Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My Summer Car - the Ultimate fuck-you-Datsun Simulator

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I want a bus, taxi or something. Driving to the shop is too dangerous.

There's the boat you can take straight to Peräjärvi across the lake, but apparently loading it up with peer is fucky atm.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Installing exhaust pipe is hard? Naaah...

20161026212043_1.jpg

That feeling when you get fined even when not speeding.

20161028160601_1.jpg

But the alcoholism of Finnish police during the 90s was appalling

20161028160719_1.jpg

Just look at this poor officer... what a disgrace

20161028161003_1.jpg

In a small village everyone knows each other. Here the nearby shopkeeper is making a home call.

20161028161638_1.jpg

I feel that there is something... uh... peculiar about the tastes of the player character...

20161028164010_1.jpg

20161028165728_1.jpg

... Somberlain, is that you?

Last edited:

Norfleet

Hmm. You know, that raises an interesting question: How *IS* Nazi Germany seen in Finland, anyway? They were allied during the war, fighting against the Soviet Union, and unlike Japan, we never stomped on them and tried to beat it out of them, not entirely successfully: Nazi imagery is far more common in Asia, where it never developed a horrible rep as the Nazis never did anything to them and all the things they did happened only to weird foreigners nobody really cares about.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hmm. You know, that raises an interesting question: How *IS* Nazi Germany seen in Finland, anyway? They were allied during the war, fighting against the Soviet Union, and unlike Japan, we never stomped on them and tried to beat it out of them, not entirely successfully: Nazi imagery is far more common in Asia, where it never developed a horrible rep as the Nazis never did anything to them and all the things they did happened only to weird foreigners nobody really cares about.

Pretty much the same as everywhere else. At the end of the war, Germans burned down Lapland as they retreated, which definitely made them unpopular. Post-war everything end everyone related to Nazi Germany was shunned, even Finnish soldiers who fought in the war alongside the German troops. Finland is still relatively nationalistic, so putting up another nation's flags and symbols is generally seen as a traitorous action. In general if people do that, they are either dumb as bricks or then trolling.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Pretty much the same as everywhere else. At the end of the war, Germans burned down Lapland as they retreated, which definitely made them unpopular. Post-war everything end everyone related to Nazi Germany was shunned, even Finnish soldiers who fought in the war alongside the German troops. Finland is still relatively nationalistic, so putting up another nation's flags and symbols is generally seen as a traitorous action. In general if people do that, they are either dumb as bricks or then trolling.
Detachment Kuhlmey pretty much saved our independence, though. Or at least played a crucial role. I think you have to differentiate between SS and Wehrmacht/Luftwaffe.

toroid

Arcane
Welp, turns out fatigue can kill faster than I expected. Didn't sleep for about two days and got a taste of some permadeath. Fuck.
I guess I need to start memorizing the sizes of all the nuts and bolts so I can get back to where I left off more quickly.. I kinda wish they indicated their size when targeted.

Neki

Scholar
I Don't know who made this game, but he\she\it is my new favorite person on the world.

agris

Arcane
Patron
First, I'd like to thank the Codex for introducing me to this game.

Second, for the game items with Finnish text like the maps, newspapers, car parts magazines- when we play in English, do we see English text? If not, how do we know what car parts to mail order?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
There is English translation for everything relevant, like the car inspection sheet etc. Mail order also comes with pictures, which should be mostly self-explanatory.

imajia

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
FFS, this game can be frustrating. Burnt 15h to assemble the car before it finally started. After a certain point I started to make backups of the save. Fuck permadeath.
Tested the car and it ran like shit and overheated quickly. Screw it, the inspector will probably not care.
On my way to the inspection, I was overtaken by another car which crashed into a truck on the other lane, bounced back and crashed into me. Dead.
Next try.
On my way to the inspection, another car drove on the wrong side and crashed into me. Dead.
Next try.
On my way to the inspection, I had to slow down to avoid overheating and the car behind me crashed into me. Dead.
Next try.
Drove to the garage and hoped that the mechanic repairs whatever is wrong with my car, which he didn't. So be it, I'll find the error myself. Instead of pressing the key to show the finger while in the car, I accidentally kicked out my windscreen. At least I made it to the inspection and naturally it failed due to the missing windscreen. At least I got the achievement "money well spent".

Then I tried to fix the oil leak which caused the overheating. Which means disassembling the bloody engine until I find the screw(s) which I missed before. And got totally lucky. There was another 7mm screw somewhere in the engine which I missed and by pure chance hovered over the ghostimage. And I didn't have to dissassemble anything. YES! That's probably the best feature, that you can access all the screws even when the engine is assembled.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Yeah, I certainly miss that feature when fixing cars in real life...

Oh you want to change the windshield wiper washer pump?
- Jack the car up
- Remove left front wheel
- Remove mudguard
- Realize that to remove the mudguard you'll have to remove engine shield as well since one screw is placed facing INSIDE
- Replace the pump itself, takes 30 seconds

Norfleet

How can some countries have more players than owners? Don't pirated versions have to be de-steamed and thus invisible to this Steam spyware?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
How can some countries have more players than owners? Don't pirated versions have to be de-steamed and thus invisible to this Steam spyware?

Owner ratios are based on "total owners" (151,032) and player ratios are based on "players in the last 2 weeks" (39,950).

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

I have seen recent images of people with beer bellies, german Stahlhelm and real Nazi flags as decoration (not the Finish thingy), so I think nothing has changed at all. They go to their Saunas swith a Suomi SMG and once you are drunk on Finnish vodka you could wear a SS uniform and raise the right arm and no one will give a shit. I think Finns are quite simple people, they only want to be left alone, can you remember anything ever coming out of Finnland except Nokia, Vodka, machine guns and hockey players?

Norfleet

The main thing I know about Finland is that they're some of the deadliest people on the planet and you should never invade there or they will fuck you up. Other than that, people there are extremely quiet and never bother anyone.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think Finns are quite simple people, they only want to be left alone, can you remember anything ever coming out of Finnland except Nokia, Vodka, machine guns and hockey players?

Uh... SSH, IRC and this little thing called Linux, to name a few.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom