Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mordheim - turn-based tactics in the Warhammer universe

Misconnected

Savant
Mordheim is Necromunda: WFB Edition.

I hope multiplayer is as faithful as the latest Space Hulk.

... But it won't be. It'll be a... What did they call the latest abomination, a line strategy game?

Oh GW, I want to love you. But you're making it impossible.

ColCol

Arcane
No, it won't be a line strategy game,you shut your dirty whore mouth!:x

scr01_big.jpg

:incline:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The Eshin banner makes me go SQUEEEEEE :love: but the fact it's "yet another one of those shittons of upcoming Warhammer-based games from which barely any have been released yet and all have been given to absolute no-names" makes my interest levels significantly low.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mordheim is Necromunda: WFB Edition.

I hope multiplayer is as faithful as the latest Space Hulk.

... But it won't be. It'll be a... What did they call the latest abomination, a line strategy game?

Oh GW, I want to love you. But you're making it impossible.
Actually, some of the adaptations were good : Blood Bowl, despite its bugs, and poor interface was still faithful to the TT, same with Space Hulk, which started as a big mess, but was made better (the main remaining issue is the poor AI). Warhammer Quest was very good, even though the rule obfuscation was a dumb move by the developers. It might be even possible that the ratio of good games to poor ones will turn out favorable.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On the plus side, the press release announces Turn based Tactical RPG. It could still go wrong being developed by a new studio and all (but established casual studios is what gave us this Lane game in the first place...), it sounds like something with a great potential.

Misconnected

Savant
Actually, some of the adaptations were good : Blood Bowl, despite its bugs, and poor interface was still faithful to the TT, same with Space Hulk, which started as a big mess, but was made better (the main remaining issue is the poor AI). Warhammer Quest was very good, even though the rule obfuscation was a dumb move by the developers. It might be even possible that the ratio of good games to poor ones will turn out favorable.

I've been plating more BB and with like 4 times as many people because of cyanide's BB.

My 6 man Space Hulk league has yet to change (mission editor me fuck-damn-it).

But for me. Mordheim the physical game die in 2007 and my body is way the fuck ready for a whole host of rematches :)

Misconnected

Savant
EDIT: I'm very drunk and did not understand the first sentence I wrote...

Whatever: my body is ready for Mordheim

Mordheim is a pretty hardcore place, so if your character dies in battle, he's gone. How this works is in battle your character will become out of action and won't be able to fight, and after the battle you'll find out how bad the wound is. So he might not die, but he could end of with one arm chopped off. He can still fight, but he's not going to be able to dual-wielding, no more shields and so on. So injuries will have a big impact on the game. This is a hardcore city and a hardcore game.
:love:

But foolish man thing's game-game will be ruined by scheming underlings and jealous rivals. Wait and see-see.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
... it's been years since my Warhammer Fantasy days. Why does anyone fight over Mordheim again? It seems like the last place you'd want to be outside of Slyvania.

Johannes

Arcane
... it's been years since my Warhammer Fantasy days. Why does anyone fight over Mordheim again? It seems like the last place you'd want to be outside of Slyvania.
IIRC its because of the warpstone thats all over the place, after you win a battle you roll how many pieces you get to collect and sell.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I hope one day someone will make a Battlefleet Gothic game. With fluff-based scale (playing fields so big that ships really shot at each other from 10s of 1000s of kms).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom