Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I really don't know why MMO devs still try that kind of stuff, or why there's people who desire it.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So apparently there's a 25 man raid coming in the next mod.
This will be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Considering how awsome a dragon fight among the zerlings feels, I will send my Wizard with icy terrain in the fight just to troll everyone.
But seriously, performance aside 25 man raids just mean 10 guys are afk and 10 have no idea what they are doing. Been there, done that.

eklektyk

Erudite
looks like its time for aditional pylon construction - with praising boxes it will reach proper lvl just in time to play with new path methinks

Vaarna_Aarne

The way I understood, that thing only happens when you exit combat when the actual Sparks heal happens automatically. Not particularly impressive.

The real impressive thing is comboing Fury feats to get extra bonus from the whatsitsname Feature that grants extra damage while at full AP gauge with the feat that gives 2% extra damage per Spark.

yes, that's how it works. still you exit combat with max ap, so you can start the next one with tt, obliterating the enemy and gaining max ap again.

oh, my mistake, i took for granted it was "15% per spark".
well, it's pretty useless.

double post which isn't one!
what's the most entertaining class in neverwinter? i mean, the one with most choices, most builds, most stuff to do which couldn't just be a macro or two.
i have new two spare slots, finally, but i can't chose.
i heard the mage and the ranger are overpowered but i'd like an armored toon to craft armors for larping reasons, but i don't want to grow bored.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

I was sure I'd written an anwer...

Anyway, I'd say the three most entertaining classes are Wizard, Guardian Fighter (nice mixture of tanking, party support, aggro control, and most of all decent stopping power as well nowadays), and Warlock (the Wizard's younger cousin with a Stand). Ranger is a close runner-up due to the fast-paced gameplay with a revolver loadout of abilities, and Great Weapon Fighter is good for those times when on just doesn't want to give a fuck and instead just pummel things while facetanking. Wizard is my own #1 thanks to the combination of nice animations, a large selection of spells that are worth using and pack a wallop, and the virtue of being a wizard. The Wizard's overpowered aspect is more than anything down to their supreme status as the master of AoE nuke control combo. Another thing that makes other classes jelly is that Wizard uses four abilities in a loadout (their class special mechanic is that their Tab casts a fourth Encounter spell as a Spell Mastery variant, which is stronger than the normal version of said spell through special mechanics unique to each spell).

Generally speaking I've found something entertaining about playing with each class, except maybe Cleric and Rogue due to how badly underpowered they are right now. Even if it makes me a little smug to watch the kind of damage I can dish out with the cleric's special synergies in Dragon Heroic Encounters, or outperforming random strangers with better classes as the Rogue.

in the meantime i tried the wizard and didn't find it fun at all, feels a lot like every other standard mmorpgs "stand there and press numbers until things die", maybe he'll improve in later stages, will he?
i want something which can be fun and can survive all the solo content actually solo, unlike my rogue who can't even stare at drows without exploding, even if less overpowered than my warlock who just disintegrates stuff.

how long for the class revamp and new paragon paths?

Gerrard

Arcane
CW is true to the D&D Wizard Experience™. You should get some better gear if you have problems with the last zone.

Next mod is planned for beginning of December I think.

Vaarna_Aarne

Any good wizard knows how to dodge, and Steal Time and Sudden Storm require you to get fairly up close and personal.

Also, the next module will have the class revamp for Cleric and Rogue, and a new paragon path for Warlock that was mentioned earlier.

eklektyk

Erudite
for me most fun right now is warlock instanuketrashmobsITZheavan
close second goes to fire wizard bcoz it simply looks cool nukin in style ...

then all my gwf's as its simply press attack and watch stuffies die ...
rest is tedious without sirious bling [gf is betah but still hurts in solo dps and requires nice weapon enchant there - altho it stopped sucking balls thats a plus]

but with max lvl 6 enchants for economy reasons geting top rated gear for ur char is priority

Bliblablubb

Arcane
How can you not adore the goodness called Hunter Ranger? Prepare your battlefield and watch enemies die while shifting around like ghost! Okay, if they surprise you it's time to make a JoJo... but you'll be back!

Gerrard

Arcane
Well, I'll have cleared Rogue's Tyranny rep by then.
Better keep grindin'
ReM7Fhb.png

Ln5rROF.png

DSptEqG.png

There's also 2 new boons and the final boons now have 3 ranks. And each requires a book.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well that really means that I'll be doing that stuff solely for the XP, I'm not in a particular hurry to get the books unless they drop into 100k range on AH.

how the fucking fuck am i fucking supposed to fucking gather 1800 of those fucking fucks to fucking get both the fucking event companions when even for a single fucking token you have to fucking chase some fucking mob in the fucking middle of fucking lag central?

in other words: i haven't really appreciated this latest event.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom