Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade: Now with More Vikings! Thanks DLC!

Anyone remember a mod for the original M&B called The Wedding Dance? Had some of the most bizarre stuff I've ever seen in any videogame ever.

Marriage long before Warband was a thing, nuns in fetish gear warring with Amazons and Romans and a main plot about your sister secretly being queen that I never finished. Because screw her, I'm king.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cool, not that expensive... and no early access? Guess they decided to ditch that. Nice.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Why would I buy a mod? The last time I did that I regretted the 10$ spent on a pseudo Age of Empire 2 expansion.

Morkar Left

That was fast. Wouldn't have expected this. Could be worth spending money and time for.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I hope this will have good raiding and looting mechanics, that's what being a viking is all about.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
It's out, and buggier than a monk's corpse a month after a viking raid. :(

Now to wait and hope they patch out the crashes soon.. fuck this shit.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Rushed it to beat the Steam sale so it didn't get drowned out. 75% off Russian... maybe.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been playing it for a few hours, singelplayer only though. So far I like it, but it is a bit buggy. I really enjoy the story. Pretty interesting choices and writing so far

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
It's made by modders, but given that they've "shipped" a big mod already, I would've expected something...not this:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,319843.msg0.html

"It's something completelly different to develop a mod, or a "real" game. Mods are developed slowly, with continuse testing and feedback from the mass of mod-fans, while developing a game compared to this, is like working in a dense fog, seeing the light on release-date - and then all this testing and feedback you could have needed in development comes all on day one."

Yup, that about sums it up. :D

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if Taleworlds is short on cash and needed to push this out before Xmas? Bannerlord development seems to be going at a snail's pace.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Yeah, probably wanted to hit Christmas sales. Ah well, it's gonna get patched I guess.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer

You shouldn't be purchasing it for the MP component, it's really rather awful (besides, there's Víkingr for that .
However, the SP should really be fantastic. It's packed full of lots of nice little things, more so than Brytenwalda. Unfortunately the whole lot is in a bit of a mess right now, for a lot of reasons. Personally, I'd recommend that you wait it out for a couple of patches.

This, pretty much. I was surprised how cool the beginning of the story campaign was. I even saw some dialogue options based on my chosen personality.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Uploaded a video with some multiplayer combat. Players versus AI. It's pretty fun. At one point we had 170 players fighting AI, shield walls and all :)

More combat

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The question is: is it worth it over the Vikingr mod? Whatever money I was going to spend on this just got allotted to Bannerlord... here's hoping they don't fuck that up.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Is it p.cool as in Fire & Sword p.cool because the Fire & Sword campaign sucked.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Never played the Fire and Sword campaign. In Viking Conquest it's something like an rpg game storyline inside M&B gameplay. The characters in your party have a place in the story, picking dialogue options has consesquences (don't expect anything fancy here of course). Quests are something like go to x and duel one of the badguys, defend a town from an invading army, go to an enemy hideout, kill everyone and retrieve an item, writing around the quests is good enough to keep me engaged.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Steam beta of a big patch is out:

#CTDs / Performance

- Optimised collision-meshes for buildings, ships, objects and trees
- Fixed broken trunks on waving trees
- Smaller LODs
- Added female frame
- Slightly reduced polycount of armors
- Optimisation of material- and shader-settings
- Cleaned up BRFs
- Removed all non used scene props.
- Trigger optimization
- Sound flags

#Fixes

- Massive changes in multiplayer security code (this should fix most or all MP bugs caused by 'hackers')
- Fixed music
- Changed the way that cooldown for horn and berserker works
- Fixed "move cattle" quest bug
- Fixed never-ending tournament rounds in some of towns
- Fixed MP sound issues
- Fixed bugs in scenes - 7 towns and 1 castle
- Fixed map icons
- Fixed tutorial equipment
- Fixed "The rate of catching prisoners is extremely low"
- Fixed "killed all but still prisioners"
- Fixed "question mark in the fight"
- Fixed "Looting Monasteries cost to much reputation"
- Fixed "Lack of bandits in Frisia and Danmark"
- Fixed "Should I get stuck in the opening battle if I win?"
- Fixed "impossible to escape from Sven's fleet"
- Fixed "Spawning in water when aid someone in seabattle"
- Fixed "Dying at the start of a sea battle"
- Fixed "Lower the chance for damaged ships."
- Fixed "Farmer viking parties"
- Fixed "MP Naval battle too slow"
- Fixed "Cant leave ship in MP Naval Battle"
- Fixed christian troops problem in Pagan towns.
- Fixed gift cattle option
- Fix Norse spawn
- fixed bug with pretender dialogs
- fixed bugs with castle/town food reserves
- Fixed NPC factions
- Fixed non-responsive division
- Fixed non-responsive troops
- Fixed non-kingdom troop AI
- Fixed some tournaments not ending

- Fixed many storyline problems reported for players. Specially in:
- Odin's Cave
- Sven's Hideout
- Captain's problem
- Trolls Bridge
- Aescesdum
- Companions conversation

# New / Changes
- MP admin chat (chat visible only to admins - 'U' key)
- MP admin announcments (important message send to all players - 'I' key)
- MP admin tools panel:
- slay bots
- heal player
- slay player
- swap player to other team
- swap player to spectator
- give Thor's hammer to player

- Add continue in sandbox mode after storyline end.
- Deleted autoleve 5 for companions.
- Helgi now have a trainer skill at the expense of lower navigation
- Adjust/fix faction relations
- Expand inventory update to special parties
- Reworked special places (farmstead, quarries etc) to give lower prices depending on player's skill
- Reworked extortion in villages and special places
- Reworked prisoner limit
- Chances for prisoner escape now depend on party morale
- Stopping pagan priests shouldn't result in a battle anymore
- Minor text corrections
- Adjust prisoner limits
- Stochastic triggers
- NPC faces
- New feature: "Make capturing ships possible"
- New feature: "Add info about current weather in the camp menu"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom