Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Gotta say I'm not having fun with this game. I've been playing Generations Ultimate a lot more tbh. The variety in that game is insane.

Someone call me when it can run higher than 30 FPS, has a proper, configurable control scheme, and also

bing.gif

mogwaimon

Magister
I fucking hate that the Switch became associated with soyboys because of that one picture. I may be a developmentally-challenged manchild but I'd rather be thought of as that than an effeminate lefty faggot

Sheepherder

Augur
I've picked up the longsword. Holy shit, it's good! I dunno if it's OP and I suck or if I've gotten better at this, but I've been killing shit easy peasy now.
Tried the dual blades too, as they reminded me of the daggers from Dragon's Dogma, but without being able to position myself on top of some monster's asshole and shredding it, they're not the same.

mogwaimon

Magister
LS was a beginner friendly weapon that was put in back in MH2/MHF2, so if you've been working with weapons that are less intuitive that may account for your improvement. They are also actually quite good, being near top-tier in almost every iteration of the series, I think, or at the very least upper tier. Kinda like HBG or CB, where they both place pretty high if not top of the tiers.

I also experience similar gaps of skill any time I play lance or CB for a while and go back to LS, it just clicks more for me than any other weapon. Though I may give sword and shield a try, arena grinding for my Divine Slasher gave me an appreciation for the new SnS.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
I fucking hate that the Switch became associated with soyboys because of that one picture. I may be a developmentally-challenged manchild but I'd rather be thought of as that than an effeminate lefty faggot
It's as they say: All effeminate lefty faggots are developmentally-challenged manchildren, but not all developmentally-challenged manchildren are effeminate lefty faggots.

The Autumn Harvest Festival starts October 4th/5th for the PC (Kulve Taroth is just around the corner):

http://monsterhunterworld.com/pc/us/topics/festival/
http://game.capcom.com/world/steam/us/schedule.html

Unfortunately, the Tokyo Game Show didn't unveil any major content updates last week. Among the minor updates given, consoles will soon receive event quests for Arch-Tempered Lunastra and Arch-Tempered Zorah Magdaros (lol), as well as another Horizon Zero Dawn event quest for the PS4 (dual tempered Deviljho).

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Too late, Monster Hunter lost me. It was a great run and I ended beating a bunch of tempered monsters, but the trickle isn't enough for me. :negative:

It's not just the one picture, rest assured.

mogwaimon

Magister
Too late, Monster Hunter lost me. It was a great run and I ended beating a bunch of tempered monsters, but the trickle isn't enough for me. :negative:

It's not just the one picture, rest assured.

I was almost That Guy when I was on a plane a few weeks ago but I decided I didn't want to be an autist in public and just read a book instead. Still, isn't this photo the one that started it all?

1517409736889.jpg

Anyways on the MH topic, I'm in the same boat as Blaine. It's bad enough waiting for more monsters on the console version, nevermind waiting for PC to get to parity with the consoles, so I've put the game down for now and am working on Dragon Quest XI, which is a fine game but not exactly the same genre as MH

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
this game (and series) aint meant for marathoned imo.

i have been playing since release, maybe 3/4 days in a week doing 2 to 3 quest / session while waiting for more content to trickle, i feel fine. so yeah, short burst play with 1/2 days break i am gonna play this for months

The Decline

Arcane

i have been playing since release, maybe 3/4 days in a week doing 2 to 3 quest / session while waiting for more content to trickle, i feel fine. so yeah, short burst play with 1/2 days break i am gonna play this for months

This is what I've been doing. I have yet to even finish all the story quests.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Fuck that. I'd been away from Monster Hunter for a long damn time. That'd be like getting into a romantic relationship after a months-long dry spell and then telling her we need to take it real slow and traditional-like.

Perkel

Arcane
Shawn Layden Confirms There Are No Plans for PlayStation Experience 2018

Which means no G-expansion news this year. Probably E32019.
Either way no ps experience this year also means that chance of e3 2019 having next gen consoles also increased.

Vorark

Erudite
Which means no G-expansion news this year. Probably E32019.

Yeah, shame about it 'cause the game is in dire need of more monsters and areas. Would be great to see Tigrex showing up in a snow zone. :bounce:

Anyway, we should get MH related news after DMC5 is out of the way. By then, it'll be 2019 and right on time for a new MH entry, considering it's an annual series in Japan.

Perkel

Arcane
Well if there is no G-expansion news this year then clearly they will not release G-expansion at start of next year.

It is reasonable to assume that if they will wait till E3 2019 then there is good chance MHW2 will be announced instead of MHW Ultimate with release either fall2019 or january-march 2020.

The Decline

Arcane

This is what I've been doing. I have yet to even finish all the story quests.

That didn't take long, Xeno'jiiva went down like a little bitch.

Vorark

Erudite
It goes beyond the ugliness, she's fucking Navi 2.0.

derpina.jpg

Hello, partner, have you come seeking the light?

Anyway, I've finally had time to sink into the game, reached the second zone. I'm liking it a bit better than 4U since the two maps I've seen so far aren't cancer and the slanted terrain is actually useful to launch aerial attacks instead of being a mere nuisance.

I'm digging the way the Charge Blade keeps the energy stored in the shield even after delivering a super amped element discharge, it was annoying when you missed a hit and depleted the whole thing. Speaking of charges, don't remember being able to power up the sword in SnS mode although it doesn't seem very useful...

Does anyone else get annoyed by these scoutflies? Even when you've got nothing marked in your map, they keep flying to the nearest resource spot, can't even appreciate the maps. Found a mod on the Nexus to disable 'em but it contains a dll file and I'm always wary of these.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
But vanilla has more personality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom