Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline NEO Scavenger: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival RPG

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
The best thing about the game is that you always want to read more of those little lore tidbits while minding your daily survival bits. Supernatural stuff mixed with local folklore, the "The Road" feeling and also the Cyberpunk stuff in the City, the stories in the newspaper how the world went to shit.
It's awesome.

Multi-headed Cow

Yup. One of the few games I actually enjoy the lore and setting. Even in other games I enjoy playing like my Bethesda hiking sims I don't really give a fuck about Tamriel and (usually) don't read the lore books. Morrowind squeezed more interest out of me but Morrowind's Morrowind.

Multi-headed Cow

You can put the cloth sack the injuns make there, too. Not as much space, but much easier to obtain.
Oh, nice. I never bought one because it always looked dinky and I basically always had SOMETHING better by the time I got there. Don't always have a duffel though so that actually makes the sack valuable.

Perkel

Arcane
fuck i cough some disease. Once a while my dude vomits, gets dizzy or shits his pants.

NV googles are fucking stellar. Best item in game so far. Since i got this i find ton of loot and for most of the time i have max safety.
Lockpicking is also glorious. I know you can find lockpicks but making myself those is awesome. Found safe with like 700$ worth of meds

Also huge tip. I discovered this just like 5 minutes ago.

When you go to sleep remember to get your bags on ground or into camp. This way they won't be worn and won't loose condition.
This is huge for example if you are trying to heal yourself up which can take few days. In case of shitty big sack it is difference like 10% through the night.

Now i have shotgun full of ammo + 308scoped with mag full of fmj for those dogman fuckers.

:australia:

Also is there any way to explore city ? I mean i have 3 places and city looks soo fucking cool

Multi-headed Cow

That's a pretty cool protip on the bags. Never thought of it but it makes sense. Thanks bro.

Perkel

Arcane
Gotta be careful they don't get nicked though.

That is why you need it to put them in your camp. Also having noise trap helps a lot.

I have smartphone tablet and laptop.

I think i will wait few days and see what memory stick hold up

agris

Arcane
Patron
Hey Perkel where did you get both of these 3x3 slots from?

7sTkTL6.jpg

The long cargo pants only give one 3x3, iirc.

Perkel

Arcane
Oh fucking great.

I rented again car in city to sleep for next 24 hours. Set my things in it. Started to sleep. Hour later it fucked me up to rent a car for some reason. Rented again 24h annnndddd all of my things are fucking gone. My duffle bag and two other ones.

fuck bugs. At least i have my two guns loaded with ammo.
Though my 1500$ medkit full of drugs is lost.

The worst thing is that i had pistol there with magazine (no ammo though) which could be super handy if i had hunting vest.

AMG

Arbiter
It's obvious there is some typical modder stuff going on in his game. Cans look differently, doesn't smoke status, hood is put up, new items, etc.

Multi-headed Cow

How can it be a cRPG? It doesn't even have romances. You can't even hire the hooker if you get the pimp random encounter for heaven's sake!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
How can it be a cRPG? It doesn't even have romances. You can't even hire the hooker if you get the pimp random encounter for heaven's sake!

We can only hope that in the future, he can learn from such excellent cRPG designers like BioWare and Bethesda to include these types of incredible cRPG mechanics in future titles. Perhaps in NEO Scavenger: The Pimpining we will finally see such excellence in cRPG design.

Perkel

Arcane
that additional 3x3 is belt though it can be only used for small things instead of for example tarp.

I am using neo expanded or something called this way and today i upgraded to shoulder mod.

As of modding Expanded mod adds ton of new things + for example new combat moves. Dogmen can for example bite now.
Played two whole days without mods and frankly i don't see it changing anything. Still best way to move things is something like boxcart or sled.

though i would prefer that it would be a little more realistic.

I mean for example jeans should be 1x3 and 1x3 isntead of 2x3.
Hoodie should have this 2x3 but when you put there something weighty then condition should degrade faster

Also there are some good changes:

-All lighters are refillable now. They cannot be used as payment in Zom Zom's. They cannot be used as light source when looting in the dark, giving torches more importance.

no lighter scuming now has to have torch or flare which gives out your position and are quickly spent.

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Eh, not a fan of modding things so early in the games lifetime. Plus, there's always the usual modder shenangians..

Sykar

Arcane
We can only hope that in the future, he can learn from such excellent cRPG designers like BioWare and Bethesda to include these types of incredible cRPG mechanics in future titles. Perhaps in NEO Scavenger: The Pimpining we will finally see such excellence in cRPG design.

Next gen Bioderp games will include fappening for lonely poor desperate souls without an ongoing romance stuck in the middle of nowhere! :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom