Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More MCA Codex Trolls.... INCOMING!

Don Peste

Arcane
Jew troll?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
jesus. just draw an entirely new one if you're gonna change it so much.

This. Even with this one:

Lkqpe.png

I added more tilt to the eyes and body, as well as the colouring and fixing up some stuff with the outline. In other words, even the coloured troll people are using as a base for further edits is changed quite a bit from the MCA version.

Once you change it much more, it can barely be called an MCA troll. His drawing gets the point across, the troll is pretty clearly recoiling in horror.

Oh, and though I prefer the slightly less extreme layback, that could very well be personal bias, so here's a version of Zed's with a transparent background:

Zbn3c.png
The top one is the best I think. The bottom one looks like he's reclining rather than being shocked.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I think that this version is the best one after all
hRNED.png

tilting too much or adding the light from the screen doesn't make it look that good and the MHD one looks weird in the end

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Comparison:
hRNED.png
Lkqpe.png

I think the slightly tilted one is, er, slightly better.
The light and MHD are nice but not really necessary. We can leave them around as Enhanced Editions for special occasions.

lefthandblack

Arcane
Ok, one more revision (not done obv), until there is a consensus on whether or not to continue to violate it, or leave it alone.
If the majority thinks that we should leave it alone, I'll make my changes disappear. I didn't start this gangbang, it was already in
progress when I arrived.

trlmnrev.png

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Yeah, possibly. LundB?

Yeah I'll give that a try in a little bit.

EDIT: Finished. The body of the untilted one with the neck and head of the tilted.

hRNED.png
+
Lkqpe.png
=
79pE0.png

EDIT again because I'm getting fucking obsessive compulsive: Edited the eyes of the combo version slightly so the pupils again point at the screen. Not sure if it feels right though.

KEU1B.png

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I wasn't being sarcastic btw, that was cool

an "ahegao-like" face like that one in the "what the fuck am I reading" mc-donalds pic is what I'm thinking

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

LundB

Mistakes were made.
If you're going to do the whole light thing, you need some glow marks or something coming out of or around the monitor. Like light coming from a torch. Otherwise - without knowing what it is - it just looks weird.

This is has pretty much been my problem w/ the whole light thing. It sounds nice, but it comes out looking weird unless you explicitly know the intent. Maybe light from the monitor would help, though I personally still prefer it sans lighting.

I think the slightly tilted one is, er, slightly better.

Too much inclination makes it look like the one on the right is fucking the keyboard. Body of the left one + head of the right one would work best, imo

I already fixed that in my first version:

Yeah, although that one has the body leaning back more than the original (and the one w/ original body + leaning head), it doesn't have quite the same 'humping the keyboard' feel the one with even more layback has, at least not to me.

In fact, the difference in body leaning is subtle enough that it's easiest to notice if you just click and drag the semi-transparent 'ghost' of one image over the other to compare. For that purpose, here's yours and the one that's unmodified body+tilted head/eyes.

u7wvV.png
KEU1B.png

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This one is perfect. Seems more "scared". Just colour the keyboard something non-blue so it doesn't merge in with everything else, same with the monitor (I suggest dark grey or something) and put a glow around the monitor as if light is coming off of it.

Stinger

Arcane
I'm on a different computer for this week which lacks photoshop and my graphics tablet so I guess I'll leave it up to someone else to make the changes DU suggested.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
This is why I love The Codex, despite all its shit. MCA draws us some trolls, and everyone lets their creativity loose in the most fun self-deprecating way possible. I think that's why MCA likes us (and others devs don't), he is the only one who's seen through our jaded and cynical façade and he knows we're just cuddly manchildren deep inside.

As for why I love MCA... need I spell it out? :love:

Duckard

Augur
Honestly, I think it's mainly that MCA is open to criticism and doesn't get butthurt over what people say. That's probably the best way to have a good relationship with the Codex for anyone, aside from liking crpgs.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
This is why I love The Codex, despite all its shit. MCA draws us some trolls, and everyone lets their creativity loose in the most fun self-deprecating way possible. I think that's why MCA likes us (and others devs don't), he is the only one who's seen through our jaded and cynical façade and he knows we're just cuddly manchildren deep inside.

As for why I love MCA... need I spell it out? :love:
Yeah, it seems Chris Avellone knows us for what we are - a fairly diverse group of people with a diverse group of vices and virtues - rather than the crude stereotypes that other developers use for us.

I mean, this web site has one of the largest Baldur's Gate 2 fan community on the internet, and yet David Gaider and Mike Laidlaw seem to think the Codex is unnecessarily nasty towards them or has some anti-BioWare bias. Strange, considering how Dragon Age: Origins was once the Codex GotY.

waywardOne

Arcane
The difference is Laidlaw is just a talentless fuck obeying the orders of his overlords, so there's really no upside for either party. Gaider started believing all the press clippings and now thinks he's a genuine writer. Either way, both positions are a long cry from actual "developer". Laidlaw's a manager, Gaider does high school level dramas.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
This one is perfect. Seems more "scared". Just colour the keyboard something non-blue so it doesn't merge in with everything else, same with the monitor (I suggest dark grey or something) and put a glow around the monitor as if light is coming off of it.

The arms need to be completely stretched like in the original, that's the detail missing from MCA's version. Most of the effect comes from the guy practically pushing himself away from the keyboard due to the content on the screen.

:what:

Also, when all of these versions are final, we should make a poll to see which ones people would like to see the most on the Codex swag.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I'm on a different computer for this week which lacks photoshop and my graphics tablet so I guess I'll leave it up to someone else to make the changes DU suggested.

jMm6J.png

EDIT: Derp, meltdown made one too, didn't see until posting refreshed. At least it gives a version w/ light vs. without

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom