Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My one and only post here

Psilon

Erudite
Well, I turned Baba Yaga into a frog in Quest for Glory, killed Thor innumerable times in God of Thunder, and blew up numerous ecosystems in Master of Orion 2 and Age of Wonders. Are there any games out there that let you commit Wiccan blasphemies, then? I want the whole set of pagan excommunications on a single hard drive!

corvax

Augur
What blasphemy. You're so gonna burn in ehh...shit you're gonna burn somewhere.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
No, we're turning Codex to "Putting the 'blasphemy' back in RPG". There hasn't been enough religious hatred for my taste lately. I preferred the good ol' 'Tabletop RPGs and cRPGs and computers and your dog turn children into satanists!" to 'OMG gamez are brutal, plz b& them'.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Baba Jaga or (Yaga for you Westerners) would classify as religion(s).
Baba yaga is a stuff of childern's fairy tails here in Russia.

First: "pagan" isnt a religion
It is a religion.
They worship multiple gods.
Greeks were pagans. Ancient slavs were. Scandinavians etc etc..
All fantasy exists on paganism.

chaedwards

Liturgist
Paganism is a descriptive term used to describe many polytheistic religions, such as those practised by the ancient Greeks, Scandinavians, Celts etc. It's not a religion in and of itself, but a blanket term for many different ones.

corvax

Augur
mEtaLL1x said:
Baba yaga is a stuff of childern's fairy tails here in Russia.
Yes it's a rather silly concept in pretty much all Slavic countries. However her origins are deeply rooted within ancient Slavic mythology. I guess out of all the pagan dieties she's got "bastardized" the most.

Cholo

Arcane
This place sure does seem to attract shallow, 'edgy' contrarians who'd probably be more comfortable at 4chan, funny to see how things never really change.

Good necro Sranchammer

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
3108.jpg

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Holy fucking necro.

Did someone already note that the TC made 3 posts? fucking liar.

tindrli

Arcane
This is one of the few places where you can speak freely god damn !!!! so i dont give a fuck

NSFW Somewhere in the Caribbean
o5RRqQ.gif

Kem0sabe

Arcane
This wiil be my one and only post here, my first and last. I initially found the site when one of your RPG reviews was referenced elsewhere and frequently read your news. Then I made the mistake of looking at your Forums or should I say your fervently opinionated ravings, utterly malicious statements. I actually felt embarrassed to be even slightly associated with such a site.

Goodbye to more than decent news and articles. I will not miss the profanity, narrowmindedness, and dedicated bias of some of your writers. You've got some decent people here but there also appears to be a few rotton apples ruining the bushel. I prefer not to be associated with the rot.

As I said, hello and goodbye. The French say "adieu" which means "goodbye forever".

It shows a post count of 3 for this degenerate mainlander. As all mainlanders will invariably do, this one lies! It's not 1 post... but 3!

tindrli

Arcane
This wiil be my one and only post here, my first and last. I initially found the site when one of your RPG reviews was referenced elsewhere and frequently read your news. Then I made the mistake of looking at your Forums or should I say your fervently opinionated ravings, utterly malicious statements. I actually felt embarrassed to be even slightly associated with such a site.

Goodbye to more than decent news and articles. I will not miss the profanity, narrowmindedness, and dedicated bias of some of your writers. You've got some decent people here but there also appears to be a few rotton apples ruining the bushel. I prefer not to be associated with the rot.

As I said, hello and goodbye. The French say "adieu" which means "goodbye forever".

It shows a post count of 3 for this degenerate mainlander. As all mainlanders will invariably do, this one lies! It's not 1 post... but 3!

and probably every third Bro mentioned it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom