Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Music

Discussion in 'Ash of Gods' started by Sneaky Seal, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Sneaky Seal Aurum Dust Developer

Sneaky Seal
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    This is a thread that will be dedicated to music of the Ash of Gods.

We are happy to share Ash of Gods's main menu music theme for the first time ever.

As all the other music for the game, it is created by Adam Skorupa, Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz and Michał Cielecki (authors of music to such projects as Bullet Storm, Painkiller, The Witcher, EVE Online and Shadow Warrior 2). We are proud that Adam and his team agreed to work with a small indie studio.

We wanted to have the main menu theme to convey feelings of a light sadness, a foreboding disaster. a struggle. Were we able to convey these emotions?

• incline incline x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Abu Antar Arcane Patron

Abu Antar
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Not great but
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  3. Sneaky Seal Aurum Dust Developer

Sneaky Seal
    Parrots:
    You broke my heart, Fredo.

Well, could you actually be more specific? Is that the style you dislike or the particular piece? What would you like to have less/more of?

^ Top  
  4. Abu Antar Arcane Patron

Abu Antar
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I don't think a main theme should be very busy, if that makes any sense to you. I'm not really good at all this music stuff. But the instruments are busy and then the lady enters with her singing and I think to myself: This is more fitting for a scene were shit goes down. Maybe a scene where war or a duel is depicted. I hope that makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Skittles He ruins the fun.

Skittles
    Parrots:
    I think the intro is great for main menu, up to about :26 in, where I think it does convey more sadness and foreboding. When it builds to vocal performance, I'm expecting something more climactic that the typical menu screen and the tone feels hopefully triumphant. It's a nice listen, but better suited for a momentous battle. Besides, it'd be wasted on the main menu! Who spends more than 30 seconds on the main menu in a game who isn't just fiddling with settings?

^ Top  
  6. KILLER BEAR Educated

KILLER BEAR
    Parrots:
    Kinda agree with what the other guys said. Sounds neat for an intro, but for a static menu screen something more subtle would be a better fit.

^ Top  
  7. Sneaky Seal Aurum Dust Developer

Sneaky Seal
    Parrots:
    Thank you guys. We will still use it as the main musical theme and for the menu we're trying to add some moving objects on the background to make it work. I will share it here once we put it together to see whether it works.

For now - you can check out another wonderful work of Adam Skorupa, The Witcher's composer — the gloomy enses' theme, mysterious aliens from the unknown universe who will try to stop everyone who will be in their way.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. HoboForEternity Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    those tracks are great. the battle theme below isn't that great when listened alone, but pretty sure it will be better while playing and assessing your battlefield. i guess the point is to give the player the right mood while not detract their thinking with overly catchy music

^ Top  
  9. Sneaky Seal Aurum Dust Developer

Sneaky Seal
    Parrots:
    Yeah, it's supposed to serve as a background and also probably be looped, so it's a bit more settled. I personally like how ominous it sounds.

^ Top  
  10. I'm With Her Severian Silk for prison Arcane

Severian Silk
    Parrots:
    What is Ash of Gods?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Sneaky Seal Aurum Dust Developer

Sneaky Seal
    Parrots:
    Ash of Gods is а TBS RPG that features most of the typical elements of a visual novel and card strategy. You can learn more about the game HERE.

Also check our developer diaries:

click to read #1
    click to read #2
    click to read #3

^ Top  
  12. Sneaky Seal Aurum Dust Developer

Sneaky Seal
    Parrots:
    A short video behind the curtains of making of Ash of Gods main theme. Stunning Magdalena Przychodzka recording vocal part.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)