Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Monster Hunter Generations

Perkel

Arcane
monster-hunter-generations-banner-810x300.jpg

MONSTER HUNTER GENERATIONS (CROSS in JP)
----------------------------------------
DEV: CAPCOM
RELEASE DATE: 15th of JULY in US/EU, released in jpn as cross (X)
PLATFORM: 3DS

What is monster hunter ?
- duh !

Ok but what is in it ?
- shitload of monsters to hunt and each of them is different
- the most amount of armor and weapon you will find in any game to create
- git gud type of combat vide Dark Souls just with different focus.
- excellent multi if you want but single is still amazing
~ weapon types to master each having different moveset and each having more than one playstyle

Treat it like game where you dont have nothing between bosses and you only fight bosses and it is hard.

OK i get it. So what is MH Generations ?
- latest and bestest version of mh

What is in it compared to all other mh games or MH4U ?
- highest number of monsters to hunt
- absolute shitload of armor and weapons compared to even MH4U
- 4 hunting styles where 1 of it is how everyone played up until now
- hunting arts. Kind of special abilities that charge as you hit monster
- revised cat system to best form of it
- actually you can play as cat now

Do i need 3ds ?
- yes, if you don't have one you can start to play MH via PPSSPP on PC (best versions are Monster Hunter 3rd or Monster Hunter Freedom Unite). They will work on even toasters

OK how do you know it ?
- i played japanese version for about 20 hours

Why did you make this thread faggot ?
- cause it is good game and 'dex doesn't really know a lot about it.
- this is same kind of sitation as Deamon's Souls on 'dex forums

----------------------------------------
VIDEOS:
Intro

What is monster hunter x/generations ?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Also, just like Demons Souls and Bloodborne, no way in hell am I buying a 3DS just for one game. Especially since playing on a handheld for more than an hour or so kills my neck.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Gross, what's with the notepad font?

Also, just like Demons Souls and Bloodborne, no way in hell am I buying a 3DS just for one game. Especially since playing on a handheld for more than an hour or so kills my neck.
The 3DS has a fair selection of good games to play. Much more so than the PS4 at least. I have to wonder how you're holding the handheld to hurt your neck, usually it's the wrists.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
In my lap or resting my hands on a desk generally. Although yeah, I could try resting my neck and fucking my wrists/arms instead, same difference. Not even close to being worth the trouble, considering I have dozens of satisfying games I currently want to play but lack the time for anyways.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
True. I've had my fill of anything hunter related for quite some time. It's only good with friends.

For me, I'd rather play a game more suited to one person.

Theswweet

Literate
Already played the Japanese release when it launched. Probably going to end up playing the English release as well with a review copy or something.

The game is probably my favorite Monster Hunter yet. One of my major complaints I had for MH4U is that it lacked map variety compared to MHFU, and it fixes it by bringing back all my favorite maps from MHFU! Good stuff.

Perkel

Arcane

Do it like me. Buy used 3DS. It is cheap as fuck and hack it (ah9loader) and not only you will be able to play it but you will have best emulator for almost all Nintendo handhelds. NES, SNES, GBA, DS and 3DS games. Definetely go for n3DS used and don't listen to people saying original is way to go (it is garbage for emulation of nes and other stuff)

Aside from GBA console has native emulator of NES and SNES and hardware to play DS games.

Hacked 3DS is even better than PSP CFW as it allows for everything including online gaming.

These MH games are so fucking ugly on the 3DS.

MHFU had better visuals on the PSP.

Definetely not true. It really looks good on 3DS screen. And i was in "looks like shit" camp before buying used 3DS.
Small screen in handheld is why it works.

I played ton of MH3rd on ppsspp

The game is probably my favorite Monster Hunter yet. One of my major complaints I had for MH4U is that it lacked map variety compared to MHFU, and it fixes it by bringing back all my favorite maps from MHFU! Good stuff.

Why i think personally MHGenerations is best version of MH formula:

- hunting styles. They change everything. You have essentially now 4 different styles of play per weapon instead of 1. Some weapons which were not fun and clunkly to play like Dual swords now are extreamly fun to play coupled with aerial style. If you count how each weapon has its own few techniques to play then you have something like 4 * 14 * 1~3 ways to play with your weapons.
- fixed cats helpers. They actually now are real help first time in series. And you can create various builds of them which is amazing imo change
- absolute shitton of quests. It is like 2-3 more quests than in MH4U.
- mentioned by you variety of locales
- they essentially took each and every armor and weapon from any MH game and they added new ones. MH4U feels like small game comapred to MHgen
- superior Konoha village i can use as my base of operations.
- biggest amount of monsters in mh game and each old and new is on mh4u level of movest and interaction.

Last edited:

Martius

Liturgist
Do it like me. Buy used 3DS. It is cheap as fuck and hack it (ah9loader) and not only you will be able to play it but you will have best emulator for almost all Nintendo handhelds. NES, SNES, GBA, DS and 3DS games. Definetely go for n3DS used and don't listen to people saying original is way to go (it is garbage for emulation of nes and other stuff).
There is also 2ds although I have no idea if it will be cheaper than used 3ds.

All that stuff about Generations sounds great. There is already a lot of content and weapons in 4U. I have no idea how Capcom managed to add even more stuff.

Perkel

Arcane
Do it like me. Buy used 3DS. It is cheap as fuck and hack it (ah9loader) and not only you will be able to play it but you will have best emulator for almost all Nintendo handhelds. NES, SNES, GBA, DS and 3DS games. Definetely go for n3DS used and don't listen to people saying original is way to go (it is garbage for emulation of nes and other stuff).
There is also 2ds although I have no idea if it will be cheaper than used 3ds.

All that stuff about Generations sounds great. There is already a lot of content and weapons in 4U. I have no idea how Capcom managed to add even more stuff.

Duuude it is like going from non Ultimate version to Ultimate version.
Frankly speaking MHgenerations feels more like MH5 than anything else.

Hunting styles is biggest change in MH formula since start of the game. It makes some weapons to play completely differently. Aearial + dual swords is joy to play. Cats work properly now and you can actually make strategies with them unlike any other mh games. You can now give them proper skills now and customize them so you can make for example proper fighter cat or proper trapper.

Only really shitty thing in it is worse a bit performance than MH4U and monsters introductions which are the worst in whole series (especially compared to MH4U).

Theswweet

Literate
Why i think personally MHGenerations is best version of MH formula:

- hunting styles. They change everything. You have essentially now 4 different styles of play per weapon instead of 1. Some weapons which were not fun and clunkly to play like Dual swords now are extreamly fun to play coupled with aerial style. If you count how each weapon has its own few techniques to play then you have something like 4 * 14 * 1~3 ways to play with your weapons.
- fixed cats helpers. They actually now are real help first time in series. And you can create various builds of them which is amazing imo change
- absolute shitton of quests. It is like 2-3 more quests than in MH4U.
- mentioned by you variety of locales
- they essentially took each and every armor and weapon from any MH game and they added new ones. MH4U feels like small game comapred to MHgen
- superior Konoha village i can use as my base of operations.
- biggest amount of monsters in mh game and each old and new is on mh4u level of movest and interaction.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong - almost everything else is fantastic too. Raizex, Tamamitsune and Dinovaldo (don't remember their English names and honestly I don't care) are all really fun to fight, and some hunting styles are just fantastic to play. I really, really hope that Hunting Arts/Hunting Styles return for the next game.

Still no Barioth in MHGen but at least Nargacuga is in.. :negative:

Barioth's whole shtick is centered around the Gen III Tundra, so I'm honestly not surprised he hasn't returned yet. Maybe we'll see him in MH5?

Perkel

Arcane
I don't see how they wouldn't feature hunting styles in new MH games past that version.

I think Capcom failed a bit in marketing. MH Gen isn't spinoff. It is just next full mh game vide MH4 or MH4U

Theswweet

Literate
I don't see how they wouldn't feature hunting styles in new MH games past that version.

I think Capcom failed a bit in marketing. MH Gen isn't spinoff. It is just next full mh game vide MH4 or MH4U

...It is a spin-off, though. Just like MHP3rd, it's an in-between title that they're using to decide where to take the series next. Hell, it's even got the same director as Portable 3rd. It's the next "full MH" game, but even Capcom themselves only consider numbered entries mainline; even stuff like MH4U is considered a "spin-off" in their eyes.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Barioth's whole shtick is centered around the Gen III Tundra, so I'm honestly not surprised he hasn't returned yet. Maybe we'll see him in MH5?

But there's two snow/ice areas in MHGen so they could've easily put Barioth in either one. Besides, they're adding the Deserted Island and Lagi from MH3 so it's not like there was anything holding them back. Crapcum is just doing this on purpose.
57117b4f4b559.jpg

Last edited:

Theswweet

Literate

But there's two snow/ice areas in MHGen so they could've easily put Barioth in either one. Besides, they're adding the Deserted Island and Lagi from MH3 so it's not like there was anything holding them back. Crapcum is just doing this on purpose.
57117b4f4b559.jpg

A lot of what makes Barioth, Barioth is centered around the geometry of the Gen 3 Tundra. If they ever want to re-add him they'll have to either make another Arctic area with geometry that could fit his moveset, or they'll have to flat-out re-add Gen 3's Tundra.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom