Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I really really hope it's a dumbfuck translation, because:

I asked him that are they planning to port Warband to Android or IOS.And I also asked him are they planning to make Bannerlord and Warband for console.
- Porting Warband is not necessary, focusing on Bannerlord and then porting it is sound more logicall. But I heard that there is some works to port Warband to different platforms.I can not give informations about platforms.About porting Bannerlord to console , there is nothing clear.We are planning to port it after game release.We want to release it to PC before releasing it to multiple platforms.They are not talking about that too much but I heard some PS4 around the conversations.

Avellion

Erudite
I really really hope it's a dumbfuck translation, because:

I asked him that are they planning to port Warband to Android or IOS.And I also asked him are they planning to make Bannerlord and Warband for console.
- Porting Warband is not necessary, focusing on Bannerlord and then porting it is sound more logicall. But I heard that there is some works to port Warband to different platforms.I can not give informations about platforms.About porting Bannerlord to console , there is nothing clear.We are planning to port it after game release.We want to release it to PC before releasing it to multiple platforms.They are not talking about that too much but I heard some PS4 around the conversations.
It is a dumbfuck translation.

The news are concerning, but we will have to see the official word of taleworlds.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Good. That means we can expect the combat physics to be less clunky and maybe actually... make sense?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Another developer alienating their original audience. Well, maybe it's not all bad yet, but pc-centric developers that starts to make console games usually ends up with pretty poor games.

Gregz

Arcane
@Taleworlds

"So many times it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive"

Good. That means we can expect the combat physics to be less clunky and maybe actually... make sense?

If the combat mechanics weren't a clunky dadaist nightmare it wouldn't be Mount and Blade

No idea what you're talking about, M&B:WB combat is silky smooth and well designed. Try playing PvP sometime and see how finely some people have mastered it.

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
B-but... it can still be good, r-right guys?

tumblr_mq3zg5BY491svrbyto1_500.gif

set

Cipher
If confirmed console port I'm done with this world. Fuck it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wonder if this will tack on another two or three years to development. Taking forever.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Update on new barter system: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Hello all Mount & Blade players, curious individuals and accidental Mount & Blade blog readers! We hope you are having a wonderful 2015, so far and that you enjoyed our previous blog by Finn Seliger, covering the music of Bannerlord.

This time, the blog comes right from us and we're going to be touching on an interesting new feature for the single player, something we know a lot of you want to hear about.

One of the areas of our development focus is improving player interaction with NPCs and other factions and making this part of the game feel deeper and more meaningful. In order to facilitate this, early in the development we decided to use a dedicated bartering screen. We have been working on this new feature for some time now and it has matured to a point where it adds a lot to gameplay and has many interesting details we can talk about.

As shown in the screenshot, the bartering screen is fairly self explanatory. The right hand side presents a list of things the player can offer towards the deal, and the left hand side shows what the player can demand from the other party. This is a simple system that makes deals easy to create and view, with potential offerings grouped together for ease of use.

barter.jpg

The satisfaction-meter in the middle demonstrates the other party's willingness to accept the deal and so is the key indicator for the player, when putting together a barter offer. Satisfaction changes as we add and remove items into the offer. It is also affected by other factors such as player skills and relation to the character -and especially- the needs of the other party. Certain goods and arrangements have different values for different NPCs. For example, setting free a character who is held prisoner may be worth quite a lot to the prisoner's family and to a lesser extent, other NPCs in the same faction, while this may be of essentially no value to characters who are completely unrelated.

The things that can be exchanged in barter depend on context as well. When bartering with enemies, you are able to negotiate peace deals, while barters between a king and his vassals could consist of granting ranks within the kingdom or awarding of fiefs.

Under the hood, the game takes what might be called a rather materialistic approach: In the world of Bannerlord's barters, everything has a price; the game internally assigns a numerical value in the game world's currency --denars to every possible item in a barter, then uses this monetary value to evaluate whether a deal is good or not. Something to be careful of, with this kind of system, is the potential of counter-intuitive results arising: For example bribing your arch-enemy to join your faction, if you pay the right amount. In practice though, this is a non-issue. The system will typically assign such exorbitant values to decisions of this sort, that these will be extremely difficult, if not altogether impossible, for the player to attain.

The sandbox AI can use the barter system just like the player. We have a system in place that finds parties which could be interacting and then tries to build barter offers that would be acceptable to both parties. For example, if one of your vassals has low loyalty and there is a rival king nearby who has a fief to spare, there is a chance that the king will entice your lord with the promise of the fief and your vassal will defect. Handling AI interactions in this way is a great boon for the strategical campaign as it makes the game much more interesting and unpredictable, while retaining balance and realism.

We hope you enjoyed reading about this new feature for Bannerlord and we are looking forward to sharing more information about the progress of the game soon.

Avellion

Erudite

deuxhero

Arcane
How many nobles do I need to capture for them to hand over a castle?

Actually, that's one thing they need to fix: A faction having their leader imprisoned did pretty much nothing beyond losing one powerful unit. In-fact, it made peace LESS likely because you can't negotiate with prisoners.

How many nobles do I need to capture for them to hand over a castle?

Actually, that's one thing they need to fix: A faction having their leader imprisoned did pretty much nothing beyond losing one powerful unit. In-fact, it made peace LESS likely because you can't negotiate with prisoners.

I agree and would go even further: Diplomacy as a whole should be a top priority. I realised that when playing with mods that dont include the Diplomacy mod. It obviously doesnt make much difference in the beginning, but the pretty much non-existent Vanilla-Diplomacy ruines the game for me, once you have advanced to faction leader.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom