Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind defiling continues - Skywind

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Supposedly the entire world itself is already built, they just need to put the quests and shit in. (Which is a lot, not saying otherwise).

Yeah, I've read. That's actually the reason behind my scepticism: implementing WORKING quests, skills, and basically the core of the game is going to be hell, compared to "just" remaking the world map (not saying that the latter was an easy feat to pull off, btw).

Lemming42

Arcane
Yes, like I said the trainers allow you to skip the horrid raise-by-use system, I'm glad we agree on this. :)

The system must be really shitty if not even the people defending it are fans of the thing. :M

I'm not exactly a fan of it but I do like the intention behind it. It could have been done better but it was more than serviceable for Morrowind. Also I really like that you don't advance in levels unless you focus on your chosen skills, it helps keep your character more specialized and avoids the situations in Fallout where you can suddenly become a legendary lockpicker or demolitions expert at any time.

Delicieuxz

Cipher
MW-item-Glass_Armor.jpg

Aye, that helmet is radder than rad. As is the rest of the armor.

True, not even modders can bring it's glory to Skyrim.

41848-2-1378677888.jpg

Is that Parrot Man?

Comte

Solstheim (Unavailable)
Ancestral Tombs (Unavailable)
West Gash (Unavailable)
Sheogorad (Unavailable)
Dunmer Strongholds (Unavailable)
Red Mountain (Unavailable)
Grazelands (Unavailable)
Sixth House (Unavailable)
The Telvanni (Unavailable)
Towns (Unavailable)
Dwemer Ruins (Unavailable)
Imperial Outposts (Unavailable)

Excellent interactive map explorer

Azazel

Arbiter
Supposedly the entire world itself is already built, they just need to put the quests and shit in. (Which is a lot, not saying otherwise).

Yeah, I've read. That's actually the reason behind my scepticism: implementing WORKING quests, skills, and basically the core of the game is going to be hell, compared to "just" remaking the world map (not saying that the latter was an easy feat to pull off, btw).

That's all they are doing is remaking the world map and quests. Skills and the "core" of the game (spellmaking, levitation, etc) are not going to be added, and they've stated as such. Anyone who doesn't realize this is in for a nasty surprise.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well, Marrow-wind had pretty ass combat and character system, anyway. Too bad butthurt Ex isn't here to disagree.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
Solstheim (Unavailable)
Ancestral Tombs (Unavailable)
West Gash (Unavailable)
Sheogorad (Unavailable)
Dunmer Strongholds (Unavailable)
Red Mountain (Unavailable)
Grazelands (Unavailable)
Sixth House (Unavailable)
The Telvanni (Unavailable)
Towns (Unavailable)
Dwemer Ruins (Unavailable)
Imperial Outposts (Unavailable)

Excellent interactive map explorer

TESRSkywindOfficial said:
Support me on Patreon to unlock more videos and gain early access to them! http://www.patreon.com/SquallyDaBeanz

The world of Morrowind is being completely remade for Skywind. Navigate the map to explore each part of the province as it becomes available through videos both old and new. Updates will come as more of the project is completed, so check back often, and gain EARLY ACCESS as new videos become available by exploring the map regularly.

Visit http://tesrenewal.com/ for more information and ways you can help!

Music - Skywind OST 'Disembarking in Seyda Neen' by Matt Hawken https://soundcloud.com/matthawken

DeepOcean

Arcane
I don't see the point of making this, the combat on both Skyrim and Morrowind is shit but at least Morrowind had some more skills,weapons and spells to play with that this mod won't add. So it will be the same game on Skyrim engine but with Skyrim's dumb down system... what is the point?

Modders don't have anything better to do? This is just dumb down Morrowind with more polygons... but that is Skyrim already. (And even the more polygons stuff is a questionable plus as I don't trust modders artistic ability at all to make this thing have a consistent art style with Morrowind's one, assuming thus will ever leave vapourware status.)

Perkel

Arcane
I don't see the point of making this, the combat on both Skyrim and Morrowind is shit but at least Morrowind had some more skills,weapons and spells to play with that this mod won't add. So it will be the same game on Skyrim engine but with Skyrim's dumb down system... what is the point?

Modders don't have anything better to do? This is just dumb down Morrowind with more polygons... but that is Skyrim already. (And even the more polygons stuff is a questionable plus as I don't trust modders artistic ability at all to make this thing have a consistent art style with Morrowind's one, assuming thus will ever leave vapourware status.)

That is beside fact that Balmora had more text to read than whole Skyrim Script. Hottopics also were massive.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
will there be levitating and super jumping and shit though? otherwise what's the point.

Azazel

Arbiter
Support me on Patreon to unlock more videos and gain early access to them! http://www.patreon.com/SquallyDaBeanz

The world of Morrowind is being completely remade for Skywind. Navigate the map to explore each part of the province as it becomes available through videos both old and new. Updates will come as more of the project is completed, so check back often, and gain EARLY ACCESS as new videos become available by exploring the map regularly.

Music - Skywind OST 'Disembarking in Seyda Neen' by Matt Hawken https://soundcloud.com/matthawken

Somebody report this to Bethesdas legal team and get the 'tards shut down for profiting off it. :lol:

Bahamut

Arcane

Somebody report this to Bethesdas legal team and get the 'tards shut down for profiting off it. :lol:

Nah, Bethesda will keep pretending like this doesent exist, still if the would CnD the butthurt would be glorious

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Bethesderp won't shut it down because it sells copies of both Skyrim (for people who didn't want it but want to play updated Morrowind) and Morrowind (for people who lost their disks/didn't buy it from Steam).

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Only C&D once the project 90% complete. They barely put any effort in it so why do something so little lulzworthy?

That green armor treant dude looks like a gimp.

Given how Oblivion port was almost-almost playable, maybe some hope left. Not enough to fap cautiously though.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I wonder if you could use Patreon like Kickstarter?

If a studio release a video a week about their progress to a Patreon crowd of 20 000, each donating a dollar per vid, you could fund a game week to week.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I know it'll never happen, but I'd donate good money via Kickstarter for a studio like Obsidian to professionally mod an expansion to Morrowind or FNV.

I usually don't care for mods, because the things I wish to add to my games require writers, actors and professionals etc...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom