Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Need New MMO, Codexian Assistance

Xenich

Cipher
Project 1999 (http://www.project1999.com/)

If you prefer as true as possible to old school EQ.

Shards of Dalaya (http://shardsofdalaya.com/)

If you would like a twist on old EQ with different rule sets, content, names, etc... changed. (not typical old school, but still interesting).

flabbyjack

Arcane
Dudes seriously?

Ultima Online ftw.

Full loot, skill based character progression, houses, recall/teleportation spells, dragon taming, PvP, PvE/PvM, roleplayers, what more could you want?!?

proskier

Barely Literate
Hopefully you guys don't tear my game apart, but I played Dransik my entire childhood. It was the best game ever and I taught myself programming just so I could make my own. For the past 4 years I have been coding my own tribute to Dransik. My game is Kisnard Online

http://www.kisnardonline.com/features/

2d, 32 bit graphics, live action, fantasy, medieval mmorpg!, Backpack/Bank, Character Equipment, Race/Stats, Skills/Leveling, Quests, Shops, Guilds, PvM/PvP, Crafting

2d_gameplay_mmorpg.png

weapon_trade_defense_misc_skills.png

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hopefully you guys don't tear my game apart, but I played Dransik my entire childhood. It was the best game ever and I taught myself programming just so I could make my own. For the past 4 years I have been coding my own tribute to Dransik. My game is Kisnard Online
You realize that these desperate attempts at beggary in arbitrary threads by broke and delusional indie developers comes off as exactly that right? Why do you (plural) keep going?

Angthoron

Arcane
You realize that these desperate attempts at beggary in arbitrary threads by broke and delusional indie developers comes off as exactly that right? Why do you (plural) keep going?
Now now, it looks like his game is free. Give it a try!

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Now now, it looks like his game is free. Give it a try!
57483573.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane

http://www.kisnardonline.com/features/

2d, 32 bit graphics, live action, fantasy, medieval mmorpg!, Backpack/Bank, Character Equipment, Race/Stats, Skills/Leveling, Quests, Shops, Guilds, PvM/PvP, Crafting

2d_gameplay_mmorpg.png

weapon_trade_defense_misc_skills.png

We give you 5 minutes to run away before we start hunting you and shooting...

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
I've just returned from a long assignment overseas back home to the United States and treated myself to a new computer for my birthday. Returning to a fast, reliable Internet connection, I began to check out old MMO favorites and some new titles, and quickly found myself face to face with the dreaded DECLINE. In summary:

MMOs I Like But Have Played To Death: Everquest 2, The Secret World

MMOs I Like But Have Died: Vanguard

MMOs I Never Really Liked: WoW, Rift, Eve

MMOs I Have Tried This Week and Found Lacking: ArcheAge, The Elder Scrolls Online

I hope to Gygax-in-the-Sky that there is some other MMO out there for me to adopt as a hobby, because, damn, it's looking pretty damn bleak out there. I'm hoping I've missed something being as out of the loop as I was for so long.

Please help a Codexer down on his luck, point me in the right direction!

think you'd like stuff like wurm online/ life is feudal/ etc?

grimace

Arcane
Shroud of the Avatar ??

Shroud of the Avatar is shaping up nicely in its pre-alpha state. The community members who are active in the game host many role play events. I've been playing each pre-alpha release and have enjoyed playing with other players.

The player town and housing system under development is creating a very interactive sandbox environment.

Here's what to expect:

• Episodic Content: Shroud of the Avatar will consist of five episodes that will tell a series of virtue based stories created by Richard Garriott and Tracy Hickman. All supported by a series of prequel novels starting with Blade of the Avatar.
  • Single Player Offline Mode: Players will adventure through over 40 hours of story in an interactive world where their choices have consequences, ethical paradoxes give them pause, and they play a vital part in weaving their own story into the immersive world and lore surrounding them.
  • Selective Multiplayer Modes: If you want to go through the story online you can play with everyone in a single world with three different online modes (Single Player, Friends Only, and Open).
  • Classless Character System: Vast customization options with hundreds of skills and spells in over 20 different skill trees.
  • Skillful Combat: A new way to prepare and fight in an RPG by building custom decks of skills and dynamically activating them in combat.
  • PVP: Consensual with Open PVP flags, zones, and Guild Warfare.
  • Player Housing: Non instanced, finite, and embedded in the world with multiple group living options.
  • Player Driven Economy: Deep crafting system where the best items are made by players and player items are the main source of loot found in the game.
  • Pay Once to Play: No subscription fees. Each episode (released approximately annually) is a one time fee and everything in the game can be purchased with in game gold that can be earned (except for some exclusive backer rewards).
  • Social: Full Guild System, Highly Active Community and Player Owned Towns.
  • Crowd Sourced & Funded: Support the project by contributing content (and receive compensation) or by pledging (and receive exclusive rewards).
  • Open Development: Players help shape the game by giving feedback on monthly early access releases, videos, weekly updates, blog postings, forums, chat, etc.

KevinV12000

Arcane
I thank everyone who helped me out here, for your time and your advice. I found out about a lot of games, and a lot of projects like SWG-Emulator, that I had not known anything about. I really appreciate the input.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom