Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Monster Hunter: World - pre-release thread

Perkel

Arcane
This is much better trailer. HAve extra scenes and it is better cut:

Mozg

Arcane
Holy shit so much salt from Nintendo fanboys everywhere.

Is that the genuine reason for all the pissiness? I thought maybe it was like a Fallout 3 thing where I'm playing the role of some guy that never played Fallout before and they're playing the NMA role.

Perkel

Arcane
Holy shit so much salt from Nintendo fanboys everywhere.

Is that the genuine reason for all the pissiness? I thought maybe it was like a Fallout 3 thing where I'm playing the role of some guy that never played Fallout before and they're playing the NMA role.

yes.

If this is what Capcom is doing and gives the Switch nothing then they can F themselves. Period. A port of damn expansion game from the 3DS isn't a equal offering and not on the same level. It's Monster Hunter 5 or Capcom can gtfo.

A lot of nintendo fanboys thought MH is their exclusive system seller.

This is made by main director of MH series and team that created each mainline game. They don't call it MH5 probably because they don't want people to get scared thinking "i need to play mh1-4 first ?"

Perkel

Arcane
shame.... underwater is used only for traversing not combat

b5AVIizsSCC1j3irJ3FTXQ.png

Perkel

Arcane
maybe instead there will be ways to lure out monsters etc. So underwater you are without ability to fight back etc.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I don't see any of that westernization happening here that some people are worried about. Looks like good old Monster Hunter to me. Gonna buy it for the PS4 and then the PC.

sullynathan

Arcane
did previous monster hunters have monsters like rathalos and trex fighting each other? didn't remember than in mh1 or portable 3rd.

Perkel

Arcane
did previous monster hunters have monsters like rathalos and trex fighting each other? didn't remember than in mh1 or portable 3rd.

Something like this was only in cinematic trailers. Which is why i am hyped about this. This game seems to be more about hunt than just monster bashing.
So not only you will be able to use environment to fight with monsters now but also use other monsters as bait/yourfighter.

Other change that is huge is that monsters now will chase you. This is something that i always felt was garbage point of MH games.
You have this fierce monster you need to sharpen your sword, take potion etc. Just move to another location do everything and monster will wait for you patiently. Which can also mean that monsters are way stronger than it used to and you actually need to lure them out from their confort zone and wear them down before starting attacking them with your main weapon.

Glad it's coming to PC. Can't wait for SweetFX to fix those washed out colors tho.

What is wrong with colors ? Just turn saturation up on TV/monitor/gpusoftware to your liking.
MH4U was vibrant and this was also one of complaining points. You can't please everybody.

And yes it is amazing that it finally comes to PC in non retarded way. IT will sell truckloads on PC like Dark Souls.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I know what pic you're going to post, but you failed to do it.

Z3IuWJm.png

24-hour crisis lines are all currently on hold as Nintendo fanboys reach their phones in anguish and grief.

Machocruz

Arcane
Gaem of show so far.

As far as the color issue: I read in a book on classical painting that small paintings could get away with being more colorful, while large altar pieces and frescoes were better off with more subdued color, with richer color in limited, key areas. Something about eye fatigue or color harmony at different scales. So being that MHW is meant for larger displays than MH4U, maybe it's wise that there are more neutrals.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks cool, always wanted to try one of these, guess I will.

Is there character creation or anything?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Looks cool, always wanted to try one of these, guess I will.

Is there character creation or anything?

Just crafting weapons and armor and getting skills from your armor. No levels or anything, Monster Hunter is not an RPG.
Okay but at least character customization then?

You can pick a pompadour or afro hair style when you make your character, if that's what you're asking.

Mozg

Arcane
There's a rudimentary character creator (as in like sex, face, hairstyle, etc) in old MH. Hopefully they use the Dragon's Dogma model this time so you can make everything from an 8 year old to a granny to a horrible dwarf monster.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The biggest choice you can make in char gen is picking a male or female since they have different looking armor depending on your gender, otherwise it doesn't matter since you're going to be covered from head to toe in armor and wont see the smirky face you picked for your character.

Anyway, I can't wait for the PC release. I'm planning on going with SnS so I can support the fuck out of new players with items. Probably will go Lance or Hammer for the PS4 release, however. Or Switch Axe, I haven't used one seriously since Tri.

Martius

Liturgist
guns? no blood? wtf is this shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
I dont think light or heavy bowguns are that fast but these ranged weapons are not new in series.

Well, for me its strange surprise. I thought Capcom will keep pumping out Monster Hunter for switch. Finally game on big screen and something more comfortable sounds great after 3ds games (specially since its coming to pc too) but I wonder how all of new features will come together. Few last games were more of slow evolution, World on the other hand will be probably revolution.

Vorark

Erudite
I think most important of all is that MH is finally free of PS2 era assets. Only took them 13 years. It's like Persona 5 being on PS4 -- newer assets to develop a proper SMT5.

Will be a :d1p: whenever it hits PC.

Perkel

Arcane
Hopefully they will go away with blademaster/gunner lock. It is pretty fucking annoying that i can't use cool looking armor because WELL IT IS FOR GUNNERS OK ? YOU KNOW LIKE DIFFERENT SKILLS AND HALF ARMOR !

I know ! I don't care i just want blue gunner Tetsucabra armor for my dude.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I wouldn't be opposed to a transmog system.

All my characters in MH games end up looking like garbage end-game because of all the mixed sets I would make.

waterdeep

Learned
What a fucking disappointment, they sold out to the western casuals this time. I saw no core Monster Hunter elements in this shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom