Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My Minotaur

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Hey guys just to let you know, we have received another request from Tomas. I have removed his e-mail address from this thread as it's just not right to have that shit around for spambots.

However, before we can remove the image I'm sure you can appreciate our need to verify that Tomas is indeed the author and as such, I have sent an e-mail to him outlining an easy and commonly used way so that he can prove that.

Because we believe in openness and transparency, a copy of my e-mail to Tomas is below:
  • Dear Tomas,

Thank you for your request regarding an image on our forum which you alledge is yours. Before we can act on your request to remove the image in question, we must first verify that you are indeed the author of the work.

Unfortunately simply stating that you sign your work "toro" is not sufficient proof, as anyone could make such a claim. Indeed, if we were to accept such a level of proof, anyone could make any claim they wished even regarding work they didn't create. For example, I could contact websites saying I sign my artwork "Toro" and the image is therefore mine.

Thankfully, many law firms offer a service which easily verifies proof of authorship by allowing you to lodge your artwork with them as proof of ownership. As such, we will accept as proof a letter from your lawyer stating:
    - that they hold a copy of the artwork in question.
    - the date you lodged the artwork with them.
    - verifying that Tomas Rosales of is the author.
    - confirming that the work is an original work and thus is subject to copyright.

Please note that the date of lodgement will have to be prior to the date of the post in question.

If you are able to have your lawyer verify this to us in writing, we will look into your request further.

We look forward to the prompt receipt of the letter from your lawyer.

Yours sincerely,[/list]
    This is just to let you know that the Administrators here are taking this request seriously and are looking into the matter appropriately.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Codex is no place for piracy, it's time some plebs learn the lesson! There ain't no picture theft going on here without DU making wrong to right and stuff! I'm glad we still listen to reasonable lawyers, it wouldn't be the same Codex I joined otherwise. Proud to be legal!

Wha..? This place is what caused me to not remove a lot of shitty games i didn't want to pay for from the inventory to begin with.

To politicians this is known as pirating... But to the rest of the universe it is known as... the codex effect. :epic music and intro sequence:

oldschool

Scholar
I thought this was gonna be like MyBrute, where we all make gay little minotaurs and watch them wrestle and stuff. I am very disappointed.

Also, it's "allege", not "alledge". Just saying...

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
oldschool said:
I thought this was gonna be like MyBrute, where we all make gay little minotaurs and watch them wrestle and stuff. I am very disappointed.

Fuck me I thought the exact same thing.

Lumpy

Arcane
tr.gif
Why is this not a smiley?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom