Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

And the OFFICIAL comment on console release: http://games.on.net/2015/03/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-says-they-have-a-console-release-in-mind/

"It is a little too early to talk about the possibility of a console release right now. It is something that we have in our minds and the project is not confirmed."

Still no word in their forums, apparently.
Good to know. Not all hope for this game is lost then.

ofcourse it is. Planned from the start, design compromised, abandon all hope.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Ok, they are up for an announcement at Gamescom.
TaleWorlds Entertainment will be revealing Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord for the first time at Gamescom 2015 in Cologne. Media will be invited to attend private viewing sessions of live gameplay from the game in its current state. Video and additional information about the game will be released to the general public concurrently, satiating some of the massive player demand for information on the new entry to the franchise.
The series, which has until now accumulated over 6 million unit sales, is a favourite among players, much loved for its refreshing sandbox gameplay that centres around player freedom. This next instalment takes place 200 years before Warband but brings the series forward by greatly expanding gameplay in all areas and offering much improved visuals.
http://nichegamer.com/2015/07/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-ready-for-debut-at-gamescom/
gamescom will be at: 06.-09.08.2015.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
They also announced console release of Warband.

TaleWorlds is also proud to announce the arrival of Mount & Blade: Warband to the current generation of game consoles. With an “Overwhelmingly Positive” rating on Steam and a host of awards; placing regularly in PC Gamer's yearly Top 100 lists, Warband is held up as an example of indie games' ambition at its finest. The port is fully featured and sure to make a splash in the console market.

I'll not be surprised if they announce Bannerlord as multiplatform game.

Maschtervoz

Learned
If the Gamescom presentation is announcing that Bannerlord is multiplatform then showing off hairstyles and facial expressions again, I'll cry. Taleworlds, pls.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
No one cannibalizes their own market releasing an old port and a sequel quickly after, so I'll bet on Warband on PS4/Xbone for the holidays and Mount & Blade 2 somewhere in Q4 2050.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, Warband on console probably means they're trying to get the console market excited for M&B2. At $60.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't see how they think console players are going to rush to buy something that looks like it was made in 2005.

Perkel

Arcane
No one cannibalizes their own market releasing an old port and a sequel quickly after, so I'll bet on Warband on PS4/Xbone for the holidays and Mount & Blade 2 somewhere in Q4 2050.

On contrary releasing or rereleasing older part of game before new one is actually a thing.

If you follow things like PS+ they usually boost sales of new games releasing earlier game in PS+ two three months before release...

It's like drugs. You first get tester and then when you are hooked up you pay 60$ because you can't fucking wait for release.

It only works for good games though. No one will bat an eye for hipster arcade 2D metroidvania scroller released like that.

Imo they should just cancel it and release Prophecy of Pendor instead fully realized as own game.

As for BL no way in hell this is this year. Probably something like 2018 or 2020

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
How are they even managing to stay in business? Aren't they doing this solo without Paradox funding them? Even for the PC community Warband is a somewhat niche game. Whatever genius thought spending time/money porting a console version was a good idea will likely cost them more money than they make. I guess it's an XBLA/PSN title? Warband is routinely sold for $5 or less on PC.

set

Cipher
How are they even managing to stay in business? Aren't they doing this solo without Paradox funding them? Even for the PC community Warband is a somewhat niche game. Whatever genius thought spending time/money porting a console version was a good idea will likely cost them more money than they make. I guess it's an XBLA/PSN title? Warband is routinely sold for $5 or less on PC.

They did very well for an indie game, like 3mil or more copies for WB+M&B. In turkish economy, I'm guessing this is enough to keep the company afloat.

TripJack

Hedonist
consolification is guaranteed death for this game but i'll admit the new siege stuff looks great :salute:

Avellion

Erudite
DYggsDU.png

Campaign map looks very similar to prior games (no surprise there). The UI elements at the bottom of the screen are interesting however.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom