Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Naked Lunch against the forces of evil

Gambler

Augur
You're thinking too hard!
I'm thinking, yes.

You're not using your imagination!
Don't need to, logic covers it all.

It's all subjective!
This is just your opinion.

It could be worse!
It could be better.

You don't know what innovation truly is
But I'm most certain that inventing new shades of horrible is not it.

Etcetra. The fun part about being "arrogant" is that after couple of threads like that you know 90% of all responces in advance. Most of them amount to "I like X, so shut up" and "your objectivity is subjective in my head." Thus, the so-called "arrogance" becomes completely justified by any standards.

onerobot

Scholar
Don't make me start with the personal attacks until we completely forget what we were arguing about.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Wow, i didn't know about the Mutant Army taking over towns thing in Fallout. That would've been a nifty on/off option along with difficulty levels.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
You know, for the life of me, I could just never save the Necropolis. I'd always get caught up in enjoying random encounters (I love shooting Humans in that game) that I could never bring myself to douse the Master in time. I've even plaed games where I've tried. I've thought "Hey, save Necropolis, work fast!" and I just... can't.

They are bothered by your rather silly hyperbola.

Jesus, if that isn't sig-worthy I don't know what is.

Roleplaying isn't jumping going "I am Morhpaneinalian'2wqn, son of Bergienonanai , Lord of Cockland. I killed my father and for pennace I will jump everywhere I go."

Hahaha, more good stuff. That one brought tears to my eyes, it did.

Twinfalls

Erudite
worm said:
Originally Posted by Naked_Lunch
In Wizardry 8 you could bribe NPCs, pickpocket them, persuade them, seduce them,
Woah, roleplaying depth. This isn't the kind of stuff that can be consolidated into a presuasion skill, shit no!

...and worm is defending Oblivion's implementation of persuasion here. This is the kind of raw data alien anthropologists of the distant future will use to chart the stages of humanity's rapid and horrifying devolution.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Naked lunch hoped Oblivion would be good? Somehow I got a different impression back then...

Rhombus

Liturgist
No, he was sceptic to the promises and hyperbole Todd and Pete were using, and when he got what he was expecting instead of what he was promised.. it pissed him off.

Twinfalls said:
worm said:
Originally Posted by Naked_Lunch
In Wizardry 8 you could bribe NPCs, pickpocket them, persuade them, seduce them,
Woah, roleplaying depth. This isn't the kind of stuff that can be consolidated into a presuasion skill, shit no!

...and worm is defending Oblivion's implementation of persuasion here. This is the kind of raw data alien anthropologists of the distant future will use to chart the stages of humanity's rapid and horrifying devolution.

... or is the reason why aliens will decide to exterminate us instead of letting us be apart of the enlightened future of cybernetic undead pirate ninjas...

Can't get that out of my head.. so cool.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
You know, what you just said doesn't make any sense. You might want to consider learning to come up with better insults.

Oh, and if you're curious, I've actually been a member for quite sometime now.

onerobot

Scholar
Sol Invictus said:
You know, what you just said doesn't make any sense. You might want to consider learning to come up with better insults.

Oh, and if you're curious, I've actually been a member for quite sometime now.

He was referring to your social ostracization, not your ability to post you sentient enema.

Comment about reading comprehension, followup insult, etc.

John Yossarian

Magister
Spacemoose said:
nah, they're more like the bootlickers at hellgateguru
I had never visited them, and out of curiosity I tried, turns out im banned. Seems like Sol banned me from all sites he could after my tubgirl at RPGFront. Is anonymouse safe to use?

AmazingSteve

Novice
Spazmo said:
Dude, shut up. You haven't got 9,000 posts, therefore you are irrelevant.
Wait, neither do you. Are you saying that everyone BUT Vicky is irrelevant? Because, Damn.

Plenty of people talk too much. That doesn't make what they say any more important. Usually the opposite.

Lumpy

Arcane
AmazingSteve Meister?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom