Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Gerrard

Arcane
So it turns out this 2x profession resources thing only applies to skill nodes and not boxes.

MEH

Bliblablubb

Arcane
i had to log in for like 15 or 17 days every day non stop to get that ... horrible promo ... ;)

and yeah this x2 proff event sucks balls ... only nodes is shit and botters are farming those hard

Yeah... it's not like you log in 3 times a day, every day. :hug:

But that event really does suck. Saved up all my shiny boxes and then such a letdown. :decline:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well we did have one of these before, and it was the same thing then too...

The real deal is still the Refining event.

Gerrard

Arcane
Items and Economy
  • All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive.
Might want to stock up some peridots or something before they skyrocket again.

eklektyk

Erudite
well ... it looks like ...i dont know ...they trying really, really hard to kill it ...some line in contract must specify how craptic can achive friduuum from chinese overlords bu tanking two consecutive mmo's or smth ??
anyways i got my popcorn and reading forums is like watching hous burning down, ever soooo slooowly but its a nice glow and u can bring dem marschmellows or stuffies...

Gerrard

Arcane
Goal: $10,000+ Raised during our ExtraLife Charity Event
Reward: A “Natural 20 Weekend" – 2x Experience, 2x Refinement Points, and 2x Glory Weekend
Due Date: COMPLETED!
Reward Date: 12/26

Goal: 300 items collected in our Grey Items Collection Event (More info on this to come!)
Reward: Lockbox Trading Event – All Lockboxes
Due Date:11/28
Reward Date: 12/5

Vaarna_Aarne

I hate this mass party combat stuff in any situation. Five players should be the upper limit in all cases, no exceptions.

eklektyk

Erudite
looks like its time to farm terror shards for upgradin my rogue's weapon enchant ... and stockpile other stuffies to boost dem artifacts to purple on my farmers too ...
will be busy time but thankfully sto's farm event is almost done so that should help

and that fight with moar than 5 ppl will be glorious clusterfuck of magnificient proportions ...simply unplayable for like 3 patches at minimum

Shannow

Waster of Time
So I'm going to try this shit. What server is the codex on? What's the Guild name? ButtPluggedTrannies?

I doubt I'll play it for more than a day.

Norfleet

There's only one server, this isn't one of those fractured shard games. You pretty much just join, start playing, and poke Vaarna when you see him.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I can almost see it now:

PUG said:
OK Which one of you 24 assholes hit "Need"? I thought I told you we were all going to Greed.
This is bullshit. I quit.
Followed by 15 people saying: "don't let the door hit you on your way out!"
The rest is afk anyway. Because THAT is the real problem with such large groups.

will be busy time but thankfully sto's farm event is almost done

But.... Winter Event is almost upon us! Don't you want an ugly but free carrier on all your chars? You know you want it!

bloodlover

Arcane
I can almost see it now:

PUG said:
OK Which one of you 24 assholes hit "Need"? I thought I told you we were all going to Greed.
This is bullshit. I quit.
Followed by 15 people saying: "don't let the door hit you on your way out!"
The rest is afk anyway. Because THAT is the real problem with such large groups.

Or you could just join a proper guild and raid together.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Or you could just join a proper guild and raid together.

Are implying good sir that the very prestigious "Raiders of the lost Grimoire" are not a proper guild? I certainly hope you did not, for that would be an insult punished by loosing your rights to shitpost on the Codex old chap. :obviously:

Shannow

Waster of Time
I'm lvl 20 and so far it's fun, so I'll continue playing. It'd be cool if somebody invited me. Foehammer@gimdark555

I tried poking Vaarna but, for some reason Craptic won't let me write "@". Perhaps because it requires right alt on qwertz keyboards? No idea.

Vaarna_Aarne

Friend invite and chat invite sent.

Once you're in the guild, feel free to pick up Dragonbone main and off-hand from the bank if there's any you can use. Those are level-scaling weapons and thus ideal for extended tutorial.

Also, if you're having problems with @ ingame, you can use ctrl-v to paste things into the game. Ctrl-c also works for any highlighted log entries and such.

Last edited:
I'm lvl 20 and so far it's fun, so I'll continue playing. It'd be cool if somebody invited me. Foehammer@gimdark555

I tried poking Vaarna but, for some reason Craptic won't let me write "@". Perhaps because it requires right alt on qwertz keyboards? No idea.
now i remember why i remapped my alt to f2.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Yeah, I checked it. The game really goes bonkers with keys if it's not in Fullscreen mode. I had problems with F2 too, btw. And not only will it have problems after alt-tabbing out, it will also randomly start in windowed or windowed maximized although I was Fullscreen when I exited... *fp*
Anyway, how do I join the codex guild and what's the guild name? :P
Do I have to be a certain level or is it simply a matter of invitation?
Any tips on what items I shouldn't sell? (Though I suspect it's rather unimportant at this low level.)
And where do I get new bags? The bags of holding on auction are kinda expensive *g*

Vaarna_Aarne

The guild name is Raiders of the Lost Grimoire, and you aren't joined mostly because I just didn't remember to send the invite last time I updated my professions. You can also check the private chat channel to see if anyone from the guild is online, all of us have the ability to invite dudes.

The game gives you two bags from just regular quests: First one in Blacklake, second one in Neverdeath.

In terms of selling stuff, it's not a big deal. Your primary source of cash will be farming Leadership profession, and gold is never an issue anyway. It's more important that you remember to praise Allah and take the 6/7 Celestial Coins chest for faster Sharandar progression once you're done with the extended tutorial.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Allah-u ackbar!
I think Neverdeath is the next zone I'll be coming to. So the bag will soon be mine *greed*
I also just got a potion bag from the integrated browsergame, so I don't have to get rid of all those pathetic potions anymore, hooray. (I think. Haven't tried it ingame yet.)
The question about selling stuff was more in the direction: What stuff should I make sure to keep/auction instead of simply selling it off.

Vaarna_Aarne

No need to worry about it until you start doing Epic dungeons. Set gear that you don't need is generally either sold, or (never) put into Guild Vault.

Draconic set gear from the Tyranny campaign is also sold at the auction (if not stuffed in the Vault), but a lot of it is really cheap (depends on class).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom