Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Monster Hunter: World - pre-release thread

sullynathan

Arcane
I'm more interested in how loot is handled this time. I really hate how in the previous games, you could kill a 50 feet monster and barely get enough materials to make 1 suit of armor

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I'm more interested in how loot is handled this time. I really hate how in the previous games, you could kill a 50 feet monster and barely get enough materials to make 1 suit of armor

That's the only thing adding real length to the series in its current form. Drop rates have always been used for artificially increasing game length, and I don't see this changing much unless they had other incentives to continue farming monsters other than building sets. Would be interesting if they added a housing/furniture system.

sullynathan

Arcane

That's the only thing adding real length to the series in its current form. Drop rates have always been used for artificially increasing game length, and I don't see this changing much unless they had other incentives to continue farming monsters other than building sets. Would be interesting if they added a housing/furniture system.
I'd prefer if they completely removed the drop rates and all that shit.

They already give the game length by having good combat and a large repertoire of monsters

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
RlOd7xu.jpg

It's almost like Capcom is trying to start a shitstorm lol

hYWNrws.png

Last edited:

Cloud_Tifa

Barely Literate
I dont really know by making Monhun become more open its good or not. They said that they are going to sacrifice the mission based on this game, but we need more detail about it for now.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.glixel.com/interviews/monster-hunter-world-leads-answer-all-the-big-questions-w488101

How do you view the relationship between Monster Hunter: World and the other Monster Hunter games? Is this a spinoff, or a main title?

Ryozo Tsujimoto: This is the next main Monster Hunter game. Our Osaka team is working on it. We've brought in some people who are more familiar with next-gen technology to come in and help us adapt it for the current generation of consoles. When you have a series that runs into the higher numbers, I think the numbers themselves start to become off-putting. New players might think, "Oh, I've missed four games already, I can't possibly join at this point." Just because we've taken the number off the title doesn't mean it's not a main Monster Hunter game. We just wanted to have "world" in the title because it speaks to the concept of the game in a variety of ways. This is the first simultaneous worldwide release for the game, and the servers are global this time.

This is the first time that a Monster Hunter game has come to PC. Do you expect that to present its own set of challenges?

Tsujimoto: Well, the PC version is coming out a little later than the console versions. We really want to make sure that we take time to optimize the PC experience. It's certainly true that the core Monster Hunter team in Osaka hasn't made that many PC games before, but overall, we're willing to put in the time that it takes to give everybody a great experience.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
and the servers are global this time.

The Nippons have no idea what they have just unleashed on the world. Now the rest of the world will get to feel what we Europeans have felt when forced to hunt with the French.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I, for one, welcome our old Chinese griefers on Steam.

(Seriously though, they likely block Chinese players because of Monster Hunter Online by Tencent.)

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
That's an impressive way to spin 'We're getting paid an assload of money to keep things console exclusive for a while.'

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Holy fuck I have waited all my life for a monster hunter on PC. After spending the last 10 years having cynicism and hate for what video games have become I can't believe that actually good things are happening.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Something like this was only in cinematic trailers. Which is why i am hyped about this. This game seems to be more about hunt than just monster bashing.
So not only you will be able to use environment to fight with monsters now but also use other monsters as bait/yourfighter.

Other change that is huge is that monsters now will chase you. This is something that i always felt was garbage point of MH games.
You have this fierce monster you need to sharpen your sword, take potion etc. Just move to another location do everything and monster will wait for you patiently. Which can also mean that monsters are way stronger than it used to and you actually need to lure them out from their confort zone and wear them down before starting attacking them with your main weapon.

What is wrong with colors ? Just turn saturation up on TV/monitor/gpusoftware to your liking.
MH4U was vibrant and this was also one of complaining points. You can't please everybody.

And yes it is amazing that it finally comes to PC in non retarded way. IT will sell truckloads on PC like Dark Souls.

Akchually, monsters did fight each other in game. The most vivid memory for me was Mark of a Hero in MH3U. When I got the Rath between me and the Brach, the Brach did a jump pound at me and hit the Rath out of the air, and the Rath turned around and charged at the Brach.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I don't think they were programmed to fight each other, more like they could accidentally hurt each other during crossfire when they're in the same zone. But I could be wrong.

Hyperion

Arcane
The Nippons have no idea what they have just unleashed on the world. Now the rest of the world will get to feel what we Europeans have felt when forced to hunt with the French.

I might take you up on a 1:1 trade of Brazilians for the French.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Arcane
You've also got to be a special level of retard to play Monster Hunter, which is more or less a JRPG, and not own / plan to own a ps4 with its already stellar JRPG lineup.

Or worse, a poorfag.

Perkel

Arcane
So i posted on reddit that it would be cool especially on PC because even without official support from dev people can mod in VR. And some dude answered me:

I've got VR Monster Hunter at home, but it involves a Mega Demondrug, strapping a Bad Dragon dildo into my girlfriend, and some really weird reverse mount mechanics.

:M:M:M

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm really excited for this having a PC version - The last MonHun I played was Freedom Unite on the PSP. I don't have any consoles so I couldn't play the later installments.

I hope it won't diverge too drastically from the "Normal" series.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I'm just happy that I won't have to deal with the dogshit nintendo controls anymore and I'll be able to see the game on a screen larger than a postage stamp.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom