Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More MCA Codex Trolls.... INCOMING!

Orthodox jews don't use top hats. That hurts my immersion.

I think this doesn't belong because this is a bit too heinous, but then again, there already is the black guy with chicken wings emoticon. I wouldn't browse the site in front of other people though.

But the black guy is so innofensive. If I was black I would eat bananas, watermelon and chicken around white people just so they would feel uncomfortable. Oh god, will he think I'm a racist if I say something, should I stay quiet, should I even look at him, will he think I'm mocking him if I keep eating my own banana, should I throw it aw- *faints*

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
5aabbbc1.png
Looks like a rape-face.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah I don't know quite what it is but it's not looking very Codexian troll-like.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Yeah I see what you mean, by making the horns stay at the same height as the top of the troll's head it prevents it from looking like rodent ears and more like troll horns:

4oeaA.png
====>
DZlKL.png

ZKY3m.png
====>
pbLjn.png

(which angle for the tongue looks better? I personally prefer the bottom one where it tilts to the left.)

I'm...actually kinda happy with how that looks. They're only slight tweaks but they improve the look by a lot.

Lay down the gradient. It's distracting.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think you're working too hard on this. Fuck the Codex, Stinger! Relax and play some RPGs.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
the head needs the shape of an inverted egg.
DZlKL.png
these look better but the perspective is wrong. and he should like a spoiled brat sticking his tounge out, honestly. not like some fatso american that is overly happy enjoying his 35 ice cream for the day.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I hope this makes him look friendlier
f26ce58a.png
:oops:

actually this illustrates something weird about the alignment: even though I've cropped it flush to the borders the two smileys don't line up for some reason
highlight both, you'll see the bounding boxes

maybe it happens between internal forum smileys and img tagged pictures?

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I thought the NSFW threads were all in GD? another hotlinking ban?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
direct imgur links have been broken for me for months

I thought they worked for most people here though

album links are okay on my end though

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
donate to the codex and/or become a staff member and you can attach images, like a professional. especially nifty for you LP guys.

imgur works for me though.

ironyuri

These pixel art emoticons are faggot shit, I vote we use Stinger's original hand drawn ones which were good shit. Fuck anyone who disagrees. Stone those who insult Islam.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
These pixel art emoticons are faggot shit, I vote we use Stinger's original hand drawn ones which were good shit. Fuck anyone who disagrees. Stone those who insult Islam.

Emoticons are supposed to be small.

For a very good reason :mhd:

It is rather annoying when the posting starts to look :hmmm:

Imagine if a simple smile looked :retarded:

And a casual use of semicolon resulted in :bounce:

:smug: was bad enough,
mUPSi.png
simply does not cut it.

Not when it all could be :obviously:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Is there a Codexian version of:

:avatard:

?
It's only funny because some RL-retard actually ate pizza at a movie showing and looked disinterestedly at the camera instead of the movie.
A "codexian version" wouldn't be funny.

ironyuri

You used to be a quality poster, ironyuri, back in 2010.

What happened ?
11987.jpg

I was never that quality a poster, anyway, look at Haba's post.

Remaking them as Pixel art has only led to decline. Stinger's originals were really cool, and smaller than most of the smilies we have. So why can't we just use them?

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I like Stinger's latter versions the most, but seeing the time invested in Codex Trolls, it just seems it's all going a bit crazy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom