Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Need good recent popamole shoota

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

I've beaten Marine campaign a few years ago and it was utter crap, worst mouse support ever alone makes it unplayable. ?
Whats wrong with the mouse? Anyway i played and finished it twice, really enjoyable. Has flaws compared to its predecessor, but what game doesnt nowadays. Loved the melee combat and the multiplayer was great too.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Talking about Dead Space, 2 had a pretty good 'alien vs humans' multiplayer, but I doubt that anyone still plays it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I couldn't force myself to finish a few first levels in original CoJ (let alone to beat the whole geam) and didn't bother with its sequels, is Gunslinger significatly better than the first one?

Yes, improvemenets are noticable. Except the 3rd one - The Cartel. Avoid it like a plague.

Far Cry - Blood Dragon is better, less collecting, it's shorter (so you have chance to finish it before you die from boredom). And you can get it in recent CDA for five dorra. You don't need to play FC3 and you shouldn't actually, less chance for pushoff after shootin'n'looting chore in FC3.
FC3 is a chore with these collecting bullshit and AI suck balls. Worse than old one from FC1.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Syndicate (story is meh, cover mechanics are unnecessary, shooting is fun on the hard difficulty, music is pretty nice)
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy (story is nice, shooting is fun, cool atmosphere)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I couldn't force myself to finish a few first levels in original CoJ

:shunthenonbeliever:

didn't bother with its sequels

And you shouldn't, CoJ2 and 3 are terribad.

is Gunslinger significatly better than the first one?

Whether it's significantly better is a matter for another discussion, but it's significantly different, that's for sure. Gunslinger is essentially an arcadey shooting gallery with over-the-top everything and score numbers flying everywhere

buzz

Arcane
CoJ2 is Call of Dooty in the Wild West. It's okay if you can turn off your brain, the CoD formula works a bit better for slower and less accurate weapons.
CoJ3 is Gunslinger, I don't know what the fuck is Roxor smoking but Gunslinger is pretty cool.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ye, Gunslinger is the most fun singleplayer shooter I played in last few years. Definetly worth the monehz. Bit short tho, 5-6 hours for the main campaign but there's Arcade mode and New Game+. I got fun 10+ hours out of it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Sometimes the codex truly disgusts me

:popamole:

The Codex truly disgusts you, and that's why you link to someone playing the game like a retard?

If you play it by hugging every damn wall like it's Gears of War, then you have only yourself to blame.

DramaticPopcorn

If you have friends

EYE
I'm considering playing this game soon, why "if you have friends"?
E.Y.E.'s weird as fuck character system, mission variety, massive levels, and fun weapons make it a rough, first-person shooter equivalent of playing a pen & paper RPG while flat drunk. It really should not be played solo. If you aren't super jumping at 100 miles an hour over your friend (who just happens to be a scantily armored man carrying a minigun twice the size of his torso) while shooting your loud-as-all-fuck vacuum cleaner submachine gun fifty times per second into a Russianaponese Mad Max 2 extra until he ragdolls forty yards away and over a cliff, you're not getting the complete E.Y.E. experience.
Best.
Pitch.
Ever.
I'm sold.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Astral Rag game got a combo system where you have to shoot something every 4 seconds to keep the combo rolling. It means you gotta keep moving and shooting constantly trying to keep the combo. Bigger combo nets more xp, xp unlocks upgrades. So its up to the player if they wanna play it like Gears of War or like its meant to be played.

Cadmus

Arcane
Guys I've been bitchslapped redirected here by a moderator.
I want a good, recent, NON-POPAMOLE shooter.

You know, the kind with 9 guns bound to numbers 1-9, good sound, gore, no pop ups "press E to open door" , no intro cutscene, no slow movement, no space marine faggotry, no regenerating health.
Can you help me?

TripJack

Hedonist

You know, the kind with 9 guns bound to numbers 1-9, good sound, gore, no pop ups "press E to open door" , no intro cutscene, no slow movement, no space marine faggotry, no regenerating health.
doesn't exist

Cadmus

Arcane

doesn't exist
Please, I'm being serious =/ I'm afraid you too...

TripJack

Hedonist
i'm being serious too bro

take out the no intro cutscene and no slow movement requirements and serious sam 3 qualifies i guess

Can you help me?

Dark Salvation -> old school fps mixed with 3d platformer (blend of Quake, Hexen 2 and Montezuma's Return), released in 2009.

aczdzs.jpg

dark_salvation_demo_topimage.jpg

Dark%20Salvation%202.jpg

shot0412ds.jpg

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane

Can you help me?

Dark Salvation -> old school fps mixed with 3d platformer (blend of Quake, Hexen 2 and Montezuma's Return), released in 2009.

Dark-Salvation-Front-Cover-36255.jpg

dark_salvation_demo_topimage.jpg

Dark%20Salvation%202.jpg

shot0412ds.jpg
The shotgun is looking familiar, but maybe it just reminds me of Painkiller. I just installed Serious Sam 3 and it's a bit better than I expected but it certainly isn't all that great - the waves upon waves of enemies aren't much fun so far.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Just wait for last level.... if you remember the last levels of older Serious Sam games then you know what to expect.

FuelBlooded

Scholar

Can you help me?
you can always download mods for HL1/2, Quake, Doom.

Eyeball

Arcane
I recommend Shadow Warrior. Sure, it's a disgrace to the Shadow Warrior name and gets pretty repetitive fast but godDAMN is that some cool 1st person swordslashing action! The guns themselves range from being situational to generally useless, but the fast pace of the game and hectic swordfightery make SW2 a game well worth getting at a discount sale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom