close. I'm off for now. Will be back later for more hunting if peeps are interested. Would be fun to get more people.

Last edited:

grudgebringer

Testing that demo. Is anyone up yet?

Seems like I suck at MH. Even on beginner I failed the 1st hunt.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Any other happy hunters out there? Been playing the game nearly non-stop since I went to pick it up in the morning. Loving the game and all the cool changes and improvements.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Any other happy hunters out there? Been playing the game nearly non-stop since I went to pick it up in the morning. Loving the game and all the cool changes and improvements.

Quite of same. I gave it a shot yesterday. Really enjoying it, but i think i will miss some features from MH3. And i'm feeling the starting tutorial a bit heavy, but nothing important, it can be fixed with some minutes more of gameplay. I will play more single player and then i'll try the online.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom