Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Naked Lunch against the forces of evil

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk ... hp?t=27296

Naked Lunch said:
Worm said:
Uh. So you're pissed of that no one is releasing carrot cake? The entire idea that game making or cake baking is some contest for the proper formula to emerge is insane. You're telling me that Arcanum wasn't similar to Fallout, and that Geneforge is entirely different from the both of them? Come off it man.

This entire imagined loss of RPGs to a bunch of guys who only care about graphics only serves as an invisible proselytizing point. We're all left wondering what the fuck your gripe is.
Yeah, uh, I didn't say any of that, man. I was just clarifying spiffy's point for equis, regardless of my view on it.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
They don't make cows like you anymore, Nudie! Good, but sadly pointless job!

I think you lack perspective. Just consider the final product if nothing else. No matter what metric you use, Oblivion is not a bad game.
Where the hell do these guys come from?

Gambler

Augur
I'm fighting the temptation to register on that forum just to continue bashing Oblivion.

John Yossarian

Magister
Well, for starters, you probably shouldn't have admitted to liking the RPG Codex site if you wanted to be taken seriously. It's full of cooks who haven't played more than a half-dozen games yet think that they are experts.
Anyone here running for office in the future, keep your shameful RPCodexing past to yourself. :roll:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I was in the student council once. I got kicked out for listening to "Crocket's Theme" (Jan Hammer, brilliant). I dread what would have happened if the Codex had been around that day and if I visited it.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
baby arm said:
Going to other forums to complain about Oblivion is so 2005. Danny Manoil would not be pleased.
Eh, I didn't go there specifically to bitch about OB and why I'm so friggen awesome, the topic just popped up.

God Bless Manoil :salute:

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Dang, I actually registered just to participate in that thread, and now it says I'm I can't post because I'm awaiting moderation queue, or something like that. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Oblivion on the other hand was a game where I could play a ninja. A ninja!! All it needed was to give me control of a ship and then I could have been a pirate ninja. And with vampirism, I could be an undead pirate ninja. Now, if they incorporate all that into Fallout 3, I'm hoping to play a cybernetic undead pirate ninja.

That's roleplaying.
:D

Zomg

Arbiter
What's the origin of QT3 anyway? I've browsed it a few times, and the discussions there are pretty much Penny Arcade-reading beige-gamer internet background radiation, but atypically they're written in competent human style grammar and for some reason around a quarter of the people post under their real name.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, for starters, you probably shouldn't have admitted to liking the RPG Codex site if you wanted to be taken seriously. It's full of cooks who haven't played more than a half-dozen games yet think that they are experts.

I'm trying to remember the last time I cooked something that didn't involve pulling it out of a box and shoving it in the microwave.

Twinfalls

Erudite
How does that dumb fucker play as a ninja when there aren't any thrown weapons anymore, there's no climbing, and all the wacky-assed japanese style swords have been ditched as well?

Great work in that thread Lunchboy, pleasure to read.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Twinfalls said:
How does that dumb fucker play as a ninja when there aren't any thrown weapons anymore, there's no climbing, and all the wacky-assed japanese style swords have been ditched as well?

I'm sorry to say that there are actually Katana's in Oblivion, and he probably bought some black clothes, and had high sneak & acrobatics. Obviously a Ninja... probably with an ebony bow too. Oh, and a shield tucked in the back pocket for those crucial battles. :roll:

Remember kids, rollplaying == pretending

Twinfalls

Erudite
Hazelnut said:
he probably bought some black clothes

only they removed the unarmored skill. And he can't wear armour with clothes anymore.

Oh, and a shield tucked in the back pocket for those crucial battles. :roll:

Ha! And a full set of Ebony armour which he quickly whips on before battle (sitting down to do it since he's ROLEPALYING!) and a back-up Daedric axe just in case you know.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Yep, you've got it. You are now a certified rollplayer Twinnie. Congratulations!

:twisted:

Lumpy

Arcane
Main quest was a linear shitbomb of fed-ex quests and retardation. What if I don't want to help the prince? What if I want to kill his ass and join Mehrunes? Oh wait can't becasue Beth is one of the most short-sighted and moronic developers of the last 6 years.
Moron. Don't help the fucking prince. At least in TES you can ignore the main quest.
Could you kick Xardas' ass in Gothic and join the Sleeper? Oh wait, you couldn't. But you couldn't even ignore the main quest, unless you want to spend all the time killing meatbugs and beating up Mud.

About characters you can make, four in my opinion: Fighter, Mage, Thief and Assassin. The Mages Guild involves a lot of combat, but didn't Daggerfall's? Besides, there was a fair share of non-combat quests.

On the rest, you're right.

Hazelnut

Erudite
I feel like they promised me a pail full of every kind of lego brick, and instead gave me a cartload of rounded pebbles.

That is surely the best single sentance summing up of the whole Oblivion debacle! Brilliant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom