Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most overrated crpgs on codex that likaq doesn't like ( poll )

Most overrated crpgs on codex

• Total voters

Ziem

Arbiter
wheres fo1 and fo2?
:cool:

Top Codex Overrated CRPG List rpgcodex care about*
oh come the fuck on, it would be boring if it included the actual garbage like fallout3, oblivion or lbgtagon age : circumcision

Sjukob

Arcane
How far have we went from times when even defending the far superior sequel would bring the wrath of VD and others on the person who attempted it
Wait , VD thinks that POE is a decent game , but dislikes BG ? That's interesting .

Curunír

Novice
Out of the presented options Morrowind for sure. Still the best (or least bad) RPG Bethesda ever made, though. (Although Skyrim is a pretty nice hiking simulator.)

Also: Witcher 2. How did this end up in the Codex Top 70?

Out of the stuff not in the poll but one the Codex Top 70:
Daggerfall. Besides the usual Elder Scrolls issues, I am really itching to explore a giant world full of random noise.

4too

Arcane
Equal Opportunity Exploitation

Would not have voted until Fallout 1 + 2 were thrown upon the fire.

Considered this a worthy thread to vent on the franchises that have had less text time thermal curing.

If this moment becomes a homoginized pandering to a mob of opinion, going over the same old incline / decline, what’s the point?

WHAT IS NEW? WHAT IS TOODAAY!!1!

This is a ‘one’ chance for opinions about other games to get their moment in the sun.

Threads about POE, DOS, and WL2 are recent enough for most to remember the pro and con arguments,

let the other games have a day in kangaroo court.

In reference to the Codex perienial top 10 or recent Kickstarter renderings, …

those personas still experiencing rectal bleeding could seek clinical help …

ELSEWHERE! ;)

4too

MilesBeyond

Cipher
I specifically voted for Arcanum and Fallout 1 not because I think they're overrated, but because I think it's funny

Rake

Arcane
How's that one man crusade going brah?
Can't say i care much. I don't dislike New Vegas, just consider it mediocre. It was an ok-ish game, par of the course from Obsidian. Half of Obsidian's games were better, the other half worse.
I liked PoE better, and most of my comments about PoE are negative as well.
And "one man crusade"? As the poll shows, FNV is more overated than BG2 is... :smug:
DOS isn't that great either. You just have bad taste. Deal with it

DeepOcean

Arcane
I really wished we returned to the time when Fallout 3 was GOTY here on the codex, now that was an underrated gem. Torment haters would love it, it is so acessible that doesn't require reading skills.

Lhynn

Arcane
I really wished we returned to the time when Fallout 3 was GOTY here on the codex, now that was an underrated gem. Torment haters would love it, it is so acessible that doesn't require reading skills.
There are 2 threads about torment being shit open right now. Also a third one full of people claiming that rpgs should be text lite.

Sjukob

Arcane
Morrowind in the top 3 so far . I hope people voting for it are at least serious and not just trolling . Would be good to know that there are that many sane people here .

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I voted Morrowind. I always thought it was way overrated as a rpg (since it is basically dumbed down console garbage). And look at all the incredibly great and exceptional rpgs we keep getting from the same studio... :M

LizardWizard

Cipher
Morrowind in the top 3 so far . I hope people voting for it are at least serious and not just trolling . Would be good to know that there are that many sane people here .

Morrowind like all Beth games is quite shit/mediocre without a fuckton of mods. Just less so in comparison to the rest of the pile.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Yep, the only reason anyone could ever dislike Planescape Torment is because they're just too stoopid to read gud.

It's a mediocre interactive graphic novel and I never really cared for it. The setting is neat but derivative of Roger Zelazny's Amber series.

If I want to flex my reading skills I will read actual books, and not seek out "deep and meaningful" characters in a shitty fantasy video game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom