Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most evil enemies in a game?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Camoran.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Blood had plenty of enemies that felt really damn evil. The cultists, the gargoyles, the wraiths. Hell, even the fucking rats and spiders are menacing.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I know we already had the Haunts from Thief but I thought the ordinary zombies were even scarier.

Aaaaahhhhhhrrrrrrrrrr!

And when I was little I was really creeped out by this guy from Prince of Persia:
prince-and-skeleton-dude.gif

No, not the one on the left.

I dunno about the most mustache twirling evil guys in my games, they don't tend to make a lasting impression.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Doppelgangers in BG1. It was so cool to unmask those creeps. A great source of paranoia - I'm surprised more RPGs didn't use them.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Doppelgangers in BG1. It was so cool to unmask those creeps. A great source of paranoia - I'm surprised more RPGs didn't use them.

Yeah, Dopplegangers were cool. Killing that smug Doppel-Elminster was especially satsifying.
Bard's Tale also used them to good effect, and you risked getting "dissention in the ranks".

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
In the basement of the great library with the two dwarfs was the only time I got paranoid since everyone you met showed up was an enemy in disguise, I kept waiting for them to betray me, but they never did.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron

Lanius came across as more of a warrior poet than necessarily evil I think. Yes, he did terrible things, but at the same time he had phenomenal charisma. And some great lines.
When I think of him, I am reminded of Lawrence of Arabia's writings on Auda ibu Tayi from the Seven Pillars of Wisdom: “He saw life as a saga, all the events in it were significant: all personages in contact with him heroic, his mind was stored with poems of old raids and epic tales of fights.”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom