Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mortal Kombat X

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
LnuHd2O.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
:bounce:

Shit music, but otherwise cool trailer. Hope this time it comes out on the PC immediately.

Deitti

Augur
I am honestly glad they are introducing new characters. I rather see them trying to make new characters and have the chance they will introduce some cool characters, than see them re-introduce the old shit characters from Deadly Alliance and Deception, considering we already know those characters are shit.

Deitti

Augur
considering we already know those characters are shit.

Havik, Drahmin, Blaze, Shujinko, Kenshi, Frost were infinitely more 'mortalkombatish' than any generic character from classic roster like Sonya, Jax etc.

Out of those names, Havik and Kenshi are the only ones i somewhat agree with, rest of them could be dropped off and i wouldn't miss them one bit. Though Kenshi was in MK9 already anyway.

Another piece of gameplay with Boon's commentary:

Out of those names, Havik and Kenshi are the only ones i somewhat agree with, rest of them could be dropped off and i wouldn't miss them one bit.

Don't tell me you prefer over them something like that?

NjMz9gp.jpg

Kotal Kahn and 'Bee Queen' look like some NPCs from Oblivion.
Cassie Cage - yeah we need another generic kwan blonde girl. She's a daughter of Cage and Sonya and the whole game will take place 20-30 years after MK9 events.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I like that they are introducing more mechanics from other games, like the envirointeraction or bouncing off arena edges.

'wowowo big bad is a sikrit which will be a suprise!!' is a pretty lousy way to put it when it's obvious it'll be Shinnok.

Also, I laugh my ass off each time I see Sub-Zero throw an ice clone at the opponent :D

Deitti

Augur
Well, i didn't say that NRS is going to be hitting homeruns with every new character they make, though i think Cassie Cage's design is pretty good since it combines two characters from previous game, freeing slots for other characters with that. Not to mention that she looks like the first female character ever who doesn't have a manface. And the older games have plenty of bad designs among them honestly. It all comes down to the original point, even seeing them trying is better than reusing same shit over and over again. If they make even like 2-3 good new characters into the roster, in my opinion it was worth it.

Gozma

Arcane
Did anybody in the thread become a big MK fan just from playing 9 and just playing single player? I'm kinda interested how they are doing their single player only vs. traditional fighting game player split, 'cause MK9 probably had the first single player fighting game modes that were worth buying the game for, outside of maybe some Arc System Works stuff for megaweebs.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Did anybody in the thread become a big MK fan just from playing 9 and just playing single player? I'm kinda interested how they are doing their single player only vs. traditional fighting game player split, 'cause MK9 probably had the first single player fighting game modes that were worth buying the game for, outside of maybe some Arc System Works stuff for megaweebs.
I thought mk2 was fun back in the day but I love MK9 this much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom