Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Monster Hunter: World - pre-release thread

Perkel

Arcane
Thanks a lot, man. I'm super hype for this.

btw, I understand you can now use potions while moving - but do you at least get limited to walking instead of running?

You can run while drinking but not sprint.

It sound bad but it isn't. Monsters now are super agressive compared to earlier MH games and without moving frankly potions would be most of the time useless.

Also unlike before health is restored gradualy as you drink potion. So if small monster will hit you in that time or something else, like scream, shockwave etc. POTION IS LOST.

Like i mentioned above with my friend we tried to hunt Diablos. Half of my potions were lost because bitch loves to roar. So not only Diablos enraged loved to string 2-3 charges at me while i am running for lie trying to find place to heal myself safely but also he can scream and make me lose potion.

It is super necesary especially when you get monster enraged. Because unlike before you can't just move to different area and heal. Monster will run after you and monsters are bigger and faster than you so running while drinking potion makes a lot sense here.
You also can't use verticallity like in MH4 where you could just move onto ledge and for 10-20 seconds monster would try to get good position and then climb up. This time they don't fuck around and they just jump onto something or climb almost instantly.
Barroth charges especially are good show to that. If you climb a medium sized rock Barioth will just continue charge on that rock and pummel you like nothing.

IMO BETA also isn't good way to see if something works or not. In BETA you have OP gear and aside from Diablos and Rathalos monsters barely hit you. So you do not need to heal a lot because monsters do almost no damage and weapons you use do so much damage that most of the time normal monsters are either staggered or just lie on ground.

My biggest fear going into this was bowguns change. Thankfully it doesn't feel like shooter with those weapons.

Last edited:

Vorark

Erudite
Eiaha.gif

Thanks a lot, Perkel! Sounds fucking AMAZING. HYPE!!

Btw, how is the hammer?

sullynathan

Arcane
Since I might not play the beta, thanks Perkel for the impressions. Sounds like they made improvements from the shit I've been complaining about.

Perkel

Arcane
Rathalos is fucking amazing in MHW.

IN all other MH games he was fucking piece of cake. Now fucker NON STOP is flying. He almost never stays on ground.

Fucker also is hunting you down like nothing. I mean it can use that claw attack now from mile away, then some scratches after that and then fireball and then back up and watch you squirm on the ground trying to heal and take antidote.

I almost never carted in all other MH games fighting Rathalos but here i cart frequently because how relentless fucker is.

Also monsters no longer prepare moves on two. I earlier games monsters usually after each move turned around in two steps. First , second and then attack. Now they don't they just turn or attack with some back attack.

Rathalos swinging his tail also doesn't work at 2 anymore. He does it once and usually after it it again goes to sky.

Perkel

Arcane
I take it back about lance not changing much. New lance moves are fucking amazing:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
That looks really awesome. Though I am a bit concerned about how frequent the mounting thing is. It seems like it'd be cool the first few times but become a pretty stale QTE relatively quickly.

Perkel

Arcane
That looks really awesome. Though I am a bit concerned about how frequent the mounting thing is. It seems like it'd be cool the first few times but become a pretty stale QTE relatively quickly.

Mounting works similar to MH4U.

1st time it is fairly easy to mount monster and unlike MH4 you need to actually be above monster and hit him compared to mh4 be just in air and hit monster.
With each mounting it is harder and harder to mount monster.

So if you want to actually mount monsters a lot (which could be helpful a lot for monsters like Rathalos) you need to invest in skill and even with that skill you won't be mounting it all the time.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Good to know. Though I think you're wrong about the being above it thing, the guy in that lance video was just doing a jump attack at Barroth's face and sticking it each time.

Perkel

Arcane
Good to know. Though I think you're wrong about the being above it thing, the guy in that lance video was just doing a jump attack at Barroth's face and sticking it each time.

Nah i played extensively beta Now something like 20 hours. Usually to get on top of monster you need to actually jump on top of part you hit. Obviously since nothing is perfect you sometimes get on mosters like in those videos.

Secondly what i said about mouting is true. Just like traps, flashes etc. monster build up significant resistance to it. It require significant amount of tries later in hunt to mount monster again and this is all wasted time you could just fight normally.

Ivan

Arcane
I know nothing about MH, keeping that way, and :takemymoney: on Day 1. Hope will be as pleasant a surprise as Dragon's Dogma was/

Kitchen Utensil

I know nothing about MH, keeping that way, and :takemymoney: on Day 1. Hope will be as pleasant a surprise as Dragon's Dogma was/

Same here.
From what I've seen of MHW I'm pretty sure it won't hold my attention for as long as DD did though.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
what's a good MH to play first if you've never played any of them? or should I just wait for this one to come out instead?

Perkel

Arcane
what's a good MH to play first if you've never played any of them? or should I just wait for this one to come out instead?

Wait for MHW to come out. Each new game usually is better than the last.
Especially now that they move from PSP level graphic to proper one now.

It will be out 26 on PS4/Xbox and at later date on PC but we can assume something like half a year later.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
4U on 3DS, since it still has a lot of players and none of the over-the-top weeb Generations stuff.
3U on the Wii U if you want actually good graphics/resolution but dunno how the population is (plus you have to deal with underwater fights).

There's also a lot of PC players on Portable 3rd with English+HD patch using the PPSSPP emulator.

Might as well wait if you're grabbing it on XBONE/PS4 though.

Perkel

Arcane
I've played beta of MHW extensively and if he didn't yet play MH game then he should wait for MHW. It is that good.

There is no point going back to 4U and Gen.

Perkel

Arcane
There is no point going back to 4U and Gen.

World won't have all of the monsters that 4 or 3 had.

True. But MHW is so much improved and better game that going back to them is painful especially on 3DS.
It is bigger jump than going from MHFU to MH4U, especially in how monsters behave.

So as new player imo it is better for him to get best experience possible at first time to get into game instead of going into earlier version and spoil the fun for himself playing inferior versions.

Perkel

Arcane
Man, I just hope the port won't be too bad. My PC is shit :(

Considering how BETA works on standard PS4. You would need something like i3 and HD7850 to play it with 30fps @ 1080p and dips to 20. Framerate isn't locked so it could go as well to 60 in some scenes. Making it run at 1600x900 would probably make game run average 40fps though.

Unlike previous generation of consoles current consoles specs more or less translate well to PC hardware on multiplatform titles. PS4 has slow CPU and mediacore GPU (HD7850+).

What PC you have ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom