Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Guess we'll see if the Rhodoks are as piss easy to roll over as ever.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The Rhodoks were the green guys, right? I didn't find them that easy. Those fucking crossbowmen of there's had a nasty tendency to fuck up my armies before they even reached the castle walls.

In ground combat they were complete pushovers, though. Mostly due to their lack of cavalry which makes them easy prey for charging Mamlukes.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I just want it to be at least as good as M&B1. Because dispite crappy graphics I enjoyed thegame immensely. It's pretty the only medieval marauder simulator. The game always started to lose interest for me after I captured my first castle\town. because of constant pillaging of your villages by enemy lords and sieges by various hordes. Plus, everyone declared war upon you sooner or later and caste had no marketplace to sell your goods.
But when i was roaming the land with my band and pillaged caravans, pillaged villages, pillaged enemy lords - that was so much fun.Devs could improve that part alone and still have a superb game. Add features to prison management, looting and money earning\spending, make castles more useful and add neutral towns\city-states for people to sell stuff, plus make NPCs like ransom brokers a button in marketplace and game will shine.
Yet, M&B was awfully unoptimised, 150 men battle choked my iCore 3930 with 16 gigs of ram to like 000.1 FPS.

Gregz

Arcane
I just want it to be at least as good as M&B1. Because dispite crappy graphics I enjoyed thegame immensely. It's pretty the only medieval marauder simulator. The game always started to lose interest for me after I captured my first castle\town. because of constant pillaging of your villages by enemy lords and sieges by various hordes. Plus, everyone declared war upon you sooner or later and caste had no marketplace to sell your goods.
But when i was roaming the land with my band and pillaged caravans, pillaged villages, pillaged enemy lords - that was so much fun.Devs could improve that part alone and still have a superb game. Add features to prison management, looting and money earning\spending, make castles more useful and add neutral towns\city-states for people to sell stuff, plus make NPCs like ransom brokers a button in marketplace and game will shine.
Yet, M&B was awfully unoptimised, 150 men battle choked my iCore 3930 with 16 gigs of ram to like 000.1 FPS.

Sounds like you didn't try Warband. It's a great expansion that addresses many of the shortcomings you mention.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Sounds like you didn't try Warband. It's a great expansion that addresses many of the shortcomings you mention.
Of course I tried Warband, and later with Floris mod. But shortcomings remained. Castle owning gave you more troubles than benefits, Castles still had no marketplaces. Combat controls improved but it did not help much due to retarded AI.

Gregz

Arcane
Of course I tried Warband, and later with Floris mod. But shortcomings remained. Castle owning gave you more troubles than benefits, Castles still had no marketplaces. Combat controls improved but it did not help much due to retarded AI.

I don't know what game you played, but all my castles had markets within which to buy/sell weapons, armor, horses, goods as well as a guild to establish the manufacture of trade goods like silk, leather goods, etc. which turned a nice profit. Also my castles automatically recruited troops from nearby towns and villages, allowing me to simplify and centralize army building. The civic construction and other benefits of castles are numerous.

AI being retarded is mostly evident in sieges, but when it's 5 to 1 against you, it's still challenging. And the epic armies and elven troops (Prophesy of Pendor) were extremely OP and difficult to defeat.

Diplomacy + PoP = Best Mod btw

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
PoP is a good mod but way way way too tedious and grindy for most players. Also, in Vanilla castles don't have stores or recruit their own men so those are both from mods.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't know what game you played, but all my castles had markets within which to buy/sell weapons, armor, horses, goods as well as a guild to establish the manufacture of trade goods like silk, leather goods, etc. which turned a nice profit. Also my castles automatically recruited troops from nearby towns and villages, allowing me to simplify and centralize army building. The civic construction and other benefits of castles are numerous.
AI being retarded is mostly evident in sieges, but when it's 5 to 1 against you, it's still challenging. And the epic armies and elven troops (Prophesy of Pendor) were extremely OP and difficult to defeat.
Diplomacy + PoP = Best Mod btw
You recommend this two mods together or each of them separately? I never installed two at once

Unwanted

Cursed Platypus

Unwanted
I wish I liked this game, but the combat ruins it. It feels dull and plays dull.
What Bannerlord need is a combat revamp. They need to get rid of this absurd wind up and just have attacks triggering fluidly, like in chivalry.

Also, parrying that you can adjust dynamically instead of the 4 way bullshit. And the ability to remap the attack direction keybinds, I find mouse movements to be completely unreliable (and the keyboard option was garbage). Combo-ing your attack would be also appreciated, for fluidity's sake (once your sword swinged to the left, you swing it back again to the right, which makes sense. The sword doesnt magically goes back to it's normal stance).

And the feeling that you aren't just hitting a cardboard box with a cardboard sword. And some animations that aren't shit.

They are unfortunately plagued with a conservative fanbase of hardcore autists, which will severely hinder improvements in this domain.Unless they just ditch them after realising that the biggest chunk of the audience for this niche was turned away by the combat. Pandering to this small multiplayer community with their need of their own specially awful combat won't do them any good.

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I wish I liked this game, but the combat ruins it. It feels dull and plays dull.
What Bannerlord need is a combat revamp. They need to get rid of this absurd wind up and just have attacks triggering fluidly, like in chivalry.

Also, parrying that you can adjust dynamically instead of the 4 way bullshit. And the ability to remap the attack direction keybinds, I find mouse movement to be completely unreliable (and the keyboard option was garbage). Combo-ing your attack would be also appreciated, for fluidity's sake (once your sword swinged to the left, you swing it back again to the right, which makes sense).

And the feeling that you aren't just hitting a cardboard box with a cardboard sword. And some animations that aren't shit.

They are unfortunately plagued with a conservative fanbase of hardcore autists, which will severely hinder improvements in this domain.Unless they just ditch them after realising that the biggest chunk of the audience for this niche was turned away by the combat.
WTF? Are you trolling? The combat is the best part of M&M, it's what carries everything else.

Unwanted

Cursed Platypus

Unwanted

Also, parrying that you can adjust dynamically instead of the 4 way bullshit. And the ability to remap the attack direction keybinds, I find mouse movement to be completely unreliable (and the keyboard option was garbage). Combo-ing your attack would be also appreciated, for fluidity's sake (once your sword swinged to the left, you swing it back again to the right, which makes sense).

They are unfortunately plagued with a conservative fanbase of hardcore autists, which will severely hinder improvements in this domain.Unless they just ditch them after realising that the biggest chunk of the audience for this niche was turned away by the combat.
WTF? Are you trolling? The combat is the best part of M&M, it's what carries everything else.

Yé i'M of treling.

I detect a multiplayer cancer faggot. This combat is shit awful. I bet you feel proud of the thousands of hours you wasted in hardcore duel server faggoting.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The only multiplayer faggot here is you bro, go back to your MP only chivalry like a good fanboy.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
f8a.gif

Unwanted

Cursed Platypus

Unwanted
The only multiplayer faggot here is you bro, go back to your MP only chivalry like a good fanboy.

If you play this game for it's combat you are the fucking cancer that's killing it. The appeal of this game is to play as commander of a small marauding army and finally experience groups of tiny men murdering other groups of tiny men, first hand. Like if you were the real captain figthing in the fray while giving orders.
That's why decent people bought it. The only game that lets you do it.

Combat engine is shit, it was designed quickly because the focus of the game was the one described above. Now he has budget and he can make a fluid and intuitive systhem. But he might not because the vocal autists will make him believe they are the majority of his fanbase.

Keshik

Arcane
Looks pretty serviceable, good to see something exists of this game too.

Unwanted

Cursed Platypus

Unwanted
I honestly think they don't know what they're doing. This will stay vapourware.

Even though M&B and Warband had sold like cupcakes, the only thing he released these past years was fire and sword. I am willing to bet this turkish guy used the money on hookers and blows, and is capitalising on the Title alone to sell. This game might just be an HD warband, if it ever gets out.

Unwanted

Cursed Platypus

Unwanted
The retard who did it forgot to put spoilers. I'm fixing this.

Which are completely unnecessary.

I hate it when you have an obese post standing in the middle of the page. Not to mention too much images sometimes makes shit computer and internet connection like mine fuck up the page altogether.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom