Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, that was also a bit of a mistake on my part. See, the ingame handle is separate from your PWE handle, a fact I myself forgot. The easiest way to check your correct handle is to turn on username display for chat and then use /emote dancefolk (or something) to get your full and accurate char@username. You'll probably also want to turn off the profanity filter while at the chat options, for that authentic Codex experience.

meanwhile i hit 60 and experienced my first death to a boss.
the weirdling in elves land, it managed to kill me twice before i realised i should never ever approach the corners of the arena.

also i remembered why i hate so much mmorpgs: i wasted a whole hour, maybe more, in the mindflayers skirmish because people kept going to the last boss one at a time. and dying one at a time. no focus fire, no support of casters, just people getting hammered back and forth.

Wild Slop

Arcane
There is another gimmicky kommunity kontest on now, a do a wacky 'photoshop' one. I like using Gimp because it is free and a pretty damn good program at that. I see there is a later version than the one I have installed but too lazy to do the clicking and moving heavy mouse around that would be required.

Bliblablubb consider putting that "Zulkir of Tourism" to good use. Then again considering the Neverwinter community what they call humor is sad and wrong so it would probably be ignored. Do it anyway!

I don't know off hand the best way to go about this whether it be altering an existing travel brochure cover or (fill-in-the-blank)

*To clear up any possible confusion, I had been writing in game "excitement" about another coming x2 refine event. Katz had caught my mistake and pointed out the this is a bonus enchant and rune event and not RP. Well shit. Save your chests back at least I suppose... what a drag.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Personally I'd say a good one would be putting Knox in Mr T's van chasing after Murdoch, waving his axe out the window.

zen question: i have some on another account, i want to move richness from there to neverwinter. is it even possible?

Gerrard

Arcane
If it's in an account for a different game, then no.

Cryptic going full retard again with class changes.

Overview
The biggest overhaul Clerics are seeing in this patch is the total rework of Divinity. Divine Mode powers no longer share cooldowns with their non-Divine counterparts (instead having no cooldown). Divine mode powers have all been retuned or reworked to better fit this change, and Divine Power generation is now handled exclusively by At Wills, but is substantially faster than it used to be. This brings us to the new mechanic being added, Empowered. When you cast a Divine spell, you gain a stack of Empowered for the non-Divine version. Each spell interacts differently with these stacks, and choosing what spells you want to empower to get the bonus effect will be a big part of choosing how to spend Divinity.
In addition to these changes we have rebuilt the 3 feat trees to better facilitate healing and supportive gameplay while still opening a DPS path. Let’s take a look at all the changes below.

eklektyk

Erudite
im reading http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...ficial-Feedback-Thread-Devoted-Cleric-Changes

and i am like WTF they smoke there ....

so it looks like basicly they took a lookse on what clerics use every day to at least manage to survive those rare instances wheny we take them to play.kill smth and went like
fuck no we dont like how u play - and went and fucked up all that was usefool or semiusefool and make it shitty and worse/unusable

great rework there cryptic 10/10 would not play

sunburst always having knockback ??? just fire that moron resposible for this bright idea and start from scratch

editty:

just took a look on rogue changes : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...icial-Feedback-Thread-Trickster-Rogue-Changes
and its pure genious ... in one swoop they fucked up pve and pvp ... its simply unbelivable that they can do this and pat themselves for job well done :)
basicly what they plan to do to rogue is kill only viable now stealth build by nerfing the everloving shit out of stealth and time u can spend in it :) as a recompensation for basicly killing class feature they provide executioner path that will simply kill pvp as in oneshotkill bonanza return ...that means if it go live return of all those wonderful reasons for what rouges were nerfed to shit so long ago ...

schizo cryptic much ? :) i dont even know anymore ...simply ...meh cant be arsed to think bout it

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

I'm pretty sure they'll realize soon enough that making the EX powers have no cooldown is a dumb idea when someone's Cleric does a quad-tap with Daunting Light or Forgemaster's. EDIT: Aaaah, seems it won't be a thing at all, since the Divine versions are no longer true EX versions, but rather just wind-up powers for the Empowered version which is better than the old one. Seems potentially interesting, as long as the powers themselves are buffed in the first place. The real horror though is that they're taking away the Hallowed Ground feat buff!

Same thing with making Perma-Stealth even more OP. They'll definately have to remove ways to generate Stealth meter while Stealthed, or means of instant recharge of Stealth meter. Besides that, the problem is the ridiculous 100% damage bonus Executioner can get with Stealth, which essentially turns Shocking Execution or Hateful Knives into an instant kill in PvP. Besides these, a lot of the Rogue issues seem to be addressed in the first batch of changes, with the broad buff of Blitz and Vengeance's Pursuit being examples.

Last edited:
let me rephrase it: i have some zen on another sto/nw account and i want to move something like 2000 on this other sto/nw account. is it even possible? all i want is another toon slot, more inventory space and maybe a cool companion or two.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
There is another gimmicky kommunity kontest on now, a do a wacky 'photoshop' one.

While I tend to have some funny ideas now and then, I horrible suck at putting them to good use. Especially when it comes to photochopping.
Because of that I give you and everyone else permission to abuse every stupid idea I may have come up with and create pictures of awsome with it! Looking at the thread I can see the picture with the grrrrrl in to win anyway, followed by "who is she/is that you" inquiries.

let me rephrase it: i have some zen on another sto/nw account and i want to move something like 2000 on this other sto/nw account. is it even possible? all i want is another toon slot, more inventory space and maybe a cool companion or two.

If that was possible, I would have an army of Superponies already. Zen is so much cheaper to get in STO...

eklektyk

Erudite
u cant transfer zen from account to other account

but u can buy mount/s companion/s on one and then mail those to other
but as for acc wide unlocks ur out of luck as those dont come with a nice sellable box yet...

and i like how they broke rogue and now going full 180 and will brake it again .. i wonder how much dmg can one hit generate with those proposed stacking buffs/adds it will be smth ridonculus and borked and whineworthy and forums will flow in butthurt and tears/blood ...it will be glorious !

Gerrard

Arcane
Those TR changes are terrible, most of those new feats are shit, 2 out of 3 new capstones are shit. The only thing they will be good for is TROLOLOL 300K damage lashing blade in PvP.

^ You can't mail mounts since they unlock for the account. If you want to transfer the money you could buy something in the Zen store that can be mailed, mail it to another account, then sell it on the AH and use the AD to buy Zen again.

Norfleet

Good luck buying any Zen,though. Apparently the NW ADX is pretty much dysfunctional.

Norfleet

They are accountwide. Like me, though, he has multiple accounts, and there is no real way to consolidate Zen across multiple accounts.

Vaarna_Aarne

I look at it this way: The previous capstones were all degrees of shitty, at least the new ones look intriguing baselines for tweaking. Skullcracker is meh, but at least stealth refill (assuming they do the right thing and really change the previous permastealth powers functionality so it's the only real stealth recharger) and OMAE WA SHINDEIRU look interdasting.

Gerrard

Arcane
Only the Saboteur one was shitty. Executioner was silly OP combined with the other feats, Scoundrel one could use some tweaking.
Good luck buying any Zen,though. Apparently the NW ADX is pretty much dysfunctional.
It's mostly back to normal now.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Executioner one wasn't really that OP because TR's overall damage output wasn't enough to push it further (it was more of a case of being one of the few things to work as crutches). Scoundrel was just junk, since it was a single pop and thus not particularly useful for either permastealth or otherwise. Assuming they tweak the damage output in general to be on par with other hard hitting classes' single targets and AoEs, the OMAE WA SHINDEIRU capstone could outdo the previous Executioner capstone.

Given how well the previous rebalancings worked out, I'm optimistic. At least with Rogue they do recognize that the main problems were that permastealth needs something done about it, and that powers in general need to be more up to standard (ie, Blitz buff was just what the doctor ordered).

Norfleet

You definitely can't transport Zen across games. That is right out. It's just not practical to get any Zen on NW, the economy is sort of crippled there. It's accountwide by game. It has always been this way. You can get "unbound" Zen at purchase from the main site, if you avoid Arc, but this is not very useful.

Vaarna_Aarne

I tried to give you one today after friending you, but it didn't accept Scourge as the charname. You do have a chat channel invite tho, so you can check if anyone's online at the same time and they'll let you in.

Gerrard

Arcane
I sent you an invite.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom