Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More MCA Codex Trolls.... INCOMING!

Gondolin

Arcane
This one looks a bit weird to me
8UriI.png

Maybe it would be better if someone made it smile and not have that bland expression?

It's a good emoticon for "It's good for what it is".

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I'm not finished with this one, as I'm not completely happy with it yet, but here's partial progress on my attempt at the :what: troll. The lack of nice outlines makes it tougher than the last one.

Dnjeo.png

Eyes need to look a bit lower for the effect to work.

Though I don't like messing with MCA's vision, here's a version with the eyes moved down. Better?

rJ0SD.png
:what:

Also, now that the nicer outlines are available, I will probably redo it (also with solid shadows, though my laziness likes soft shadows).

DraQ

Arcane
I never understood the fan-base that MCA has generated. He's a great writer, but I think it's a little blown out of proportion. I guess that's a side effect of the game industry being so shitty?
PS:T, man.

It's a storyfag game that can win a hardened simulationfag's heart - that has to count.

Meh. It really should be MCA on the throne in this one.
This. Nobody fellates RPGCodex lately.
:(

8UriI.png

Maybe it would be better if someone made it smile and not have that bland expression?
It's "good for what it was", you philistine!
:x
Stop messing with His revelations!

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
I am partial to thumbsupman, but the rest are just the same standard response-emotes you'd see anywhere on the internet, usually 4chan. We need to be distinguished, like the distinguished gentlemen we pretend desperately to be.

8UriI.png

Maybe it would be better if you just shut the fuck up? :hiver: That's how Avellone did the original work. The troll was only outlined and colored.

It's only a suggestion,noone forced anyone to do anything.If noone likes then they can simply ignore it,no sure why you are so
eBfOU.png
:lol: Touché.

I was trying to sound butthurt and angry like hiver, but it seems that I failed (maybe I'm not retarted enough).

Anyway, I think that another version with a smile would be a nice addition to the Codex emoticons.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm in the camp that thinks it looks better if you turn that frown upside down.

frownupsidedown.png

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
But the one with the blank expression could be used like "It's good for what it is". What about using both?

Luqqj.png
uPpdX.png

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Made a version with the new outline (which actually let me colour hands!), tried to do hard shadows. I'm not as used to those as I am to soft shadows, so I don't know how well it turned out. Also moved pupils from the very beginning, so that they're staring at the screen in horror. Not sure if I want to tilt the eyeballs, it looks sort of weird when I do, and further alters MCA's original. If it is the will of the Codex, I will try though.

Suggestions welcome (Especially if there's a better colour for the computer/keyboard... not sure how I feel about them currently).

The new one, the emote, then the first attempt, to show how shit it was by comparison.

hRNED.png
:what:
rJ0SD.png

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
How about some white light on the troll's face an shirt? The light emitted from the monitor. It gives it a more nerd edge.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
index.php

That man....that fucking man! :love:

Hey its PERFECT! I keep bitching on how cinematics ruins games!

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Leave :what: alone. Or at least have the new emoticon look more disgusted/perplexed
It is too bad that Prosper never donated the required two hundred and fifty (I think) dollars: seeing a Prosperous troll would have completed my day.

Also, I think there is room for both troll thumbs up guy and Karate thumbs up guy. The troll one transfers a message that is more like a mix of Karate thumbs up guy and the PBF shocked image.

that's Bioware/gook *thumbsup guy* for you

kaizoku

Arcane
Luqqj.png
p0G33.png

(could someone try doing some editing to make the expression to look like the one in the futurama character... fake edit: don't forget to add a bucket as the protection helmet :))

Is MCA accepting more requests?
How about a "i see what you did there" troll version?
Or a troll scene with something along the lines of "gay romances are overrated, tasteful rape with trannies is way better". (come on... this is the codex)

Stinger

Arcane
I could color all of them and make them emoticon size so they're all the same style, but I'd need some kind of incentive. :rpgcodex:
A troll drawn for me by MCA would do it. Or at least half a troll since I pledged $115 for W2.

I'm no MCA. But I'm always willing to help out a fellow bro. I edited some sketches and made this:

UA8q5.png

He's feeling the rads....get it?!

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
0b438567.jpg

Needs more bloom

the first example is the most contrast my artistic vision will allow
frankly the lines of the face start losing even more of their gradients if I push the layers further

unless you want to lose the colors totally in the lighted area

Stinger

Arcane
I like the first one more, meltdown.

I'm thinking the eyes need to be tilted back and the dots need to be more at a downward angle though.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
the eyes I'm gonna leave to somebody else, but if someone adjusts the vanilla I'll know what to do after that

new infinitron overclocked edition (actual slight bloom in lighted area + less color saturation)
1e0fcd55.png

ludicrous pancake accident edition
55a189c4.png

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I'm no MCA. But I'm always willing to help out a fellow bro. I edited some sketches and made this:

UA8q5.png

He's feeling the rads....get it?!

Heh, pretty cool! But, yeah, you're not MCA. :rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom