Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I can see a striking resemblence to your shiskebab wielding french dude. Must be the hairdo.

Gerrard

Arcane
Have no fear, the fun police is here.

• Guardian Fighter: Supremacy of Steel: Guardian Fighters will no longer be able to gain Action Points while Supremacy of Steel is active.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
What is the purpose of that lockbox exchange event they are currently running? Players are offered to exchange items from the new lockbox that hasn't even revealed yet to get a similar item from an old box? Is this supposed to lure players into opening the new ones without knowing what could be inside?

Wild Slop

Arcane
Wanting to throttle the XXXXtreme AP gain from Supremacy of Steel is understandable but to cut off it all entirely while it is active? :retarded:

I wonder how many months it will take till this is seen as a possible flaw, and then how long after that anything is done to correct it.

At least we got that one good run in.

Gerrard

Arcane
The best thing is Chris Meyer posted in the thread saying that "It's a bug". Suddenly, after 15 months of it being that way it's a bug.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
They must have assumed nobody's been using it aside from that brief time when it could trigger Steel Defense twice.

eklektyk

Erudite
i think since we beat firefucktarddung so nice and i "almost" died only one it basicly means we can rock&roll any dung except highend ones wher gearscore/campaign unlock will prevent us from attending en mass per guild roster

and btw new lockbox is kinda shitty - any thoughts ??? like ...dislike ??? discuss!!!!

Vaarna_Aarne

I'd say that we should never again enter a Dungeon without a KV Swordmaster (Swordmaster because of Steel Defense). Just from now on the KV guy will be using something other than SoS as their Limit Break.

eklektyk

Erudite
im up for all GF raids in future but for solo gf guild dungs i dont have good enough chars/equipmnet to make it smooth on my end [will need to go with cleric or wizard/warlock in such case]

Vaarna_Aarne

Alright Blib, here's how I'd start my current Spellstorm Thaumaturge build:

http://nwcalc.com/cw?b=nni:1nfav4:1ycydo,13h30h0:151000:1u50zp:100000&h=0&p=ssm

The priority list for PeePee is fully clearing Ice Knife, getting Ray of Enfeeblement, fully ranking Ice Storm, and fully ranking Arcane Singularity. You can also fit in Maelstrom of Chaos somewhere along the high end (say, place it before Ice Knife in the build) since it looks cool and is actually decent nowadays. It's not like you're just gonna use Oppressive Force 99% of the time.

Class Features slotted are Evocation and Storm Spell, for highest base damage. At-Wills are Magic Missile and Storm Pillar/Chilling Cloud (you can ditch Chilling Cloud/Storm Pillar for a lower priority and instead get some other spell; if you do so change the feat buff for it to Malevolent Surge); Mastery Spell is either Chill Strike/Icy Rays/Conduit of Ice/Icy Terrain/Repel Mastery; Encounters are Sudden Storm, Steal Time, and Shard. Dailies are Oppressive Force and something else (Maelstrom of Chaos for me because it's so cool). Storm Pillar/Chilling Cloud is an at-will you need to remember to use every now and then because of its long duration 5% damage buff. I tend to use Storm Pillar myself.

All stat points go to Intelligence and Charisma.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Thanks! It's going to feel like i bought the char from some chinese goldfarmer. 30+ levels of xp through praying made forget everything.

Vaarna_Aarne

The basic gist of playing a Thaumaturge wizard is this:

Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Anvil of Doom deals 87720 (41438) Physical Damage to Merothrax.

Daymn.

Hellfire@mmh157
level 54 warlock. in a week i did more than my rogue did in a whole month. i should be 60 in a few days.

who should i pester to join the codex guild?

bloodlover

Arcane
Is it true that they buffed the endgame bosses so hard that you can't progress without investing real cash? I saw a couple of complaints in different youtube videos.

Vaarna_Aarne

Hellfire@mmh157
level 54 warlock. in a week i did more than my rogue did in a whole month. i should be 60 in a few days.

Ashur@vaarnaaarne is yours truly, who generally handles setting people up for the guild and chat channel. Just one word of advice on guild rules:

Please do not dump trash into the vault, we're trying to make it into a useful communal pool of resources instead of a garbage dump.

Is it true that they buffed the endgame bosses so hard that you can't progress without investing real cash? I saw a couple of complaints in different youtube videos.
I'm not sure if they've ever actually buffed ANY bosses in the game (aside from adding arena fences to Castle Never's Dracolich fight, since you could easily eliminate mobs with wizards casting Repel and Shield back in the day), the endgame elite dungeon content has always been ball-breakingly hard. But the only way that I can think of beating it through just using cash is if you buy resurrection scrolls and somehow win by nothing but attrition, but this is so outlandishly stupid I don't think anyone's ever done it. The real P2W element that's always been there is extra character slots, since each character is 100% more cashflow and 100% more Islamic Coal Cult.

Hellfire@mmh157

Ashur@vaarnaaarne is yours truly, who generally handles setting people up for the guild and chat channel. Just one word of advice on guild rules:

Please do not dump trash into the vault, we're trying to make it into a useful communal pool of resources instead of a garbage dump.
well then, i'll help you sort the vault by pulling out whatever looks expensive.

Vaarna_Aarne

Generally speaking the intention is for people to only take stuff that they intend to use personally.

EDIT: Also MadMaxHellfire your handle is written wrong in some manner. Just responds with Unknown User.

Last edited:
umh... yes, but i don't know why it shows as the handle o_O i'm seriously puzzled.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom