Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MOTB Critique my character

Severian Silk

I am still in act 1. Here is my current character. Any advices on how to grow this character? Thanks.

L9SDp4Z.png

quCG6Xk.png

Er5qFwA.png

VtErVgs.png

Last edited by a moderator:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Never played a monk because I always think its like making a fighter but without the fun of picking equipment.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
IIRC monks can become pretty OP. Dual wielding kukris can do huge damage. But they are fucking boring. Epic D&D is boring anyway, so to make it even more boring... whatever rocks your boat though.

Severian Silk

I am specializing in unarmed strike, but the damage does not seem very high. Battles take too long and are boring.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, if you buff those kamas (Divine Favor!.. maybe raise Charisma and add Divine Might for extra cheese) and have like 20 attacks per round, you become a meatgrinder. But I don't think you need that many monk levels for that. Better focus on Cleric levels, get Divine Power spell and extend it's duration to always fight with that (=max number of attacks and attack bonus).

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Everything about this character is shit. Stats, race (favored class of fire genasi: fighter, i.e. permanent XP penalty of 20% for having a cleric/monk multiclass more than 1 lvl apart) and I bet my right testicle that your choice of feats was also shit.
If you want a monk that is an unarmed fighter you shouldn't multiclass much (prestige classes aside) because your fists improve with more monk levels. If you're ok with using the two-weapon fighting monk using kamas and flurry of blows (18 attacks per round fully hasted and with Perfect two weapon fighting) you only need 11 monk levels for greater flurry and take fighter levels and prestige class levels for the rest.

For that shit character you have there , see if you can qualify for Sacred Fist and then use that.

hivemind

Everything about this character is shit. Stats, race (favored class of fire genasi: fighter, i.e. permanent XP penalty of 20% for having a cleric/monk multiclass more than 1 lvl apart) and I bet my right testicle that your choice of feats was also shit.
Don't forget the gender.0000000000000000000

Severian Silk

If I increase monk levels now, can I still use cleric spells?

I don't find all this stat stuff interesting. It's boring in fact. Am I playing the wrong game?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Sacred Fist advances unarmed damage like a monk as well as your cleric spellcasting so you should do that. Plus you get some other stuff like Sacred Flames or whatever that you can use to deal additional fire damage or whatever that was about.

Severian Silk

Should I go ahead and wear armor, or would it be better not to?

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
IIRC monks can become pretty OP. Dual wielding kukris can do huge damage. But they are fucking boring. Epic D&D is boring anyway, so to make it even more boring... whatever rocks your boat though.
My favorite part of MotB is creating classes. They do an excellent job of integrating prestige, feats, skills, etc with the engine. The game... I wasn't as sold as others, but I probably have started more than 20 games of this just to check out different combinations. Leave epic AD&D alone.

Severian Silk

I am giving up. The game is making me physically nauseous, it's so ugly. I will play Battle Brothers instead.

Severian Silk

I remapped the controls already. Something about how the game feels (controls and visuals) makes me ill, like in a car.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Did you try: Strategy Mode cam -> Camera Mode: Can Be Moved Freely (Free Camera) > Ceilings Always Off -> Marquee Select On.

That usually solves ppl's main issues with the cam because it only pans until you hold down middle mouse-button to manually rotate, or use mouse-wheel to zoom in/out. It basically plays like an isometric RPG.

exe

Augur
Can anyone explain to me what a warlock is and how they work? Got Amon Jerro and have no clue whatsoever

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom