Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Need suggestion for ps3 "warriors" series

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Hello brethren, I need some help in choosing which Dynasty or Samurai Warriors to pick for a PS3.
I am interested in the Empires version as I recall having fun with Samurai Warrriors 2 Empires on PS2.
Which should I pick?

newtmonkey

Arcane
As a longtime fan of the series, Warriors Orochi 3 is the best single game to have imo. It has tons of characters, a fun weapon upgrade system, is one of the better looking games in the series, and the stages are all very interesting/memorable. It mixes Samurai Warriors with Dynasty Warriors and adds a team system, where you can go into battle with 3 characters, and switch them in and out as needed.

Samurai Warriors 4 is really good, but the Samurai Warriors games are pretty unique compared with the rest of the series. You are typically bombarded with missions throughout each level, which means stages tend to be pretty linear since failing these missions can often end the stage.

Dynasty Warriors 8 is really excellent, and is a return to form after the horrible 6 and boring 7. I would suggest this over the SW4 personally, but a lot depends on whether you are more interested in Chinese or Japanese "history."

The Empires games have been hit or miss lately, so if you want to go that route you should do a lot of research beforehand.

You didn't mention this in your post, but I would stay away from all other games in the series (Gundam, Troy, Fist of the North Star) as they are all pretty awful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom