Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Or update professions while posting drank on teh Codex.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The tasks are weblinks, so just copy it when slotting it the first time and paste it for the next 2. Still takes a shitload of time to update leadership for 7 chars via gateway (hello laggy interface and random freezes), with you having... about 20 it will be even more fun!

Vaarna_Aarne

Part of the reason why I got the Men-At-Arms. Two hours window is plenty of time to lazily update the tasks.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah, sorry, I finished earlier but then went and was doing dailies and forgot to send them back.

By the way here's my witch wearing proper Drow garments.
Might need to work on the colors a bit.

TrjV1xW.png

Vaarna_Aarne

Warlock's a little on the straightforward side as far as classes go (though the way Curse is used not only as a primer tap for most spells, but as a "trigger" for secondary effects for other spells is kinda cool), but at least they've got some nice style to their moves:

cpNKD2H.jpg

The aforementioned left hand tossing. It's actually also the first ranged/melee hybrid at-will, at melee range instead of tossing left hands as projectiles the Warlock just whails on the target with the green left hand (faster attack rate + enemy damage debuff stacks).

852ZIvn.jpg

Sometimes I think the spell names are purposefully misleading. Pillar of Power is actually a circle and its damage trap is actually a tentacle attack, and there's absolutely nothing involving stealing in Dreadtheft.

vtG9BrQ.jpg

Seeing how Dreadtheft is actually Special Beam Cannon. Incidentally, one of the more interesting AoE roomsweeper spells in the game, though I do wish it had free-floating aim option as well as target tracking like it does now.

vFmkNE8.jpg

Warlock also gets the very first regular (albeit green) fireball.

iq3CEbe.jpg

Brood of Hadar is among the coolest looking single target Dailies, and dailies in general. Bat-spooge monsters could use a little work on their bodies tho.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I wish I hadn't leveled a GF not so long ago, my motivation to level the whorelock is not as high as I hoped it would be. :cry:
Aside from the class quests it feels more like a chore than having fun running through all those areas again. I guess I will stick to killing the dragon and an occasionally hour of IMAFIRINGMALASUH!
Am I just imagening it, or is the WL pretty easymode in combat?

eklektyk

Erudite
i kinda dont want to grind thru this neff class without making it draco race but im not shelling 7500 potatos for that cosmetic skin ...

besides summer festival is nearly upon us ...tremble mortals and prepare urs anuses for that grind

rejoyce i say !!!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Since I got stupid steam for PE Beta I went to download this because it's 'free'. I didn't even get past the patching. HOLY FUCK! That's fukkin' ridiculously large. LMAO Playing a dwarf isn't THAT important to me. :P

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, I'll park my alts there at least. If those mounts are BoE, we should clear up some space in the vault for stingy people to pick up some pretty pretty horsies and prize-winning piggies to replace bog standard mounts.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The armored boar looks surpsingly good and doesn't come with the "it was fun for a while" the piggy has. It also requires you to only click on the npc for 10 days instead of 15. :incline:
This is a festival I like, minimal effort for a nice reward and a little more effort for the fashion stuff. A campfire right beside the npc makes it even better: just talk to her during praycycle.
Definitly better than the last crappy event.
Too bad the new campaign isn't as quick as the dread ring, I don't have the endurance to run it with more than 1-2 chars anymore.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
So coming back to the game after a few month hiatus, is it worth leveling a DPS character at the moment if I'm interested in group PvE content or should I just stick to leveling my Cleric? I rather like the Scourge Wizard's gameplay, but with the Cleric I rarely struggle to find groups for content.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Cleric is for fans and is usually forgotten by Craptic when it comes to patches and improvements. Before the last patch, groups usually wanted the great weapon fighter or control wizard, other classes got to make long faces. Hard to say how it will be now, since guardian fighter got a nice boost and I don't know yet how the whorelock's dps will compare to the wizard's. GWF and CW will still be a safe bet for groups I'd wager.
Vaarna_Aarne might be a better source for insight on the whorelock's role though.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, each alt has a first and foremost role of generating income through leveling Leadership (at Ld 20 and max level, each alt has a minimum daily income of 10k Astral Diamonds). I myself have fully leveled all of the classes, and I'd say the best choice for your "main" is the one you enjoy the most, since basic gearing is relatively simple, and once you have the chars at level cap the Campaigns are based on time-gated but low-intensity grind (ie, newest Campaign is ~25 minutes per day to double tap per character) so you can level up on the side when your active grinders clear their dailies.

Main gist is largely just to have Professions and Invocation unlocked (level 11 or 13, don't remember exactly), so you can work towards Leadership 20 and Praise Allah. Also, park all alts to the Summer Festival to get better quality mounts if you haven't purchased a Z-Mount.

Anyway, my prediction is that CW will still be preferred for groups because the damage is still very good (and Assailant is basically the hardest hitting thing in the game) and Wizards also have strong control ability even when specialized in killing things. Warlock's main gist is that they have special triggers and conditions for their spells, and they can unleash the kind of DoT damage spam that makes anyone shit their pants. The class is also at least theoretically pretty durable as well. At minimum I'd say Warlock will be at least as wanted as Rangers, so solid spot in any dungeon run. Probably the only class that's GUARANTEED to have a spot in any run now is the Guardian Fighter, since revamped Into The Fray is sooooooo gooooooooood.

My suggestion would be to stick with the class you enjoy playing best. Running Epic Dungeons with Raiders of the Lost Grimoire (our new Guild name) will be good regardless.

PS: Keep in mind that non-max level content is basically extended tutorial, with the exception of the newest Campaign (which is max level content but scales to let you start working on it early)

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Patched 6GB today to check it out again.

Into The Fray, how does it work? 25% of my dmg res as +DMG to all. How? Like if i have 50%, then do i give +12,5% dmg or do i give +12 base dmg to spells/weapons?

Sounds pretty good...i am having it on lvl 2 only :negative:

Vaarna_Aarne

In The Fray converts 25/37.5/50% of your DR rating into a damage bonus, which in case of 50% (approximate GF DR at max level with good gear) with Rank 3 Into The Fray would mean a damage bonus of 25%.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Butters! Come back to us and make us whole aGain! ?

As far as having only 2 points in the skill, it shouldn't take all too long to get a post level 60 bonus power point (which is a thing now).

Vaarna you forgot to set access to the new bank slot up.
While on that subject.... a little while back I set the permissions to the other bank slots to not include rank 1 as a safe guard against accidental guild invites to pugs. In the past I almost sent guild invites while group inviting so often that I thought it might only be a matter of time before I or someone else made the mistake. So whenever inviting a true blue member just be sure to promote to or past rank 2.

Vaarna_Aarne

Reposity 4 now available for use. Also IIRC that was always the set-up, that Rank 1's can't withdraw our shit.

sbb

Learned
I just started this game tonight. Is there a guild around here (some stuff on this page hints at yes...)?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Of course there is! The very prestigious "Raiders of the lost Grimoire" are the Codexian foothold in the troubled lands of Neverwinter! (rename due once Grimoire is released.. so never at all). Give us your charname@handler and we invite you.

Which spec should I pick for my GF now, haven't spend heroic feats yet. Into the fray has only one lousy point in it, so I guess it's a good thing I kept my skilltraitor token for a rainy day.

Also: if you guys have cloth, thread and the other non-food festival crafting materials you don't need, send them my way so I can make fancy clothes out of them for me! Well, for you as well if I have enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom