Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Monster Hunter Generations

Perkel

Arcane
Monster Hunter Generations just launched on eShop. Online now works properly.

BTW Hobo Elf

add my friends code to your friends list (and anyone who want to play on dex) i have yours but you didn't add me apparently.

Emmanuel2

2122-9736-5529

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Nintendo is inept when it comes to online services. At least they aren't charging for theirs, yet. And maybe UNICEF will consider sending me food instead of the hungry negroes in Africa. I need to hunt monsters and I have no time to make food myself.

Perkel

Arcane
senpain noticed gajinhunter

eoJRP86.jpg

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Going back to my main man, the Lance. SnS just ain't working out for me in MHGen for some reason. Everything that could go wrong, is going wrong. I keep fumbling the Arts, getting monster breaks and cuts seems impossible, and the SnS weapons I've gotten so far are very weak. I can't remember when was the last time when the SnS weapons were this bad. Getting a non-crap SnS with decent sharpness seems to be an impossible dream this early on. Perhaps I'll retry the weapon once I've gotten access to better weapons.

Perkel

Arcane
Do you use items ? Because that is important part of SnS as SnS allows for use of items without sheeting weapon (R+y)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Of course I use items. That's the reason I picked up SnS in the first place way beck when, because I wasn't using items so often and I wanted to use them more. SnS just ain't cutting the chops in Gen though. Not for me 'least.

Perkel

Arcane
I thought clearing all multiplayer 1 star quests will be pain in ass but i got into really good group without overpower players cleared almost all of them (including gathering ones) in about hour.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I made a mixed set with Attack Up L and gave the hammer a try. So far it's really fun. Great Arts that are very powerful and hard to fumble. Adept and Guild style seem to be very strong picks as well. I like the move set for guild more, but Hammer has imo one of the best Adept styles. I just need to get used to the range. It's deceptively short since I'm used to weapons that move forward when you attack. Could this be my MHGen weaponfu? Could be.

Perkel

Arcane
Striker style gunlance is fucking great. You get dragon breath which loads pretty fast along with wyverfire and shell dash which you can finish with spending all shells at once after one hard overhead hit which can stun monsters.

HR 2 already and some of the 4star village quests done. Stll rocking Fashion hunter style with no skills

Hobo Elf

Arcane
My special tactic to bait the Velocidrome into pinning me so you can wyvernfire them was a great success. Y-yes, it was my plan all along.

Perkel

Arcane
I did little upgrade to my 3ds today. I wish i could do the same for left analog because it works so fucking well:

WpSgnBp.jpg

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
What was the point of adding other armor sets if they were going to give one set Attack Up (L), HGE, Weakness Exploit (now fixed from how shitty it was in 4U) and Windproof (Hi). Fuck this game just infuriates me in every way possible.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It won't make the poor display of Capcom's ineptitude at any balance go away. Besides, Gen is filled to the brim with other problems, this is just one of the many.

Emmanuel2

Savant
Got my Hayabusa Feather and reached HR 45 at the 80th hour mark, now I got 2 max hellblade weapons (Lance and SnS), a level 8 silverwind set and most of the hunter arts unlocked. Now trying to farm dreadking and finding a +6 Sharpness OOO charm for the mixed JP TA set which has WE, Crit Boost, Razor Sharp and Crit Eye+2.

Switched from Adept LS to Striker Lance/SnS because I found adept/aerial in general becoming a crutch and can't be relied on in the higher deviant levels if going for sub 10-minute runs. The SnS weapons aren't bad nor are they top tier however it is certainly the most versatile weapon and one of the best SnS is pretty awesome.

Avoided online multiplayer since I heard people were mostly wearing BuJaBuJaBu set at LR and just key rushing so I just duo'd everything with my brother without palicoes (we didn't bother to use them outside of prowler and traders) however I am curious as to whether or not online randoms are competent at HR 60+.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Was anyone else disappointed with the flagship monsters? Glavenus has that cool animation where he bites his tail-blade and produces a fiery swipe, but otherwise he's just Delijho 2.0. Gammoth is a literal Popodrome and I have no idea what the fuck to make out of Mizutsune since I've yet to taken any damage from him. Astalos is the only OK one out of the bunch but not very memorable. Jurassic Frontier is also one of the worst maps I've played. Pretty much all the new stuff they added in Gen has been really disappointing to me.

Perkel

Arcane
i like Glave, astalos is just another wyvern just with different element, mizune is cool looking but didn't get hit even once (gunlance op). Gamoth is joke.
Still i think there are deviant versions of them to play so they may be a bit harder.
I think MHG and really MH since MHF problem is that it is too easy early on.

Finished all quests in village sans 3 in 6 star and so far hardest monster there was S. Megala. Rathalos was especially weak compared to earlier versions which was bit of a shame.

Once i get to high rank maybe situation will improve.

Emmanuel2

Savant
Village Quests 1-6 are all in Low Rank with the exception of the Advanced ones so assume that most of them will be easy especially with the AuL mixed set though I might be wrong since I never tried the BuJaBuJaBu set that everyone's raving about. Thankfully, you only need the non-advanced/non-prowlers ones to get the advanced quest for unlocking the Hayabusa Feather.

As for the flagship monsters: I was pretty disappointed with Astalos being too easy as he couldn't get more than 2 hits, Gammoth with its initial oh shit moments since he's pretty big but otherwise pretty disappointing as well, Mizu is adorable but boring and easy, and Glavenus is easily my favorite among them but I'd have to argue that he's not really Deviljho 2.0. Most of those issues are fixed in the High Rank and even moreso with the hyper versions, an agile Mizu taking 3/4 HP from 150? Gammoth potentially one hitting hunters? A faster glavenus? Yes please!

Tier 9-10 deviants are pretty much comparable to 140 Apex GQs and found them much harder/relies much less on gimmicks especially when soloing. You can still get away with a small (around 10) amount HP from a good hit when you have around 400-450 Def and still get wombo combo's after. The deviants are much much funner but sadly only Glavenus has a deviant version among the current flagship monsters.

The Hellblade Glavenus is pretty much hell for the unprepared. After the first 360 he prepares another one with the second one being able to hit twice which makes skills that negate one attack (Enraged Guard, Critical Juncture) virtually useless and an instant cart. Explosions with every tail swipe that can potentially take 3/4 of 150 HP even with 350-400 def that also inflicts fireblight. Blastblight with every bite along with spawning powder clouds. Even Hyper Glavenus feels boring and slow when fighting a low-tier Hellblade.

Overall with the exception of Jurassic Frontier, I'm loving MHGen changes/additions and even though I found the game much easier than previous iterations (started in FU) this is probably from the garnered experience. Vastly preferring this over MH4U and MHFU now as my playtime rises.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm crawling at a snails pace and currently at HR7. One more rank to force my way through and I can go back to having fun in 3U. Everything about this game feels wrong to me. It's kinda sad since I was looking forward to it since it was announced, but somehow it's not connecting with me. I guess I just hate 1st and 2nd gen monsters too much. But I also am starting to loathe the online community. Finding a decent group seems all but impossible now. Playing online used to mean something, it used to be about comradery and making sure that everyone came out with what they needed. Now it feels almost impossible to find 3 non-assholes to do hunts, non-keys or, god forbid, urgents, so I just solo them. I blame the lack of an arm wrestling barrel.

Perkel

Arcane
haha i was complaining about village quests...
started one advanced 6 star quest and i get one shoted in same armor i had no trouble with fated 4.

idk prolly need something like 400 armor to even get some footing. I am @ 180 with my armor

yup just tried other advanced village quest and i got to fight with rathalos and he obliterated me. Now this is the rathalos i remember from earlier games !

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Finally killed Nakarkos. I'm freeeeeeeeeeeee. Over all that was a p. weird boss fight. Felt like something straight outta Phantasy Star Online.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom