Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most overrated crpgs on codex that likaq doesn't like ( poll )

Most overrated crpgs on codex

• Total voters

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I don't think blackguards is that overrated, the sequel probably killed off the series for the foreseeable future. It's an average game that received average reception.

This.
Blackguards 2 killed the inner fanboy of anyone who might be overrating Blackguards.

(Yesterday I saw Blackguards 2 is on like a 99.9% sale.. after like a year)

EDIT:
I still didn't buy it.

mS4IsmN.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
New Vegas, DOS, all Witchers, Gothics, Blackguards, Banner Saga, shit half the list is just total trash. And the studios that made them are dead to me.

Also, add MotB pls, seriously.

Waterd

Augur
BG1 is overrated because it confuses Boring micromanagment to detect traps with fun gameplay, ¨lets talk with this person and see what happens....oh im dead¨ with challenge and RTWP combat system with a good system.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
BG1 is overrated because it confuses Boring micromanagment to detect traps with fun gameplay, ¨lets talk with this person and see what happens....oh im dead¨ with challenge and RTWP combat system with a good system.

You must be the first person I have ever heard complaining about detect traps in Baldur's Gate. If detect traps and micromanagement are your biggest complaints then you might want to find another game to criticize.

Lhynn

Arcane
D:OS is overrated but it's good. New Vegas is decent for a FPS.
P. underrated tbh, mostly because the codex is full of fags of the story variety.
It drove the genre forward, which isnt little as this shit has stagnated or declined for like 10 years now and is probably the single most fun rpg to play to come in years. Crippled by a mostly uninteresting story, a multiplayer that killed any chance at character development and an awful character system, but a gem nonetheless.

Last edited:

pippin

Out of all the games mentioned, I gotta say Blackguards is probably the least interesting of the bunch. It pains me to say this, since I like Daedalic, but I spent a few hours playing it and it wasn't anything to write home about, sadly. The Dark Eye deserves better games, it's a pity the franchise is approaching Warhammer levels of shovelware right now.

Sjukob

Arcane
I must say , that despite the biggest amount of votes , kingcomrade is underrated on codex not overrated .

DeepOcean

Arcane
It's a mediocre interactive graphic novel and I never really cared for it.
Wait a minute? You seem to really hate a game and think it is overrated and you don't care about it? What is it champ? Played it 7 times to discover it sucks? Unless you are one of those "Never played past the tutorial, the game sucked." types, what is even more ridiculous. :lol:

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Wait a minute? You seem to really hate a game and think it is overrated and you don't care about it? What is it champ? Played it 7 times to discover it sucks? Unless you are one of those "Never played past the tutorial, the game sucked." types, what is even more ridiculous. :lol:
XH59lJB.jpg

Or I played through it once.

I never said I really hated it, I said it is mediocre. Seems to be quite a distinction there.

Your reading comprehension is terrible and you are altogether a dullard. :lol:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Or I played through it once.

I never said I really hated it, I said it is mediocre. Seems to be quite a distinction there.

Your reading comprehension is terrible and you are altogether a dullard. :lol:
Dude, Torment isn't one of my favorite RPGs and it has its issues, people that don't like it have their reasons, they may not like the combat, how the story is linear after Sigil and other problems. I don't mind people thinking the game is overrated but I'm just bored with "Codex! I discovered Torment is a mediocre graphic novel!See how edgy I am!", every year since I started reading this forum, there is always an edgy dumbfuck that says this as it was a revelation, now, that is dull and it seems you are the dumbfuck of 2015. It is dull because it is a simplifying lie, same to say Fallout is a game about shooting people on turns and BG 2 is a dating simulator, there is some truth in there, but edgy try hards blow it way out of proportion.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Dude, Torment isn't one of my favorite RPGs and it has its issues, people that don't like it have their reasons, they may not like the combat, how the story is linear after Sigil and other problems. I don't mind people thinking the game is overrated but I'm just bored with "Codex! I discovered Torment is a mediocre graphic novel!See how edgy I am!", every year since I started reading this forum, there is always an edgy dumbfuck that says this as it was a revelation, now, that is dull and it seems you are the dumbfuck of 2015. It is dull because it is a simplifying lie, same to say Fallout is a game about shooting people on turns and BG 2 is a dating simulator, there is some truth in there, but edgy try hards blow it way out of proportion.
Yo, autismo. I said YOU are a dullard, not that the game is dull. In fact, I said the setting was neat. What kind of learning disabilities do you have?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Yo, autismo. I said YOU are a dullard, not that the game is dull. In fact, I said the setting was neat. What kind of learning disabilities do you have?
Ohh the irony...:roll: My point is that Torment did alot of things for RPGs and that edgy try hards just ignore it all with statements like "It was a mediocre graphic novel." or go doing some edgy remarks of comparing it to books. Anyway, this isn't even new stuff to discuss about, being edgy about Torment being overrated is beating a dead horse that is dead since the codex was founded then you claim I'm dull. Why I'm talking with a shitposter on a shit thread? Why? I should discuss the patriarchy with Roguey, that will be more interesting.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Ohh the irony...:roll: My point is that Torment did alot of things for RPGs and that edgy try hards just ignore it all with statements like "It was a mediocre graphic novel." or go doing some edgy remarks of comparing it to books. Anyway, this isn't even new stuff to discuss about, being edgy about Torment being overrated is beating a dead horse that is dead since the codex was founded then you claim I'm dull. Why I'm talking with a shitposter on a shit thread? Why? I should discuss the patriarchy with Roguey, that will be more interesting.
You're a rambling idjut. The thread is about overrated games, hence the mention of Planescape: Torment being overrated, and I replied to your pretentious snark (over a DnD video game no less) about "torment haters" having short attention spans and poor reading skills --or whatever the fuck it was you were trying to imply-- and that's the only reason anyone could be a "torment hater."

You are being utterly retarded, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and suggest you're sleep deprived.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I don't mind people not liking the game, so I'm going to dedicate 3 post to telling you how much you suck.

cry-photo.jpg

Cry me a river. PST can go in it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom